• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KillerCam282
    You got problems.
    same here kid

Comment

Originally posted by Raceboy
      Yeah i quess i was fortunate, that i could always do what i wanted growing up, shit i still live at home and i'm 27.
      At least I'm not the only one....lol. You and your dad have to talk. If he is being unreasonable about you spending money on your car, then you have to tell him....and a timing belt is necessary for the car to run. However, if you have been spending money on your car for mods or whatever and you are living at his house, eating his food or whatever the case may be, then he has a right to be upset. But now that it is something serious like a timing belt, he doesn't see it in that light, he just sees it as another waste of money on your car. I'm not done. BUT if you have been spending money on your car for whatever reason and you are paying rent and you are using your money to spend on the car, then that's your right to do so. I don't know what the living arragements are at your place, but I know if my mom sees me spending my rent on my car, of course she's pissed. And if you have money to spend on your car for other things i.e mods then you must have some money to move out! If not, if you don't have enough money and depend on your parents or dad for living, then he has a point.

SOLD!!
      Boosted H22
      375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb
        At least I'm not the only one....lol. You and your dad have to talk. If he is being unreasonable about you spending money on your car, then you have to tell him....and a timing belt is necessary for the car to run. However, if you have been spending money on your car for mods or whatever and you are living at his house, eating his food or whatever the case may be, then he has a right to be upset. But now that it is something serious like a timing belt, he doesn't see it in that light, he just sees it as another waste of money on your car. I'm not done. BUT if you have been spending money on your car for whatever reason and you are paying rent and you are using your money to spend on the car, then that's your right to do so. I don't know what the living arragements are at your place, but I know if my mom sees me spending my rent on my car, of course she's pissed. And if you have money to spend on your car for other things i.e mods then you must have some money to move out! If not, if you don't have enough money and depend on your parents or dad for living, then he has a point.
        I pay all my own bills and make contributions to the household so that's not even an issue. A lot of shit changed when I started working outside the family...

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by Gen4Acclude
          PIMP
          LOSER

Comment

Damn some people have it really hard. My pops told me that i cant have another car i went out and brought it myself. He said i cant have insurance under his name went out brougth it myself. I brought everything that i wanted and owned with good saving. No kids I got a shorty but thats on hold I got my own place even though i still live at home I got my own space for free with no problems. Rent free no real bills or bullshit to live around in the city having to worry about someone breaking in my car. And to top it off i save gas money because my job is 3 minutes away fromt he crib and the car is still guarded LOL . Man life is good and my job doesnt requaire any kind of real serious strenous work.

Comment

Either sell the car or move out. Obviously your dad doesn't want a car sitting there in his driveway/garage that doesn't run, and being a homeowner it's his right to make that decision. When the people on here bashing your dad dish out 100-200-300 thousand dollars for a house (I don't know the market where you live) then they can talk shit.

My dad told me I had 2 months to move a wrecked car out of his garage or he was going to tow it off... I didn't get mad at him for it because I respect the fact that it's HIS house. When I own a $200k house, I'll probably be the same way. You have nice things and want to keep them that way.

So the point of what I'm saying is, it's your DAD man! If you love the car that much go rent a storage unit to work on the car out of until it's fixed. I've seen someone on here that did a whole motor swap in a storage unit so don't tell me it isn't doable.

BTW, I wanted the freedom and ability to come and go as I please so I moved out. I've been living on my own (mind you with my own family now) for a little over 4 years and have no plans of going back.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Body LX
                Either sell the car or move out. Obviously your dad doesn't want a car sitting there in his driveway/garage that doesn't run, and being a homeowner it's his right to make that decision. When the people on here bashing your dad dish out 100-200-300 thousand dollars for a house (I don't know the market where you live) then they can talk shit.

My dad told me I had 2 months to move a wrecked car out of his garage or he was going to tow it off... I didn't get mad at him for it because I respect the fact that it's HIS house. When I own a $200k house, I'll probably be the same way. You have nice things and want to keep them that way.

So the point of what I'm saying is, it's your DAD man! If you love the car that much go rent a storage unit to work on the car out of until it's fixed. I've seen someone on here that did a whole motor swap in a storage unit so don't tell me it isn't doable.

BTW, I wanted the freedom and ability to come and go as I please so I moved out. I've been living on my own (mind you with my own family now) for a little over 4 years and have no plans of going back.
                I'm moving out in February.

And I don't really love the car that much...what really set it off was when he offered to help, but with a catch...I couldn't choose the car. So I told him I would get this car running and buy a car on my own later...that's when we stopped talking. A month later the car is still not running and nothing has changed. So I see his beef. But I see it like this. If I have to be home and live under house rules and all that, as well as having to drive more as their house puts me far away from everything, I should at least have a say in what car I drive as it's more of an issue. Plus I can buy one on my own if necessary anyway. But he won't help me buy a car if I move out.

But if I move closer to work I might not even need a car...and I'll drive it so little I won't even care. Plus all the stress of living home would go away. And I think I need that kind of responsibility/routine. Being home is easy and dissatisfying for me, and it isolates me from all my friends...so moving is definitely on the agenda...

In the meantime though I guess I just have to grin and bear it. If I can get some cash for the car now as-is I'll probably just get rid of it to make him happy as it's been off the road for almost 2 months anyway.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Do you have any money, Yaw? Just tow it to a shop and have it fixed professionally. Yeah, it's not as cool to have it fixed for you, but it'll get it running. Once it's running, your dad won't have a valid reason to complain anymore.

Comment

your a grown ass man.,..act like it..make moves...do your own decisions...you can respect your dad..but not always listenm to them man..sometimes you have to do what you have to do

Comment

Originally posted by Raceboy
                      shit i still live at home and i'm 27.

yea!!! free rent is the best, straight pimping there.

it has eyes!!!

Comment

at least you didnt want to kill your mom and then yourself one night...
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

1. if your dad payed for the current car he has all say. 2. if he is buying a new car for you he has all say. 3. if you move out you are on your own. 4. to the average parent a car is merely transportation from point A to point B. 5. if you don't have any funds to buy your own car then i suggest letting your dad help you out and get whatever he feels like paying for. 6. if you let you car sit on the street dead for a month outside an apartment it would prob get towed, you are lucky you live at home. if you don't own your own car how are you going to move out? and how the hell are you getting places now? this seems like a open and shut case dude. if you are not a bread winner in a household you are not much of a grown ass man imo. if you don't have a couple hundred dollars to have a timing belt installed that would indicate money is spent elsewhere. this is only my opinion from what i've learned in life. i don't know your exact situation, maybe i am wrong. good luck and respect your elders. peace.
                          hey. my cb7 has morphed. haha.

Comment

I can see both sides here.

Wanting to pay for your new car is cool, but why does he have an interest in dictating what you get? It doesn't affect him, unless he has other motives, so why not let you choose? If he wants to actually help you out, then he should actually help you out. Not do it with a bunch of strings attached.

Knowing this and what he has said/done in the past, it sounds like he is trying to shape/mold you into his own image still. That isn't fair for you.

However, it is his house, and he does have a right to dictate what happens at his house.

My opinion is that family is much more important than a car, but at the same time, the street goes the other way too. By saying something stupid like "me or the car", he is setting himself up for failure IMO.

I know how I would choose, because that indicates to me that his true intentions aren't what he says they are.

Luckily, my parents aren't like that. They do what is in my best interest because it is in MY best interest, not theirs.

Of course not living at home helps too.

Do what you can to get it running, and get the fuck out. Then he can decide if he wants to be controlling, and you can decide if you want to let him.
                            Last edited by owequitit; 12-04-2006, 05:01 PM.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by cb7rolln
                              1. if your dad payed for the current car he has all say. 2. if he is buying a new car for you he has all say. 3. if you move out you are on your own. 4. to the average parent a car is merely transportation from point A to point B. 5. if you don't have any funds to buy your own car then i suggest letting your dad help you out and get whatever he feels like paying for. 6. if you let you car sit on the street dead for a month outside an apartment it would prob get towed, you are lucky you live at home. if you don't own your own car how are you going to move out? and how the hell are you getting places now? this seems like a open and shut case dude. if you are not a bread winner in a household you are not much of a grown ass man imo. if you don't have a couple hundred dollars to have a timing belt installed that would indicate money is spent elsewhere. this is only my opinion from what i've learned in life. i don't know your exact situation, maybe i am wrong. good luck and respect your elders. peace.
                              It's half and half. He helped me buy this car but I've taken over maintenance and insurance. Once I get out and on my feet I'll pay him back for the car too, now that I think about it. For me to get another car will cost me a bit of money, whereas fixing the stuff on this car will be much more cost effective for me. Outside of that I work, make decent money and pay all my bills. The only money I get from them is for work I do at their office. Plus the motor swap kinda ran me dry this month, and I didn't feel it was enough of an "emergency" to warrant dipping into my savings to get the car fixed by a shop.

As far as me having a car, really, I haven't had my own car on the road for the past two months or so and I haven't missed a day of work. I haven't really gone out either, but that's more a consequence of me being in the middle of nowhere rather than not having a car. If all goes as planned I'll have my own place much closer to work in February. I would have taken the car to get fixed, but really if I could just get a day or so to sit down and do the work I could do it myself. I've just been busy with work...I have a big presentation tomorrow I've been working on for the past few weeks, so on Saturdays I'd be at work sometimes. I should be able to fix the car this weekend.

On one hand I know he has my best interests in mind. Me not having a car does kind of suck...but it doesn't really affect him. Plus him seeing me dump money into the car is a big pain, he says. But really, I don't know if this is messed up, but if his help has to come with all these headaches, I don't want it. Driving a car I don't like + having to hear about how he's bailed me out again anytime there's any kind of discussion = not worth it to me. This is a chance for me to finally get out on my own...and I think I'm gonna take it.

Comment

at the end of the day family is all you got..
                                To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Working...
                                X