No announcement yet.

realistic way of saving about 7 grand..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have online banking so i put in an equation to take 40% of my paycheck everytime it sends it there.
    and if you have a considerable amount of money INVEST

you can invest in global energies..
    they arn't going to go down until somone makes a practicle alternate energy source and companies are ready to let go of oil profits.
    and still people will still have Cars that run on unleaded so you are good.
    don't get me started how EVERYTHING somewhere uses a fossil fuel.
    uh... if by overboosted you mean "right the fuck on" then, sure, it is.

Comment

my solution to all that joe honestly just get a better paying job. Once you do that and you pull in 972 every two weeks after taxes with no kids and no real bill your straight. Also if your in a relationship and shes not pulling her own weight or expects you to do everything out of your pocket dump her and broom her fast.

Comment

id take your motor.

Comment

Originally posted by npor
          true. the resteraunt i work at is in the golf course behind my house.

it takes 5 minutes to walk across the course if i don't feel like driving.
          and 2 minutes if i drive.

the golf course, and the wilmington plantation are connected to each other. (here's a site for the plantation. it's down, but there's a drawing of the building. www.wilmingtonplantation.com)

it's a chill job too. since the food is expensive, the tips are usually good. only bad thing, is the resteraunt used to be private, members only. now it's public, but we're ALWAYS slow. nobody knows it's public now.

hell....most people don't even know it exists.

Time to advertise!

Joe, what's the timeframe you're looking at? If you have a part time job (say 20 hours a week) $10 an hour will be $10,000 a year...before taxes. Uncle Sam takes a good third of your pay for taxes and crap, so you're looking at about $7000 if you're lucky... for a year... without any expenses at all. Your expenses are probably more than half of that (gas alone, if you drive the average 12,000 miles a year like most of us, will be about $1500). Mike is right about getting a better job being your first priority. Get the best pay you can get (waiter is probably the most flexible) and save like crazy. Cut down your expenses as much as possible, and keep to a strict budget.

Comment

Working...
          X