East Coast Spring Meet Date Selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East Coast Spring Meet Date Selection

Since we have decided on a general area for the meet (Williamsburg, VA), and were talking about the date of the meet in that thread now, I figure its about time to get a date thread going.

In the running are the Last two weekends in April, and All of May.

Pick the Most convenient TWO please.
    April 20th - 22nd
    9.09%
    April 27th - 29th
    13.64%
    May 4th - 6th
    13.64%
    May 11th - 13th
    11.36%
    May 18th - 20th
    15.91%
    May 25th - 27th
    36.36%
    -Mark-
    CB7
    CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
    Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

No way can it be Memorial Day weekend. The traffic alone would suck.
    Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
    -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
    MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Originally posted by uslspct
      No way can it be Memorial Day weekend. The traffic alone would suck.
      Not to mention they usually jack up gas prices and put more cops out on the road....
      Turbo H23a3 build has begun
      01-01-2019

Comment

so this is gonna be a two day meet?

Comment

I like the end of the month. Then I KNOW school is over, and it's a huge amount of time to get shit done in good weather. I except everyone's cars to be proper as shit!
          wat

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
            so this is gonna be a two day meet?

it was last year, and even if its not, we need to know what weekend to make it anyways. that will be decided later.
            -Mark-
            CB7
            CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
            Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
              it was last year, and even if its not, we need to know what weekend to make it anyways. that will be decided later.

thats cool man. hope it is., shoot 2 days with people who tune cars like me? that freakin awsome. lol

Comment

question, how many of you are into racing? The reason I ask this is there is an 1/8th mile track where I live and I know the owner there also, he is looking for some kind of import event to be held at his track, my club is planning to have our annual show there later in the summer. If you all are interested in runs on the track we could hold it there.He(the owner) says he would do events like this as long as there are enough people who want to get on the track, he needs to make enough money to pay track help and other expenses(electric,and insurance,rescue) which he figurd at 1,500-2,000/day. He would charge $20 to run(unlimited) and some form of admission,probably $10. if it were to be a 2 day event, the go-kart track say that saturday and then(meet up back at track) cruize to strip on sunday, what do you think. or I like the weekend before memorial day less traffic and POLICE. heres link to the track http://www.northeastdragway.com/
                Last edited by doughboy415; 12-01-2006, 08:54 PM.
                BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

I'm always up for some drag racing, count me in for sure.

Hoenstly though, I doubt there would be enough people wanting to race though, you'd need like 100 people racing, or 50 people racing and another 100 watching, to make the $2000.00 mark.

If you can work it out, then awesome, but I know from experince that it's difficult organizing a track day, due to the track having to hire the ambulance and rescue people.

On a side note, I had my drag radials with me last year just in case, so I'll probably do the same this year.

L8r all
                  01-01-2019

Comment

I'll race Brady.
                    wat

Comment

Ahh, just wait for my new motor to be finished, it's gonna be mean.....
                      01-01-2019

Comment

I'm thinking of building a block this winter. Hmmm,
                        wat

Comment

Originally posted by bjaccord
                          I'm always up for some drag racing, count me in for sure.

Hoenstly though, I doubt there would be enough people wanting to race though, you'd need like 100 people racing, or 50 people racing and another 100 watching, to make the $2000.00 mark.

If you can work it out, then awesome, but I know from experince that it's difficult organizing a track day, due to the track having to hire the ambulance and rescue people.

On a side note, I had my drag radials with me last year just in case, so I'll probably do the same this year.

L8r all
                          Not really, this track doesn't run on sundays and rescue personel isnt hard to get. I'll talk to him this week about it and get actual cost.
                          BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

Originally posted by doughboy415
                            Not really, this track doesn't run on sundays and rescue personel isnt hard to get. I'll talk to him this week about it and get actual cost.

If he can figure out a cost then we may be able to talk enough people into it by then.

Hopely this will be the best east coast meet yet (Not trying to exclude the midwest, but it's on the east coast ) L8r
                            01-01-2019

Comment

It's got potential.
                              wat

Comment

Working...
                              X