anyone download hd-xvid movies???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone download hd-xvid movies???

well ive dl'ed a few of them. they are xvid/avi files and they play fine on my computer... but i cant get them to work on my dvd player. do i need a specific setup or is it just not possible?

you need a program to encode those files to work in a dvd player..too much of a hassle and takes a long time to encode depending on how big the file is and speed of your processor...

look into nero 7 ultra edition...

Comment

Diko
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i already have a toshiba dvd player that plays divx/xvid files and has a hdmi output, but it still doesnt work.

Comment

how big are the files? if not try burning them as video cd's?

Comment

The problem is that codec isn't present in the DVD player to decode the hd-xvid. You'll have to convert to another xvid format that your dvd player does have a codec for.

Comment

theres a few players out there that support xvidHD and divxHD but they are quite pricey, theres a list here: http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers just check the compatabilites you want and lots of reviews
              2007 Subaru WRX Limited - Stage 2

Comment

divx and xvid HD sounds like an oxymoron to me

all avi files are lossy.

Comment

A dvd is lossy too, what's your point? Digital is almost always lossy when compared to film. So go get yourself a 35mm film projector and call it a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Phempa
                    divx and xvid HD sounds like an oxymoron to me

all avi files are lossy.
                    which avi files youve been downloading?

Buying Your Tan Interior Parts ( Click Here )
                    .::.My Member's Ride Section.::.
                    .::._____My Myspace______.::.

Comment

wtf is lossy???

Comment

I realize that all video is "technically" lossy, but I'll still take vob files over any compressed form of video.

I just don't understand how they can make HD into a compressed file and call it anything other than just an avi (divx or xvid).... I'll have to read up more on it and see where the fault is.

Comment

If you haven't seen WMP-HD I suggest you head over to MS's website and dl the sample vids they have. They are very impressive (but not small by any means).

BTW, VOB is still compressed. Anything digital, by pure nature of digital, is compressed.

Comment

Working...
                          X