My CB7...the money pit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My CB7...the money pit

Once again it is time for repairs on my car! This time the rear motor mounts have gone bad and my CV joints have torn (no surprise there though). At least now the clunking noise has been diagnosed. Thank God that my parents are as cool as they are with fronting the money for repairs, otherwise I would be screwed. No money to buy the parts for myself kinda rules out fixing the problems with my friends at the moment. Oh yeah, and the fact that the tools aren't there either. Fuck, I swear, all this car has done is burn a hole in my family's pockets.
    Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

eh older cars tend to do that.
    Mine is starting to need repairs here and there.
    But

Honda owns!!!

She aint left me stranded yet and she cranks over everytime!

Comment

just be glad you gotta accord and not an dsm.
      honda-ftw!

Comment

The funny thing is that I drove for about 8 months on a bad CV, and I can't remember when my motor mounts starting going...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
          The funny thing is that I drove for about 8 months on a bad CV, and I can't remember when my motor mounts starting going...
          I do the same lol

Buying Your Tan Interior Parts ( Click Here )
          .::.My Member's Ride Section.::.
          .::._____My Myspace______.::.

Comment

i dont really remember a time when my cv joints WERENT clicking. mine both are, while all the boots are still intact.

youre lucky you have support for fixing it... driving a car in need of repairs often makes more things break and need to be fixed as well...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Mine was a money pit for a few months after I got it, plus the almost two thousand the last owner put into it...but its over the bump now. I guess its that magic 100,000 mile mark that starts is. Just a few things left that should cost too much...and I'll be doing them myself. Just gotta get through it. I haven't done or spent anything for several months, except for gas, an oil change, and cap/rotor.
              Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Its an old car its bound to happen. At least the parts arent that expensive plus after you repair it the car will basically run like new if its well maintained that is. Speaking of which I need to replace 70% of my bushings in the front lol damn drop is killing me haha stock shocks > me.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Thanks guys. I just hate being out of commission for a couple of days while repairs are going on. Hope to have her back today. Oh yeah, she's getting a tune up too, she was waaaayyyy overdue!

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Comment

you are lucky you dont have TWO money pits!!!

Comment

well atl east you can get all your stuff fixed at one time. i have to fix mine in stages. i hate it when your front suspesion starts talking to you.

and i need a new motor. the one i have has oil leaks out to yin-yang. and the amount its gonna cost me to get fix i might as well by a new motor.

i have a blown strut and i have no clue how long it will be b4 the others go. and i need a new exhaust system. at least it gives me an excuse to buy a cat-back

Comment

my tie rod boots are fucked.
                        i need to replace them hmm
                        but its not a biggie.

i just did my cv's about a month ago.. it's easy shoulda done it yourself
                        uh... if by overboosted you mean "right the fuck on" then, sure, it is.

Comment

Unfortunately, I have no tools or time to repair my car at the moment. If I did me and my buddies would have tackled it.

Comment

Bleh don't cry. My car has no electricity right now. And I have to change the axle seal, tranny fluid, oil, and radiator. I bought most of that stuff and the radiator is under warrantee, but still, even after having just done a swap I still have more repairs to do. Bleh. I just gotta get it running again.

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

My 90 Accord has a stripped oil drain bolt. I haven't changed the oil for over 7000 miles. It has 199,900 miles and sadly my plan is to run it until the timing belt breaks and it will be retired. I am happy it will reach the 200,000 miles, but cb7s can reach 400,000 if you want it to.

Comment

Working...
                              X