I'm About to Place a .22 Round in My CD-ROM Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm About to Place a .22 Round in My CD-ROM Drive

I hope somebody here can help me. My computer isn't even two years old now and the CD-ROM drive won't recognize blank CD-R's anymore. It'll still let me watch DVD's and stuff but it won't recognize blank CD-R's....

I pulled out the User's Guide to my computer and looked the drive up in the Troubleshooting section and did what it said but it didn't do anything. Help?

Anybody...?

Comment

have you tried finding/reinstalling the driver?
      -Mark-
      CB7
      CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
      Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

by "recognize" do you mean it won't Auto-run and open up a dialog asking you what to do?

Can you burn at all?

Comment

Originally posted by ACC0RD22
          have you tried finding/reinstalling the driver?
          That's what I'm attempting now but it's taking a while.

Originally posted by Phempa
          by "recognize" do you mean it won't Auto-run and open up a dialog asking you what to do?

Can you burn at all?
          It won't auto-run it, no, but it won't recognize the blank CD-R period. The disc just keeps spinning and spinning and spinning around in the drive until I get pissed and eject it. And when I open Windows Media Player or Nero and try to burn music, it will tell me to insert a blank disc, I do, but it keeps telling me to.

Comment

i would just replace the drive. they are cheap enough now adays, and then you should be fine.
            Lois: Oh, I haven't been on a college campus in years. Everything seems so different.
            Stewie: Really? Perhaps if you laid on your back with your ankles behind your ears that would ring a few bells.

Comment

Originally posted by spaztastic
              i would just replace the drive. they are cheap enough now adays, and then you should be fine.
              Ugh.... I hate spending money.

Well, I've tried updating the driver and it didn't work. So I uninstalled the driver and tried to reinstall it, but I can't find the disc to do so. So I googled the part number of the drive and found a driver to download, but it's a .bin file and wouldn't open. The Microsoft website told me that .bin files aren't to be opened but are part of programs. So now what? Should I place this .bin file in a certain folder to make magical repairs to my software or what?

Comment

Originally posted by According2Aaron
                Ugh.... I hate spending money.

Well, I've tried updating the driver and it didn't work. So I uninstalled the driver and tried to reinstall it, but I can't find the disc to do so. So I googled the part number of the drive and found a driver to download, but it's a .bin file and wouldn't open. The Microsoft website told me that .bin files aren't to be opened but are part of programs. So now what? Should I place this .bin file in a certain folder to make magical repairs to my software or what?
                you could get one for 20 bucks.

as for the driver, it should auto-install from windows itself. the driver wont install? thats weired.
                Last edited by ExplodingCake; 11-12-2006, 10:18 PM.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by f22cb7lx
                  you could get one for 20 bucks.

as for the driver, it should auto-install from windows itself. the driver wont install? thats weired.
                  A CD/DVD burner for $20?

Comment

what kind of computer do u have???

COMMENT MY RIDES!!!!

91 blue accord ex 4 door automatic

Comment

if you have nero, nero has an option where u can check your cd-drives you should try it

Comment

Originally posted by 91_accord
                        what kind of computer do u have???
                        Gateway 702GE.

Originally posted by elositocandela
                        if you have nero, nero has an option where u can check your cd-drives you should try it
                        I only have one drive to choose from. TS-H552B.

Comment

.bin files are usually used to reflash a drive. I don't think thats necessary.

I found the firmware file on samsungs website....and users manuals, no driver, thats not unusual though

there is no driver, so it auto installs in everything but DOS

update the firmware, go here
                          http://samsung-odd.com/eng/

then click firmware and firmware downloads, search by your model ts-h552b, then select the most recent version, ts12. Instructions on how to flash it are listed on the site. Be gentle doing it though. A bad flash = a dead drive.

If its still not a go, try uninstalling the device. Right click my computer->properties->hardware tab->device manager->under dvd/cd drives you should see your drive->right click and click uninstall

After it finishes, reboot and windows will install the drive.

If it still doesn't work, it would be easiest to give up and buy another. If you really don't want to buy another you can try using it in another computer to see if it works. If it works there, a full format/install of windows may be in your future.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                          where you been, is something wrong?
                          i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by spaztastic
                            Yup, that's what I had to do.... had the EXACT same symptoms....
                            1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by According2Aaron
                              A CD/DVD burner for $20?
                              lol i thought u had CD-ROM drive like stated above

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                              1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                              2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                              2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                              2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                              2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Working...
                              X