www.junkmycar.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

www.junkmycar.com

I just filled out a form on www.junkmycar.com to have the DX wreck towed away (finally!) I was expecting a phone call in a day or so, as it says on the site...

They called me within a half hour! The woman I spoke to was very nice (she even used to have a CB7 ), everything was quick, and she put me right on the line with the towing company.

Now, I know it's probably just as easy to call a junkyard or towing company. Some may even pay for the wreck... But I'm an online addict, and I HATE calling anyone on the phone.

I must say, I was impressed

Comment

Good to see the intarweb tubes were not clogged today.
      Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
      2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
      2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
      2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

weird.

Comment

I take it back. Maybe it wasn't them... but two days ago I got a call from the yard that got the wreck. Apparently they processed it as a donation, not junk. Without an engine, transmission, or vin plate, the car cannot be donated. I never intended to donate it anyway (hence "JUNKmycar.com") but now they want to charge me $180 for the processing fee!

I don't know if junkmycar.com told them to donate or not... but as far as I'm concerned, I don't owe them a dime. Somebody screwed up, and it surely wasn't me!

Comment

Good job.

Comment

You cant junk a car no matter what with out a title. Did you give them the title?
              H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Cut it up and throw it away. A buddy and I did that to a civic hatch he had sitting in the yard. Sawzall does wonders through thin sheet metal.

Comment

Yeah, I had the title for it. Everything was as they asked... title sitting inside where the dash should be (and yes, I informed them on the phone that there was no dash). Keys in the ignition switch (even though the steering rack was sitting on the floor... still turned the car though!) Suspension was intact so it could roll onto a flatbed... I tried to make it as easy as possible. Assholes just took it in as a donation. Should be my concern at all!

Comment

I am not a grammar stickler or anything but did you mean...

Originally posted by deevergote
                    Should NOT be my concern at all!

Comment

Working...
                    X