SCH: Off-topic DIY for those of you in school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCH: Off-topic DIY for those of you in school

Got an ugly book cover? Tired of that same old brown paper bag wrapped around your 200 dollar textbook? Why not wrap your book in something that looks as expensive as that darned book?

Alright, I had a little extra time after doing some studying so:

1. Print out a Honda logo or whatever you might want and glue it on to your text book cover. Start cutting away what ever material you see fit. I cut out the letters of the word Honda. This will be a stencil for the next step. Stuff some newspaper under the paper cover so as to not scratch the text book while cutting.

2. Then go grab a can of black paint or whatever you have handy and spray that sucker down.

3. Let it dry and then peel away your stencil.

4. (optional) Lay some clear packaging tape over the paint. After my book sat in my locker for a couple periods, everything around there smelled like spray paint. The tape covering helped mask that scent.

And there you have it, a fresh and cheap new book cover. I'll try some different designs and with different paper for the stencils when I get a chance. Have fun with it; it's pretty easy to do.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

hahaahaa, kids these days. later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Hahahahahha
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

pimpin them books out.. sniff sniff .. i smell a lil business for some extra cash. lol
          -:¦:-
          Originally posted by wed3k
          i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextAZN
            pimpin them books out.. sniff sniff .. i smell a lil business for some extra cash. lol
            haha Yeah I've gotten a positive response from ricers in my school. All I need to do is figure out how to put some coffee can horsepower on my textbooks and I'll have a following of student-ricers.

I want to make a stencil out of an outline of an accord I saw here a while ago. I think it was in someone's signature... Acclude92? 92Acclude? Anyway I have it saved to my computer somewhere, I'll post it up if I get any progress.

Comment

Thats.... cool, I like your can holder.
              MYCB7.com

Comment

yay now i have a new idea for my folder cover lols

Comment

i havnt used book covers since high school. that was a long time ago haha

Comment

Gosh I havent used book covers for so long it is incredible. I never thought taking care of books was that big of a deal until this year. I spent close to 800 dollars on my college textbooks for nursing THAT I CAN NOT SELL BACK. I have to keep all of my nursing school books to use in the future. I realized if i want them to last then im going to have to take better care of them!
                    "You are part of a great thing. Live for it, Talk for it and dream for it."
                    "A friend is someone who will be there when the rest of the world walks out on you!"

"People who toy with others hearts...are only unhappy in their own lives."

Comment

Never understood the need for a book cover anyways. If you take care of your books they will look just as nice at the end of the year as they did when you got them. I have my Auto Tech books from 2002 and they still look brand new (other then the work book has the pages filled out).
                      !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

oy kids.
                        Henry R
                        Koni/Neuspeed
                        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
                          oy kids.
                          i just wanted to tell you that ur sig rocks Accrdkid!! lol .. haha i freqin love it!

and book covers were kool cus u could draw on them!!! that's where my drawing skills developed .. middle school book covering.
                          -:¦:-
                          Originally posted by wed3k
                          i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

haha i use those stretchy book covers... but i like this idea

Comment

Originally posted by fourdoor
                              Thats.... cool, I like your can holder.
                              hehe yeah, cd-rs in my car eventually get scratched beyond head-unit-recognition, at which point they become my coasters.

Originally posted by 4thgenaccord
                              Never understood the need for a book cover anyways. If you take care of your books they will look just as nice at the end of the year as they did when you got them. I have my Auto Tech books from 2002 and they still look brand new (other then the work book has the pages filled out).
                              Yup, I know where you're coming from. The only reason I have book covers is 'cause high school teachers are picky for them. (if we don't have them within a week of getting the books, we get points taken away from our totals. i hope i'm bringing back bad memories. )

Comment

Working...
                              X