Battle @ 10,000RPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
    Unless I'm mistaken it has 135HP, correct? What good is 340lb-ft if it doesn't go beyond 2,000RPM? The area under the torque curve is what determines how fast a car is. It can peak high, but if there's not much range it won't be that fast.
    yep..about 2085rpms.

you have a point...the higher RPM you make your peak torque at, the better you can take advantage of gearing. If you compare two identical cars, same peak torque, same weight, etc....but move the peak torque on one to a higher RPM, that car will accelerate faster.

hence why cars like the integra dont need 200ft/lbs of torque to compete. my car makes peak torque at 7200+RPMS!!

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
      Unless I'm mistaken it has 135HP, correct? What good is 340lb-ft if it doesn't go beyond 2,000RPM? The area under the torque curve is what determines how fast a car is. It can peak high, but if there's not much range it won't be that fast.
      meh, just bump it up 20 more psi
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

thats pretty impressive. i know those engine are built, but its a testament to honda quality that they can handle such high constant revs.
        1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
          yep..about 2085rpms.

you have a point...the higher RPM you make your peak torque at, the better you can take advantage of gearing. If you compare two identical cars, same peak torque, same weight, etc....but move the peak torque on one to a higher RPM, that car will accelerate faster.

hence why cars like the integra dont need 200ft/lbs of torque to compete. my car makes peak torque at 7200+RPMS!!

Yes indeedy.

Since HP actually moves cars, and it is a function of revs and TQ at a specified point, you can increase acceleration in one of two ways.

More torque, or more revs.

The nice thing about more revs, is that you can put ridiculously low gearing, and still get reasonable speed out of a ratio, which is probably what you meant.

Look at the average Honda gearing compared to the average torquer. Our are a lot lower.

Lower gearing also allows you to take a fairly peaky powerband, and keep it on boil. That is why tranny selection in a Honda is so critical.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

those videos made me very happy in pants

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
            where you been, is something wrong?
            i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Working...
            X