Idea Inside!!! @@LOOK@@ Really cool idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i actually just had a good idea.

there are quite a few experienced solid modelers here, and more than a few inexperienced ones. what if we made it more of a project, and instead of charging people, made the information publicly available. it could be a cool feature for the wiki.
    -Mark-
    CB7
    CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
    Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

I say we take it a step further... put the models into a game and make a cb7-only racing game!

Comment

hahaha, im sure once the models are made, we could market them to a franchise, if theyre good enough that is. i mean, we could bring a ton of mods to the table with it, realistically.
        -Mark-
        CB7
        CD5

Comment

good stuff, I use autodesk and inventor

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
            I say we take it a step further... put the models into a game and make a cb7-only racing game!
            x3403589435800385!

I've always wanted to see CB7's in a video game! I'd love to drive one in a game where you can race or do cruising.

Comment

I guess this will do. It's a 93:

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
              JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

thats not a cb7...i have the cb7 one somewhere..ill see if i can find them

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

oops clicked wrong one.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                  JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Page one, I already got 'em :P

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

Some for the wagon guys.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

to make it truely customizable, were going to have to make this a large assembly. the grille, headlights, bumpers, tails, basically everything will have to be modeled as a part (.sldprt in solidworks) and then assembled to make it really work. I would love to help out, since im fairly competent in solid works, and could at least do a headlight or grille or something of that nature.

although, im sure everything i just said had already been thought about.
                        -Mark-
                        CB7
                        CD5

Comment

Dinner_Time - Man, you are my hero!! Those prints are awesome man, thanks a ton.

Accord R33 - Did you get those prints from www.smcars.net lol. If so there the ones I posted there about 2 years ago :P. I got them from the patent website
                          Thanks tho man!

As for the game idea, that actually how i got into 3d modeling. I use to make cars and put them in Viper Racer, Racer, NFS... ect. Not a bad idea but it would have to be a completly diff model for it, very easy to make tho.

As for all the diff parts being there own model, thats the way I planed on doing it, as for using Solidworks, I have no idea how to use that program, im using 3D Studio Max 8 right now. Im not sure if you can import Solidworks files into Max, we will have to figure something out.

Now that I have some sweet prints im going to start on the model tomorrow and will post progress pics in this thread for those who are interested.
                          Last edited by Lynx; 11-07-2006, 12:40 AM.
                          My FB Page - http://www.facebook.com/hellaflush3d

My 3D Work --> http://samauripizzacats.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Lynx
                            Dinner_Time - Man, you are my hero!! Those prints are awesome man, thanks a ton.

As for the game idea, that actually how i got into 3d modeling. I use to make cars and put them in Viper Racer, Racer, NFS... ect. Not a bad idea but it would have to be a completly diff model for it, very easy to make tho.

As for all the diff parts being there own model, thats the way I planed on doing it, as for using Solidworks, I have no idea how to use that program, im using 3D Studio Max 8 right now. Im not sure if you can import Solidworks files into Max, we will have to figure something out.

Now that I have some sweet prints im going to start on the model tomorrow and will post progress pics in this thread for those who are interested.
                            Glad I could help!

I hear Studio Max kicks serious butt. I haven't actually been able to use it but I hear good things. Can't wait to see the finished products!

Sean-Dinner.com

Comment

Working...
                            X