Have You Been Praying For Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have You Been Praying For Help?

This will seem weird to some of you. That's OK, I'm already the CB7Tuner Weirdo so no big deal.

It's no secret that I'm a christian. I have conversations with God all the time and recently I was told to make this thread. I'm not sure why, but maybe it's because of you. Maybe you have been praying for some sort of help. Post up what you have been praying for so myself and others can pray with you. If you do not feel comfortable posting your prayer, PM me, or even better, call me 804-854-9368. I will pray for you and do anything I can to help.

Surface level - I have been praying for a better job opportunity. I was told to cut my hair, shave, and save and in due time I will have a better job.

Deep level - I have been praying that I don't rely on certain pleasures of the flesh as I have, particularly alcohol, sex & tobacco.

My Accord History:
    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

I wish you could teach me how you talk to a god. That sounds like fun. Can you tell him something for me then...It's not funny when he changes the light to red in the middle of the night when no one else is around when I'm approaching the intersection. I always give the old middle finger upward. I wonder if he sees it.

Did you expect any serious responses to this thread? let's wait and see...
    Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
    -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
    MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

No one needs me to talk to God. Anyone can.......but the question is....are you willing to?

And yes there is going to be a bunch of crap responses as always, but if it reaches one person and helps them, it's worth it. Don't underestimate the power of prayer.

My Accord History:
      91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Oh my science...

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Acclude, I'd be more than happy to pray with you bro.

if people really do need help, post here or PM acclude or I

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
          Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
          NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

why be extreme? why not just be helpful and enjoy life in any way that isn't harmful to others. i personally like to fuck and when i can't fuck, jerk off. i like to drink occasionally and act stupid, usually end up naked and running for some reason, but that's fun and harmless. there are 300 other variations of religion in the USA that go by the same book. i just recently traded snakes with some of the holiness guys who take it all literally, yet people from most religions say they're stupid.

the flaws are a non-issue, it's the extremism that never leads to true goodness in your life AND someone else's

you're in the stage that most hardcore guys go through. seen it a lot of times. just remember that life isn't as simple as you try to make it. it's complicated and needs to be adjusted to. hard work usually pays off but without other qualities, you just become a hard working bitch. enjoy life and help others when needed, but don't forget that some people will fuck you over in a heartbeat and there is nothing valiant about being a gullible dumbass.

spend less time praying and more time doing. works for me
            ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7

you're in the stage that most hardcore guys go through.
              For the devoted it's not a stage.....it's a lifestyle. Being a hardcore/straight-edge Christian is what many believers strive to be but it's difficult in this day and age.

It doesn't need overanalizing......it just IS. God works through all Christians whether we talk about it or not. I pray sure, but it's about more than praying just like you said.
              1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

imho, a god of any sort is just putting a name to a basic set of moral guidelines for everyday life. granted some religons extend further requirements of their followers but the basic premise is empathy for others. living and enjoying life and in the process being human is something nobody should be ashamed of. to abstain from sexual pleasures until marriage is to deny the very simple fact that humans are animals, and have inherent needs and desires to be healthy individuals. to repress or deny these needs and desires is to be asking for trouble.
                1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

why do people have to come in here and start arguing about crap. geez. its just a prayer thread.
                  personally, i wish you guys would pray for my walk, and to help with fleshly desires. i live here on campus at the biggest party school anywhere close to where i live. and there's so much going on here that i dont agree with, and i need God's help to stand strong.

Comment

To each his own.
                    Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
                      i wish you guys would pray for my walk, and to help with fleshly desires. i live here on campus at the biggest party school anywhere close to where i live. and there's so much going on here that i dont agree with, and i need God's help to stand strong.
                      I'll pray for ya. Push away temptations, that's really your #1 defense.....keep God on your heart and in your decisions and you won't be misled.
                      1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Keep your Jesus off my penis
                        keep your bible off my balls,
                        keep your prayers out of my ears
                        and your crosses off my walls,
                        you can keep your Virgin Mother
                        and the Resurrection too,
                        keep your Jesus off my penis,
                        I'll keep my penis off of you.

This is precisely how I feel about religion. Keep your prayers to yourself and to church.

Comment

Hes not trying to push anything on any and hes just leaving it out there. you get mad respect from me man, takes a big man to make a post and a stand for his faith. i dont expect to change any of you, and i dont think acclude is pressuring any of you, hes just offering up a prayer if you need it. i know i could use some man, same problems as you( no smoke though). and you rright is is really hard in this day and age, and god knows i have made tons upon tons of mistakes. but i realy applaude you and i dont really care what anyone says.

Cody

Comment

Originally posted by birdman86
                            Hes not trying to push anything on any and hes just leaving it out there. you get mad respect from me man, takes a big man to make a post and a stand for his faith. i dont expect to change any of you, and i dont think acclude is pressuring any of you, hes just offering up a prayer if you need it. i know i could use some man, same problems as you( no smoke though). and you rright is is really hard in this day and age, and god knows i have made tons upon tons of mistakes. but i realy applaude you and i dont really care what anyone says.

Cody

x100

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                            Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                            NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

yea, i prayed back in the day...until it didnt do shit and i damned God to hell.

never went back to him for help, not that he could speak or communicate to me in any way, shape or form.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X