Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mom went through BANK STATEMENTS...reason to flip out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 92acclude
    Inappropriate!!!!!

Sit your mom down and make boundaries. Yes, you live at home, but in no way should she be going around your back to find out things. If she wants to know what's going on in your life, she should ask you directly. Also opening someone else's mail is a federal offense.
    seriously. She may still be your mother (you know thats the reason shes going to give you) but ask her how SHE would feel if HER mother went through all of HER mail. If she pleads that its a different situation, explain to her how its not. At this point, you are an adult, and you deserve the privacy that goes with it. I wouldnt expect any of my roomates to open my mail, and I live with them. we share the same mailbox as well.
    -Mark-
    CB7
    CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
    Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by g-wagon
      get your own bank account... but hey.. look at the brightside, at least your mom didn't steal 7g's and deny it.
      I have my own checking and savings acct., and then another savings acct. with her. The first two are in my name, and those are the statements she checked.

I guess it's hard to provide a context but this is just another bump in the myriad of problems I have with living at home. If it's not being lectured or sent back out as soon as I get in the door it's shit like this. Granted blah blah it could always be worse but it could also be a lot better. I gotta get it together.

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

You need to get out an open your own account man without her knowing.

Thats the only way of getting out of that situation, save up and get your own place.

I mean my mom was a little hard on me when I went back to Mass for 2 months it sucked but I ended up back in New Hampshire afterwards, but the only thing she ever did was impose curfews on me but NEVER went thru my personal accounts, she asked how my bills were and offered to help but I turned them down I don't see it being right having my parents pay for my debt.

Providing me with a place to stay (well after all they cant deny their oldest child) is all that was good enough for me.
        Henry R
        Koni/Neuspeed
        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

P.O. box?
          Gary A.K.A. Carter
          [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

I agree w/ most of the guys here saying it was inappropriate. But do I see a Dr. Phil show comming up?

My Official Vouch Thread

MY For Sale Thread!!!

Recent Members Sold To:
            ALOW1, TheNextAZN

Members Sold To (Vouches):
            ALOW1, Phempa, hpaccord91, aznsyco84, 93EXaesthetic, civic_90_08, wrichards2005, SuperTuner12010, JDM_EJ, Ralphie, cooneyb81, HondaFan81, quakerjoe, tanNn2koo, 91Accord-LX, JARHEAD293, TheNextAZN, (TONS MORE)

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
              I gotta get it together.

work two jobs... hustle... something man... living at home is the worst! i hate it.. it may be cheaper but damn does it suck.

SOLD!

Comment

Originally posted by g-wagon
                work two jobs... hustle... something man... living at home is the worst! i hate it.. it may be cheaper but damn does it suck.
                I have the money...but it's not easy getting a place in NYC, and I wanna make sure I get something nice w/someone trustworthy. When I leave I don't wanna come back till the holidays.

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

my opinion, just talk everything out b/c their has to be a REASON why she open ur mail, plus don't do anything that you'll regret later.
                  =my idea of classic JDM
                  to my car page

Comment

Originally posted by chiaboi_AcCorD
                    my opinion, just talk everything out b/c their has to be a REASON why she open ur mail, plus don't do anything that you'll regret later.
                    it has to be curiosity.

Comment

sound like boot camp....lol...you need a lock on your door homie

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2AZUL
                        sound like boot camp....lol...you need a lock on your door homie
                        then theyll really want to get in there

Comment

is living for free and her going through your shit better than paying 500$ a month for an apartment = no.

btw. online banking ftw
                          uh... if by overboosted you mean "right the fuck on" then, sure, it is.

Comment

I think it was wrong for her to go through your stuff, but then again you still live at home (for free I assume). I still live at home with my parents (20 almost 21) and i catch hell about how I spend my money(mainly from mom) but its not too bad for a free place to live. Just gotta deal with it until you can get out.
                            -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                            -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                            -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                            -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

You know to a mother you will always be her little boy,and of course you are still at home at your age, you know that old saying YOU LIVING UNDER MY ROOF, THEN LIVE BY MY RULES, the parent law.
                              BUILT NOT BOUGHTOG OWNER,SINCE 06/1992

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X