This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my CB just died today...READ!

well guys, just as the title says, my car died today...heres my story....I would like to share my anger...

I just got the CB from chicohonda91 about 1 week and 2 days ago. Its a 91 LX Coupe with an F22B swap. I picked up the car a Thursday evening in Orlando, drove it down to Ft. Lauderdale the same night. Got home at about 3am or so Friday. Car ran OK for what it seemed, the only thing that was driving me nuts was the front suspension was fucked...Ok...after bringing it down here, I have driven it about 4 days total...he had said it had a little smoke, for what he claimed the valve seals were gone...fine, i didnt pay too much attention to it because it didnt seem like much, but then the car instead of smoking when warming it up, now it smoked more often like for instance standing on a redlight, plus the next morning, I find a leak...cool....well heres where it ends...

a friend of mine calls me to hit up the junkyard today...so i agreed since it was my day off...we go, and everything seems cool, just that the car sounded a little funny. Now remember, Ive only driven it from my house to work, and back, which is like 4 miles total each day, for 3 days, plus about 10 miles to school and back 1 day....we get out of the junkyard, and as we head down the open road, the car just makes a real big knocking sound like if it were to fall apart...i downshift to pull over, and the car is off....after that, I just left it alone till my boy driftt came by to check it....he comes by, finds out the timing is off by 2 teeth on the cam gears, and the TB tensioner nut is stripped...he tries to do the best to adjust it, and nothing...dead...

Now everyone, spill your minds out, cuz Id really like some input on what I should do....cuz i feel i got fucked out of $2700.....

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

now, theres alot more to this story, I just wanted to make it short and sweet...only without the sweet part...

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

ask him if he had done any work on the engine, whether he did or a shop, then you can figure out who messed with the timing and then tell him what happened and see if you can work something out
      new ride
      07 cobalt ss/sc

Comment

the tensioner nut is a bitch anyways, get it off and fix the 2 teeth and see if it runs better.
        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

good luck with this...even though buying swapped cars always scares me
          Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
          Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

Comment

y the phuck r u being shy about it man. tell it all. car smoked like if it was on FIRE!! kid picked up the car pass midnight. so he couldn't really look at it. gets home and car has like 50lbs of bondo!! a tire just ripped 2 days later, a/c don't work, paint was a mess. my friend u know what happened here. some people don't care they go blind when they see money and just screw other people over in a heartbeat.and to top it off our own prican people . sux man. sorry to hear that. hopefully he will be man enough to atleast return u $300 for a engine.goodluck
            Last edited by JARHEAD293; 10-29-2006, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JDMjunkie
              ask him if he had done any work on the engine, whether he did or a shop, then you can figure out who messed with the timing and then tell him what happened and see if you can work something out
              he did, delta 272 cams, and skunk2 cam gears...

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
              the tensioner nut is a bitch anyways, get it off and fix the 2 teeth and see if it runs better.
              its dead bro, DEAD!

BTW, you can check all the mods and shit, just search him on here...

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

no reason to believe that chicohonda ripped you off $2700.i'm pretty sure he didnt know the tensioner was fucked

as far as the valve seal go, i wouldnt doubt it.My f22b is burning oil like a mofo but compression results come out to 165-70 across the board. there is a pretty good chance some valves made love with the pistons but there is no knowing till you get back on time again.good luck.

ILBB
                People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilikebigbutts
                  no reason to believe that chicohonda ripped you off $2700.i'm pretty sure he didnt know the tensioner was fucked

as far as the valve seal go, i wouldnt doubt it.My f22b is burning oil like a mofo but compression results come out to 165-70 across the board. there is a pretty good chance some valves made love with the pistons but there is no knowing till you get back on time again.good luck.

ILBB
                  tensioner wasnt part of the problem buddy...just pointing it out when we tried to loosen the nut to try and adjust the teeth...ended up doing it another way...

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Simple by an f22a series motor but find one it real decent shape. pluck the f22b and tear it apart, and rebuild it man.

Look for WikkedDV16 aka Carlos or MRX they can surely be of much help.

You can only learn if you try man and I'm sure Chico wasn't hell bent on ripping you off guy.

For a car that had a good amount of work put into it $2,700 is relatively a steal man.

Don't be sour just fix the car.
                    Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Good luck on your repair.
                      Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                      2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                      2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                      2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

SO hows the oil level. But yea get it back in time and see what happens. I dont see why the timing is up two teeth. Just back it up since the skunk 2s are adjustable.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

i saw the car in person guys. don't let the pics fool u. body was really really bad. driver side panel is nothing but bondo,literally the whole panel. might look like a lot of money but a lil engine aint worth $2700.anyways goodluck cb7pr
                          Last edited by JARHEAD293; 10-30-2006, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
                            Simple by an f22a series motor but find one it real decent shape. pluck the f22b and tear it apart, and rebuild it man.

Look for WikkedDV16 aka Carlos or MRX they can surely be of much help.

You can only learn if you try man and I'm sure Chico wasn't hell bent on ripping you off guy.

For a car that had a good amount of work put into it $2,700 is relatively a steal man.

Don't be sour just fix the car.
                            considering i just spent a good amount of my money on a car I expected not to do anything for a while, i think is just a fucking waste of money....a steal? a steal from my ass....sour, thats an understatement, IM FURIOUS...put yourself in my shoes when i just spent my entire sunday on the side of the road trying to get it figured out, and then paying another chunk of money to tow it...BTW, according to the owner, Wikked was the one that did the timing...I'd think twice about that...

learning....I might not know the specifics for an engine swap, but i sure as hell know that for a car being driven for about 4 days total since i bought it, and then getting fucked, there is something wrong with this picture....BTW, the timing might of been one of the problems...trust me, the engine is gone...
                            Last edited by cb7pr; 10-30-2006, 12:17 AM.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Originally posted by cb7pr
                              considering i just spent a good amount of my money on a car I expected not to do anything for a while, i think is just a fucking waste of money....a steal? a steal from my ass....sour, thats an understatement, IM FURIOUS...put yourself in my shoes when i just spent my entire sunday on the side of the road trying to get it figured out, and then paying another chunk of money to tow it...BTW, according to the owner, Wikked was the one that did the timing...I'd think twice about that...

learning....I might not know the specifics for an engine swap, but i sure as hell know that for a car being driven for about 4 days total since i bought it, and then getting fucked, there is something wrong with this picture....BTW, the timing might of been one of the problems...trust me, the engine is gone...
                              if you dont want our help and sympathy then go sell the car or dump it into the ocean.

its like you dont even know what you are getting into...buying an already 18 year old car with a swapped jdm-butt-fucked-motor. cmon man, be realistic here.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X