why my honda is the best car ever made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why my honda is the best car ever made

so among the crazy things happening in my life this was something good that happened to me alst night

so i decided to go to the track in englishtown last night, one to race and two to see the drifting sessions.

so anyways i get there find out its way more money to race and i barely have enough money to get in and my gas lights coming on.

so the ill tlell the lady whats up and shes like oh gosh heres a childs ticket so i ahd gas on the way home

so i watch the drifters and the drag this ek civic ran a 9.8 btw. and i go home

well on the way i got two runs one a talon awd that ran 13.5

i raced him several times on the way home and beat him twice starting in 2nd gear roll at 5k because my vtec would pull when he would shift. he beat me most of the times though

and i ran another ek civic which was slow

so i start to head home and realize

oh shit im lost. big time. its 76 to the englishtown track, and i went south instead of north. so i figure my headings and return the right direction

meanwhile i look at my gas gauge, almost empty

i finally find the main road the englishtown track is off of, route 9 and see my gas light go on

no money

no gas

76 miles away from home

im like oh shit if there is a god let him shine and make my gas last longer than that oil did for the jews or whoever they were.

so i start to head home, 2k shift every gear 45- 50 mph down the freeway all the way home,

i get to new yrok and my gas light is blazing and i pull into a gas station to ask directions when find 80 cents in my pants pocket
    YES lol, so i give the man 80 cents and hes like itll stop when its done and im like ok and i put the gas on and it goes all the way to a dollar and stops. that was nice of him.

so i start to head home the gas light is jsut backlight now and not blazing. thank god, 45 miles and ive still got to get to the tappan zee. finaly 78 miles later im home and my gas light is illumaniting the dash.

i dont think any other car that runs high 14s could EVER do that. thats why i love my honda...
    ]

I'm sure the chip in that thing isn't optimal either... At least not for fuel economy. I just got back from work (340 mile route today) and I'm at a little less than a quarter tank... and I punched it a few times. 30+mpg from a car capable of 14.7 (or less... I KNOW I can run that with some practice) is awesome.

Be careful with running your gas too low though. The fuel pump is cooled by the gas, I believe, since it's in-tank. I usually go down to the light as well, but it's better to keep it up around a quarter tank. In the freezing cold, a half tank or more is better.

Shifting too low can gulp gas too. Keep it between 2k and 3k at part throttle, and cruise with a steady foot (don't fluctuate) and you can get the best mileage possible.

Comment

lol at .80 cents.. man thats broke kfor real...i feel broke when i give him like 3 bucks in quarters when im low on cash

Comment

also running the tank below 1/8 full can stir up any sediment/rust in the tank and pwn your fuel filter lol. this reminds me i need to get my gas light fixed
        Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
        Project 240SX
        Originally posted by chillin943
        anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
        Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

Yeah, that's true also. Hopefully any serious CB7tuner wouldn't get crap gas that would carry sediment, but who knows what the previous owner did! Rust also SHOULDN'T exist, but that does as well...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
            Rust also SHOULDN'T exist, but that does as well...
            you should of seen my cb. shortly after i bought it i realized that someone had smashed into the passanger side rear quarter panel and it was "fixed". except they only painted up to where the pinstriping started so it looked pretty ghetto close up with the pinstriping removed. also, trying to take off my rear bumper one bolt was rusted out and as far as I did get it off I could see a TON of underbody rust where somebody smashed into it. it was seriously the size of a soccerball around. glad i got rid of that car when i did.. rust was starting to peek through everywhere!
            1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

Originally posted by growguy
              you should of seen my cb. shortly after i bought it i realized that someone had smashed into the passanger side rear quarter panel and it was "fixed". except they only painted up to where the pinstriping started so it looked pretty ghetto close up with the pinstriping removed. also, trying to take off my rear bumper one bolt was rusted out and as far as I did get it off I could see a TON of underbody rust where somebody smashed into it. it was seriously the size of a soccerball around. glad i got rid of that car when i did.. rust was starting to peek through everywhere!
              He was talking about rust in the fuel tank.
              1993 Accord LX - Sold
              93 BMW 525it - SOLD
              92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
              2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
              2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
              2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
              2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
              2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by blackice
                also running the tank below 1/8 full can stir up any sediment/rust in the tank and pwn your fuel filter lol. this reminds me i need to get my gas light fixed
                the fuel pump sucks from the bottom of the tank... so if this were true, itd be sucking up all the dirt & rust constantly.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Eh, there could be some sediment out of reach...

MRX pulled his tank and said it was clean as a whistle though.

Regardless, it's no good having it too low!

Comment

Screw it Rust = Weight reduction lol. Usually there is also a screen to help filter it so you dont get crap in your fuel system you dont want. Goes through that and then goes through the fuel filter.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    I piss off people for fun.
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                      the fuel pump sucks from the bottom of the tank... so if this were true, itd be sucking up all the dirt & rust constantly.
                      thats always how iv looked at it.... i dont see how 1/8 of a tank would stir up more "junk" than a full tank.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
                        i dont think any other car that runs high 14s could EVER do that. thats why i love my honda...
                        Well..theres this car that is capable of high 12s out of the box that can pull off 30mpg on the highway with conservative driving..

Gotta love 6spd.
                        To-Do List for Today
                        Be Awesome

Comment

ahh yes and i wouldnt say 35 like i was getting but yeah 6 speed is great i almost had one of those wants but bought my mustang instead (mistake)
                          ]

Comment

Yeah 6spd is the great equalizer when it comes to 4banger/v8 gas mileage disputes.
                            To-Do List for Today
                            Be Awesome

Comment

Dude, as a friend, I can honestly say YOU FUCKIN SUCK, for not getting that SS!!! My neighbor had an SLP Performance SS, that shit was putttin down bout 700. He had to sell it cuz his now ex fiancee needed a vehicle. Talk about an idiot!!
                              She's my 1st love!

Originally posted by CustomLowz via greencb7inkc
                              Hey, Grandma! You want a lumpkin?
                              Oh,here comes one now! What now, BITCH!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X