Fruitless conversations with the wife and with my dad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fruitless conversations with the wife and with my dad

deckeda: "Honey, check this out: a nice, clean '87 Prélude Si 5sp, orig. owner, LOW miles ... I'd be very willing to sell the '94 Accord ... eat ramen noodles, whatever ..."
    Mrs. deckeda: "Not."

(things didn't improve after that.)

deckeda: "Remember, dad, back in '87, the car you were considering but didn't get?"
    deckada's dad: "The Lexus?"
    deckeda: "Um, that was '92."
    deckada's dad: "Well, I remember going to see a Pontiac, or a Cutlass."
    deckeda: "C'mon, that was 1980. I'm talking about 1987, here! I talked you into the Integra, instead?"
    deckada's dad: "Oh, the Honda Prélude?"
    deckada: (sigh) Well, I found a nice one and ...
    deckada's dad: "For who?"
    deckada's dad: "For you, of course. Sell the '98 CR-V and ..."
    deckada's dad: "Nooooo. I don't need a Prélude ..."

I've totally lost my touch.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Why don't you buy it yourself? It can't be that much.
    "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

Money's only part of the issue but you're right, it isn't a very expensive car. Just bad timing.

Comment

Damn, wish I had an 87 Prelude Si. It's always been my fav. gen of prelude as far as looks go.
        Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
        D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
        ┴─┴
        ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Originally posted by Masamune
          Damn, wish I had an 87 Prelude Si. It's always been my fav. gen of prelude as far as looks go.

They look ok to me but i would not classify them as the best looking ludes

1993 Accord LX - Sold
          93 BMW 525it - SOLD
          92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
          2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
          2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
          2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
          2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
          2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

lol why would he go from a 98 cr-v with everything working and basically maintenance free (assuming) to an 87 lude he might have to fix up here and there lol.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

thats some funny shit deckeda.....lost my touch lol

on point tho, damn that sucks.....so your wifey doesnt want you to get it so you tried to get your dad to buy it? That kind of confused me.....

either way that model is deff on the top 3 list of the ludes....i love the si's!

Comment

crazy.. i was walking back to my car just the other day and I saw a red prelude si. It had some fogs up front if I'm not mistaken. Really nice car;

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                  lol why would he go from a 98 cr-v with everything working and basically maintenance free (assuming) to an 87 lude he might have to fix up here and there lol.
                  Yeah, I know. But then again the CR-V has 130,xxx miles and the Lude has half that. That's a bet I'd take.

Doesn't matter, it was just an idea. There will always be another 2G Si with low miles ... any day now. They grow on trees after all.

Originally posted by Ralphie
                  thats some funny shit deckeda.....lost my touch lol
                  Several years ago I had the touch. I introduced my folks to the Integra in '87 --- they'd never heard of it. One of their favorite cars ever. Mom always said it had great seats. They bought a new Maxima SE 5sp with leather in '92 partly at my recommendation. Dad had his heart really set on the all-new ES300, which in retrospect he should have bought instead, and would have if it weren't like $5K more. Back then you could also order it in a 5sp.

And then they moved away and so did I and they started getting CR-Vs. On their own! Imagine!

Comment

4WS? Anyone? I would fucking kill to have Four Wheel Steering. That is the sickest shit ever.
                    Why? Because... Life Happens @ 4500 RPM

Frost White CB7 Member 31

Comment

ummm, why?

personally, only thing id get that was 80 is a toyota pickup
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                        personally, only thing id get that was 80 is a toyota pickup
                        you have to be joking wes. so you don't like the old school corolla, 300zx, supra, 240sx...

Comment

seriously, the 80's were the years of the great Japanese supercars. I mean, seriously... the 300zx had a speed adaptive suspension system---the prelude had 4WS---the accord had variable assist steering. These cars, and many other were years ahead of their time.
                          Why? Because... Life Happens @ 4500 RPM

Frost White CB7 Member 31

Comment

The 3rd gen Prelude was kinda cool... though the performance potential and aftermarket aren't very strong... only slightly better than that of the 3rd gen Accord.

I love the 1st generation Prelude myself. Something about it is just cool...

There are a TON of cars from the 80s that I would love. The CB7 really got me into the boxier style of the older cars. People think of those cars as crap because you see them in such bad shape these days. When you see a car that SHOULD be rusted to hell, that is rust free and in great condition, you can't help but be impressed!

Comment

Originally posted by minoreparations
                              you have to be joking wes. so you don't like the old school corolla, 300zx, supra, 240sx...
                              great cars but the majority of ones out there are beaters.

im all for fixing cars but something can get too old to fix.

last gen supra FTW!
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X