re-did the rims and calipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re-did the rims and calipers

Well my rims took a beating over winter, so i decided to redo them and add some more clearcoat this time. And also i sprayed my calipers black, which i'll admit, look alot better

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
    www.maketradefair.com

black calipers rock. i want to do that to my 300zx

looks good!

have u ever painted ur calipers before and when u changed the brakes got brake fluid on it and the paint came off?
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

looks great man

yep, my rims also took their one and only beating this last winter...road salt and rock debris 0wned them

did you just use aircraft stripper to remove the paint? What was the easiest/ cleanest method?

and what kind of paint did you use for your calipers? Looks nice man

also a little OT, but if I paint my calipers, what color do you guys think would match my car? black or red? I think black might not look good on my car and red would kinda match my taillights a bit...not sure though

thx

My members ride thread

Comment

Lookin good! I jusy painted my cali's black before I put my Motegi's back on.

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

ew the only color for a oem caliper should be black. Red etc look cheap

www.maketradefair.com

Comment

those rims look like euro accord rims
            may I know the color code on the spray paint?

Comment

red caliper is cool IMO
              black looks tight too

Comment

its specific spray paint for rims sold at autozone. Its called Graphite.

www.maketradefair.com

Comment

so what did you use to strip the existing paint off the rim?

My members ride thread

Comment

oops sorry man i forgot to answer your question!
                    Well believe it or not the rims were so beat, there wasn't much coating left. So i took a 600grade sand paper and sanded it all down until it was all smooth...there was still some gun metal left.

www.maketradefair.com

Comment

Originally posted by 97Lude
                      its specific spray paint for rims sold at autozone. Its called Graphite.
                      cool thx, I am gonna get that color for my future wheels

Comment

looks great man,i might do that to my calipers soon.mine are all rusty.i will probably use gloss black.good job man.

Comment

those rims look great...how long did the process take you and how much paint did you use at the end?

Comment

Working...
                          X