Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I find pics of USDM and JDM 6th gens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sort of depends what you want.

The V6's were all auto, but that manual tranny is not nearly as rare as everyone wants to pretend. The current 6 speed bolted onto the Jseries is identical, although they don't all have the LSD.

Also, the swap is apparently just as straightforward as an H22 swap. Various mounts, shift assembly swap, ECU change. I am sure there may be other minor little things, but nothing terribly difficult.

For the price of a Type S, you could have a J32 Type-S and manual transmission to bolt into the car.

And the J32 will sound WAAAAAAAY better, have better low RPM response and will probably bury a Type-S, especially if it isn't completely stock.

Not to mention that god forbid you still want more power, an easy 50-60 WHP is only a phone call away to Comptech.

With the regular J30 that comes in them, 200WHP or very close, is bolt ons away, WITH the auto tranny. They put down about 150-160 WHP stock.

They are heavier, but with such features as Leather, power seats, moonroof, 6 disc CD changer, automatic climate control etc, they are also a lot nicer.

Besides, weight specs aside, I haven't driven a CG four cylinder yet that was very impressive in terms of power. They only have slightly more torque than the CD and 5 more HP.

The V6 wasn't that fast stock (it does much better at highway speeds) but it has a lot of potential.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

200whp is cakewalk for any 3 liter motor worth spit. That's only about 234 crank HP.

But the V6 is out of my reach anyway. I know this will sound lame but my dad won't help me get one if it's a V6, and I really need a car until the end of the year. Unless the V6 is a direct swap into the 4cyl chassis (i.e. just simple stuff like swapping crossmembers, etc.) I can get jiggy with it down the line.

But I also like the lightness of a 4-cyl car. I'd have to really flog a V6 but my past experiences with V6 FWD cars have not been great. I don't like cars that have a heavy feel. According to autotrader.com, there's only about 50-100# weight difference between the 4cyl Accords and BB6 Preludes. I figure with an H it shouldn't be too much more heavier or different in feel from an H-swapped CB7 EX or CD. The V6 has a lot of potential but I'm just biased towards 4-cyls in Accords.

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
        200whp is cakewalk for any 3 liter motor worth spit. That's only about 234 crank HP.

But the V6 is out of my reach anyway. I know this will sound lame but my dad won't help me get one if it's a V6, and I really need a car until the end of the year. Unless the V6 is a direct swap into the 4cyl chassis (i.e. just simple stuff like swapping crossmembers, etc.) I can get jiggy with it down the line.

But I also like the lightness of a 4-cyl car. I'd have to really flog a V6 but my past experiences with V6 FWD cars have not been great. I don't like cars that have a heavy feel. According to autotrader.com, there's only about 50-100# weight difference between the 4cyl Accords and BB6 Preludes. I figure with an H it shouldn't be too much more heavier or different in feel from an H-swapped CB7 EX or CD. The V6 has a lot of potential but I'm just biased towards 4-cyls in Accords.
        There is a LARGE difference in terms of responsiveness from a CB to a CG. The CG by design is more isolated and less responsive. I have driven both, and you can take my word or not.

That isn't to say a CG can't get up and go, but it won't feel as responsive in the process. It will feel more luxurious though.

I am not trying to say that they aren't still enjoyable to drive, but there is more to it than just weight.

And yes 200 WHP is a cakewalk for any 3.0 worth a damn, but it is a much longer bridge in a four banger. Maybe not for the Type-S, but those aren't exactly dirt cheap either...

The V6 swap looks to be VERY straightfoward into the FWD chassis. All of the chassis hardpoints are already there. The crossmembers have accomodations for both drivetrains, although there may be some welding on the frame rails. Don't know, as I have only poked around a four banger, not actually swapped it.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

How come your dad doesn't want you to get the BB6? He thinks it's too "sporty"? I say get whatever you want and don't compromise, or else you'll just end up regretting it. Have you considered 5th gen accords? Then again, they do share a lot with the cb so it wouldn't really "feel" like a different car right?

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
            How come your dad doesn't want you to get the BB6? He thinks it's too "sporty"? I say get whatever you want and don't compromise, or else you'll just end up regretting it. Have you considered 5th gen accords? Then again, they do share a lot with the cb so it wouldn't really "feel" like a different car right?
            You know, I don't even know. I'm sure the insurance for the BB6 will be out of this world for me and I only drive my car to a train station and back home, so it wouldn't be worth it this year anyway. I think what did it was my MOM blurting out that I mentioned wanting a Bimmer coupe FIRST. He heard that, got up and walked off (not really, but figuratively).

I really like BB6s though. They're small but not Civicy and they already have the H22. Good cars.

But...6th gen sedans aren't too shabby either. Truthfully I hope I don't have it long enough to save up for a swap. I'll just slam it and do it up for looks.

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
            X