R.I.P. my CB7...my bearings went right round like a record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R.I.P. my CB7...my bearings went right round like a record

After a few rousing games of bowling with my dearest coworkers and some rounds of Milauakee's finest, I came back to my parents house (sobered up) only to be sent back out almost immediately to get my dad some food at 10 PM. Bleh fair enough. I fire up my 1HG and head to the kebab shop, which is closing, to pick up his food and hopefully come home to sleep.

As I'm making haste I notice some slight hesitation. I think nothing of it and continue. As I round a familiar bend my car begins to make some strange noises and the engine comes to a halt. Strange, this has never happened before...I attempt to crank it back to life only to be faced with more grinding.

Something has been starved of oil. Yes.

I push the car to the nearest corner and flag down a CD occupied by some accomodating Puerto Ricans who allow me usage of their phone, as I didn't take mine. After begging them to give them some money for their hospitality, I wait for my mom (who I wasn't even sure was coming or knew where to find me), who never came, and walk to the nearest open facility with a phone, the local Waldbaums. I call again to inform my parents that I've decided to walk home.

To those who say 'bleh it's probably his fault' you're probably right. I JUST changed the oil this weekend, and I am 99% sure everything was tightened to spec. I checked the dipstick before I left and it was covered in processed dinosaur juice...clean enough that as I type now there is no dirt on my hands.

It's funny. Just earlier today I was talking about selling my car to move into a place, as it made no sense to pay $300 a month to drive to a train station 2 miles from my house. I doubt AIG will cover my losses, but at least that bill is gone, and I'll be able to recoup through the fun, long process of the part out. With the suspension, exhaust and audio alone I should be good for about $700-800 within the coming months.

Anyhoo...to say the least...it's been real and I've met a lot of cool people on here. I'm taking a break from the car game in general...I see this as a good opportunity to reflect and see what life is like w/o wheels. I dunno what I'm getting or when I'll get it, but OT is too much of a lifesaver at work to ditch, so I'll be around.

Last edited by gloryaccordy; 10-17-2006, 11:20 PM.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Why not just get a donor motor...I mean its not like you wrecked the car.
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

danm and i was about to buy that car lol! nah jk that really sucks man one time i put a oil filter back on but the other o ring was still on the block and i put the new one on and it had 2 orings and it was spraying oil everywhere but i caught it. usually im pretty good at that but danm bro, you should keep it and we will put my h23 in it.
      ]

Comment

Hell if someone wants the shell be my guest. This car is begging for a swap now. But I'm not the one.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

is it five speed....

i need the parts if u wanna tke em off

"Tucking tires and wires."
          The Chronicles.

Comment

This is Sad , one accord with one motor down and you GIVE UP ! OUCH im dissapointed in your lack of loyalty to the CB7 , your right maybe it shouldnt be you , someone else will appreciate this ride a hell of alot more , sorry about your loss but damn man your takin it without love for your ride , sad well dont want to make anyone mad just always lookin to save another CB wish i had the loot id buy another one ,

-Noxidea-
            -Sean-
            Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
              Hell if someone wants the shell be my guest. This car is begging for a swap now. But I'm not the one.
              why not? This wrecked engine is calling for replacement.

Comment

I told you when you least expected it it would happen right now do you believe me. As soon as you though about moving up the car saw that you ignored it and problems began to build up with you changing shit when i said just save for a swap and look what happened yaw. Now its time for you to bring it back to live and get a h22 swap get it now you know this is the time bro

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                  I told you when you least expected it it would happen right now do you believe me. As soon as you though about moving up the car saw that you ignored it and problems began to build up with you changing shit when i said just save for a swap and look what happened yaw. Now its time for you to bring it back to live and get a h22 swap get it now you know this is the time bro
                  Ignore it? I just did the balljoints, tie rod ends, and I changed the oil not even 4 days ago. If anything I've been taking charge of all the problems left on it. In any case it's over over, no more insurance, no more repair worries. I feel bad but I'm kinda glad it's over...

Comment

Ignore it? I just did the balljoints, tie rod ends, and I changed the oil not even 4 days ago. If anything I've been taking charge of all the problems left on it. In any case it's over over, no more insurance, no more repair worries. I feel bad but I'm kinda glad it's over...
                    nah its not over its just the begining you always cried abut more power nows your chance. Did you change your oil by yourself or did you have someone change it.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                      nah its not over its just the begining you always cried abut more power nows your chance. Did you change your oil by yourself or did you have someone change it.
                      I changed it myself. I still have the empty oil bottles and filter in my garage. I tightened the drain bolt and filter tight, I remember clear as day. And I'm done man, AIG will tow my car home and I'll decide what I'll do with it from there. There's no way I'm swapping anything into this car, we've reached the end of our time together.

Comment

I changed it myself. I still have the empty oil bottles and filter in my garage. I tightened the drain bolt and filter tight, I remember clear as day. And I'm done man, AIG will tow my car home and I'll decide what I'll do with it from there. There's no way I'm swapping anything into this car, we've reached the end of our time together.
                        comon dont be a fool just swap the engine out with a h22

Comment

how much for the shell?
                          HSHO #3

Comment

Dammit... now I'm conflicted... Get Jason back into the CB7 world, or get Yaw H22'd...

Seriously, now is the time to drop in an H22. You'll love it, trust me. Forget the F22 tuning. Just drop in the H22 and be happy. It'll hold you over until you can afford to build it... Hell, if you're still hellbent on building an F22, do that while you run the H... then sell the H22 when you drop in the built F.

Comment

hahahaha, glory thank god.

First me, then you.

That sucks. Thank god I got my coupe going

Comment

Working...
                              X