So I test drove a Maxima today, and...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I test drove a Maxima today, and...

...I'm pretty disappointed. It doesn't feel much faster than my CB in 1st & 2nd...by 3rd it starts to boogie a bit, but I couldn't go too crazy on public streets. And even with an aftermarket suspension the chassis feels a little sloppy in simple lane change maneuvers...

I just dropped $300 to fix my lower ball joints, and I'm gonna get a new tranny next month. I'm still looking to sell...but if I'm continually disappointed...the pressure to sell will decrease exponentially. I'm so pissed.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

what ever happened to the 5th gen prelude ;P?
    Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
    Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

Comment

Originally posted by kmart64
      what ever happened to the 5th gen prelude ;P?
      Pricey...+insurance...plus since they're Hondas, a lot of them are already riced out...

I'm still considering them though...

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

3rd gen supra???
        acura legend?
        lexus ls 400?

Comment

Originally posted by sackingz123
          3rd gen supra???
          acura legend?
          lexus ls 400?
          Too heavy.
          Too big.
          Too automatic.

Comment

What year was the Maxima?

Comment

stop driving period and take the bus.

Comment

Originally posted by k-mart
                stop driving period and take the bus.
                nice

Comment

Yaw, just fix that beast and quitcherbitchin!

I've been looking for another car... I came close to buying a TDI until I drove one... $10,000 for a car with less guts than my wife's Civic isn't fun, even if it would get 40mpg.

You know what I'm probably buying? Another CB7. I drove to VA to get one Thursday, but the guy didn't have the motor installed (shame, because it was a beauty of a motor!). I'm looking to get another one locally.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                    ...I'm pretty disappointed. It doesn't feel much faster than my CB in 1st & 2nd...by 3rd it starts to boogie a bit, but I couldn't go too crazy on public streets. And even with an aftermarket suspension the chassis feels a little sloppy in simple lane change maneuvers...

I just dropped $300 to fix my lower ball joints, and I'm gonna get a new tranny next month. I'm still looking to sell...but if I'm continually disappointed...the pressure to sell will decrease exponentially. I'm so pissed.
                    Dude, did you really spend $300 for the lower balljoint? Is it for both of them? Howcome it is so expensive, did you change it yourself?

Comment

I paid $200 shipped for my upper control arms and upper ball joints (as well as new anchor bolts), tie rod ends, sway bar bushings, and lower ball joints. I haven't installed the tie rod ends or ball joints yet though (I figure that's where your expenses come from, eh?)

Comment

Integra!
                        Magnaflow exhaust for cb7's for sale

Comment

Originally posted by Accordpwnz0r
                          Integra!
                          The LBJs are pressed into the knuckle, so one way or another, unless you work in a shop at the least you have to pay to get them pressed out. I could have removed the knuckles myself and only payed $200, but for me not having to undo the axles and deal with 2 heavy ass knuckles was worth the extra $100.

The Maxima was a '97 SE w/a Canadian LSD tranny. Fully modded for about 6K...not too bad, but eh...the powerband was a lot like my CB before I did the mani swap. Nice kick in the middle, dead on top. Even though my car now is slower it's def. more fun to drive. They have a mani swap too but that's too much work.

Deev...all that's left for me now is an A/C recharge and changing the tranny. I'll cut you a nice deal; I want to move on. I think if you drove it you'd enjoy it...and again, I'd let it go to you for cheap...it would make an above avg. beater. LMK!

Comment

Acura NSX
                            uh... if by overboosted you mean "right the fuck on" then, sure, it is.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy

What exactly is your price range?

I don't think it should be too hard to find a stock 5th gen Prelude. I hardly see any modded ones out here.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                              X