dont ya hate it when....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dont ya hate it when....

the shop you take your car too keeps pushing back the day you get it back by a day. well its friday now, so the day i get my car back will be monday which sucks i was really looking forward to hitting vtec this weekend. but im paying for a quality install so im kind of okay with it, just kind of aggrevating

My Members Ride Thread
    Originally posted by deevergote
    You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Originally posted by mcdizzle
    the shop you take your car too keeps pushing back the day you get it back by a day. well its friday now, so the day i get my car back will be monday which sucks i was really looking forward to hitting vtec this weekend. but im paying for a quality install so im kind of okay with it, just kind of aggrevating
    Thats why I do my own work.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdizzle

What shop is doing it?

Comment

Originally posted by CA1978
        What shop is doing it?
        autolab. they're always really busy so i can understand a little bit. they were tuning two cars when i stopped by to see what was up. and they had a car on all 3 lifts with only 2 guys working. the engine itself is in the car, they just gotta finish running the wiring.

custom- i would have loved to have done it myself, but being in skool it would have been forever for me to get it in the car. plus not having all the proper tools, engine hoist and all that stuff kind of makes it diffcult as well.

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Are they just doing the install and you provided the motor or do they do it all?

Comment

he provided the parts. damn dude that sux. i gte my crank, rods, and pistons back the first of the week also. so im hoping to have mine done within the week sometime. i hate to hear that its going to be till monday. i was hoping youd be able to go chill with us this weekend. if u wanna u can ride with jeremy or sombody.

Comment

All these local H22's damn I feel left out. What do the charge for the swap?

Comment

if you want them to get the motor for you and install it its around 3500 for everything. but they get the full swap(motor, trans, ecu, and other little things).
                i got a long block from HMO and took it to them. they did the h23 manula tensioner conversion and a new timing belt for me. they also realigned my clutch for me(im a newb to clutches). its gonna come out to right around 1400 bux for the parts/labor for me. and i also had a usdm trans as well, but ill prolly be looking for a newer lude trans next summer.

autolab is the only place i trust with my car other than the little shop thats around the corner from my house. even though its taking a little longer then i expected its fine. i think this is the first time theyve swapped a h22 into an accord. but they know what they're doing. they're reputation is very high and i know plenty of people who have taken their car to them to have stuff done. they'll also be doing my headwork for me wen i get the money for my valve train and cams.

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

At least it's getting done right. It would suck if you paid for a crap job, but they sound good. Hope you get her back soon.
                  Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

wow, you got ripped off. I charge around 300-400 for labor. all you need is a hoist, jacks, deep socket set, ratchet and a breaker bar or a custom breaker bar.

it also shouldnt take more than 8 hours to do what they did. a normal swap should only take around 4 hours, 1.5 to take it out and 2.5 to put it in. especially since they have air tools.

when i did my first swap, it took about 6 hours with air tools. we also bs'd around, ALOT, i went to the store a few times. it was prolly more like 4 hours really.

doing the wiring for vtec shouldnt take even 15 minutes.

i was also a college student at the time.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                      wow, you got ripped off. I charge around 300-400 for labor. all you need is a hoist, jacks, deep socket set, ratchet and a breaker bar or a custom breaker bar.

it also shouldnt take more than 8 hours to do what they did. a normal swap should only take around 4 hours, 1.5 to take it out and 2.5 to put it in. especially since they have air tools.

when i did my first swap, it took about 6 hours with air tools. we also bs'd around, ALOT, i went to the store a few times. it was prolly more like 4 hours really.

doing the wiring for vtec shouldnt take even 15 minutes.

i was also a college student at the time.
                      thats understandable, but they have 2 people in the shop at all times. working on 2-5 cars. so it takes time. and wen i took my car to them there were 6 cars in the shop in front of me. along with a dsm that would go in the same time as mine. and we all know how dsm's are around jackstands....

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

hahaha yea. i understand on the time part, but i still think you got ripped off, alot.

hell, juans(phatdoughnut) dad can take out an engine in like 30 minutes by himself.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Let me know when you get it done I would like to see it.

Comment

ill have pics up on monday wen i get it back. and im also having a meet here in louisville on the 22nd of october, check out my thread in the midwest section.

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X