Drove a Civic a Few Days ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drove a Civic a Few Days ago

Yea, I know they are light, but I don't like the fact that steering is so easy. I like how Accords and Preludes have a little bit of resistance when you turn so you can get a better feel of the road...also, everywhere you go, there is always a civic....what do you dislike about it?
    Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
    Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

The only civics ive ever driven did not have power steering....So there was more resistance on the steering then my power steering accord.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

I have both a civ & an acc. the civic I have is very bouncy. when I hit a bump in the road it feels like the rear is gunna come off the ground. the steering is very quick but not too quick for me. it feels like theres more interior space then my CB7. the trunk is too tiny. the engine bay has lots of room, but thats cuz of the tiny engine. I like how it can reach 100 MPH quicker than my CB7.

my 2 cents

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

i remember i raced a cb7 accord 93 ex with exhaust and loud whatever maybe one of you people on here with my 99 civic ex STOCK. stayed with me head to head until i hit 4th then im on my way . I love only the 99-00 civic EX and SI, but i have a 93 ex coupe ... driving my cb and my civic they feel the same but even when stock the civic has better handling in my opinion. my cb handling feels like i don't have control over the road at times. this is no suspension mods or anything only a stut bar =)... my 3 cents
        either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

I kinda understand what you mean about the steering thing. That's one of the first things I noticed after I got rid of my CB and started driving my Civic.

Comment

do we REALLY need another accord elitist thread?

EDIT:

LOL @
            Last edited by Accord R33; 09-28-2006, 06:52 PM.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
              lol, I'm not doggin on the civic...I like it, especially the look of the si's...just that when I drove some of them, steering is really easy. Its just the most annoyint thing is the steering. It seems way too easy to turn the steering wheel for some reason. Maybe because of the weight
              Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
              Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33

LOL! Don't be mad.

We have to try an balance all of the Civic elitists' threads in the world.

Honestly, they both have their ups and downs.

I liked my EG hatch because it got 37MPG city while flogging it.

I didn't like it because it was so small, everyone in their big damn trucks around here tried to push it out of the way.

I liked it because it was maneuverable and easy to drive.

I liked it because it ran a 15.9 with 18's and an RS*R header with an otherwise stock D16Y7 and S40 transmission.

I didn't like it because it wasn't as roomy, and didn't feel as substantial on the road.

I like my EF because with the B18 and GSR cable tranny, I can make traction an issue in 4th gear if I really want to.

There are ups and downs to both.
                The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

i plan on owning a civic..just because i am sick of not having a car with an aftermarket....its the worst...and i like the way civics look....great building blocks...

Comment

Originally posted by 501accord
                    i plan on owning a civic..just because i am sick of not having a car with an aftermarket....its the worst...and i like the way civics look....great building blocks...
                    Accords have crazy aftermarkets, what you talkin bout Willis???

I'm not cool enough to have friends who would let me flog their Civics...wait...LUIS...

Originally posted by lordoja
                    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i hate when i drive cars with light steering.Every dodge i've driven including the magnums and chargers have the lightest steering ever.it absolutly takes all the joy of driving them cars.Well when the HEMI nails you to the seat...well thats nice.

ILBB
                      People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                      The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilikebigbutts
                        i hate when i drive cars with light steering.Every dodge i've driven including the magnums and chargers have the lightest steering ever.it absolutly takes all the joy of driving them cars.Well when the HEMI nails you to the seat...well thats nice.

ILBB
                        My parents' cars have super light steering...but my dad's car feels heavy when you try to turn it quickly. I hate both their cars, even w/ 340HP (in my dad's M45)...

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                          My parents' cars have super light steering...but my dad's car feels heavy when you try to turn it quickly. I hate both their cars, even w/ 340HP (in my dad's M45)...
                          it may be heavy but once that shit picks up speed i was like daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn that shit has its own vtec with the navigation shit and hw much gas you got left at first when i saw it i was like what kinda car is it lol.

Oh back to topic well most of the time civics are not so great it depends on the setup as far as the steering bit and wheel size and width of the tires . But all in all i still love my cb7 than most of the cars out there. I keep hearing oh this car is old it should have been sold already when that same person whos talkin to me has a shitload of car problems mostly my parents and such people off the street and at the streetraces.

When i show them what a cb7 can do they are in shock on how fast it is. I have my reasons why too. When i had my eg hatch ehhhh not enough room for me sure the aftermarket parts where there no dropping of the trunk just to change the pump it sat there steering wasnt bad pushing the car with no engine felt aight into the yard. Felicias life at the back while towing that car with her car and her almost ehhh near death made me realize thats not the car for me and theres no leg and back room and the danger if i was to have an accident kinda got me shook on it so no good it had to go.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                            Accords have crazy aftermarkets, what you talkin bout Willis???

I'm not cool enough to have friends who would let me flog their Civics...wait...LUIS...
                            i know that, i dont have an accord. i used to, but my dad sold it..... im talking about my 87 200sx. you cant even find an exhaust....

Comment

Working...
                            X