Crank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crank

Looking forward to the upcoming Jason Statham flick CRANK. This dude is a pretty cool actor with some slick moves too.. He's kind of a cross between a martial artist and a brawler.

Pretty slick whip he's sportin around too..

Isn't this a Buick Riviera? I love these cars..

My Cardomain

Current Score: Cops - IV Me - V
    Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
    Simulation Racing Thread i.e. PC, PS2 & XBOX

Lets not forget that Amy Smart is pretty friggin hot, too.
    To-Do List for Today
    Be Awesome

Comment

i think if they made a HITMAN movie, he'd be perfect for the part.
      i just beat blood money..........i love wacking ppl.

Comment

looks pimp

SOLD!

Comment

Originally posted by sulimed
          i think if they made a HITMAN movie, he'd be perfect for the part.
          i just beat blood money..........i love wacking ppl.

My Cardomain

Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."

Comment

Looks like a 1972 Riviera...the boat tail. I haven't seen one of those in a long long time.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
              Looks like a 1972 Riviera...the boat tail. I haven't seen one of those in a long long time.
              Don't think it's the Boattail, you can kinda tell by the window. But I always thought the Boattail was an awesome candidate for a cruiser.

My Cardomain

Comment

I'm positive its a 71-73.

You can't see the rear glass in the top picture, as the back bulk head tapers severely, much like the 63-67 Corvette.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                  I'm positive its a 71-73.

You can't see the rear glass in the top picture, as the back bulk head tapers severely, much like the 63-67 Corvette.
                  But I don't think it's the "Boattail" model. You should be able to see the curves in the rear glass which I can't see in the screen cap of the movie. See the more rounded rear end on the one in my pics?

The Crank car looks like the Buick Riviera GS.

See the difference in the rear? Even the front is different and the Crank car more resembles the GS model.

Last edited by akrodha; 08-30-2006, 09:54 AM.

My Cardomain

Comment

I do see what you're saying. But I think it could also be the angle of the picture. It was always my impression all 71-73 models were the "Boat Tail" models.

I just found this site here http://www.buick-riviera.com/ which claims 1973 had a less pronounced tail than the 71-72 models (due to new crash regulations), which was also the reason the 1973 Corvette didn't have a chrome front bumper.

They're claiming the Crank car to be a 1972?

EDIT: I apologize if I'm coming across cocky in any way...for what its worth I didn't realize that the 71-73 models looked like the 72. My dad was always a fan of them and he used to refer to the 72 as the "boat tail" which I didn't really understand why until I came across one with a description of why online.

Comment

Cocky? Are you kidding dude? I'm not one of these politically correct idiots that wears my precious tender emotions on their sleeve. I love a good debate be I'm right or wrong, in this case I appear to be wrong. It just looks like there's a Riviera GS out there that didn't don the boat tail look.

Never appologize for stating your opinion/view on anything.

But after reasearching on MuscleCarWeb 71-73 looks to all be boat tails.

At any rate, I've always thought they were sleeper cars with potential. I generally go for that type car cause everyone has a Chevelle, Camaro, Impala or a 32 Street Rod. That's the reason I went with my Galaxie for my project.
                      Last edited by akrodha; 08-30-2006, 02:59 PM.

My Cardomain

Comment

Originally posted by akrodha
                        Cocky? Are you kidding dude? I'm not one of these politically correct idiots that wears my precious tender emotions on their sleeve. I love a good debate be I'm right or wrong, in this case I appear to be wrong. It just looks like there's a Riviera GS out there that didn't don the boat tail look.

Never appologize for stating your opinion/view on anything.

But after reasearching on MuscleCarWeb 71-73 looks to all be boat tails.

At any rate, I've always thought they were sleeper cars with potential. I generally go for that type car cause everyone has a Chevelle, Camaro, Impala or a 32 Street Rod. That's the reason I went with my Galaxie for my project.
                        No doubt, I'm sure there's probably a sports model around that appears different. My Buick knowledge isn't what it used to be.

I will definitely be watching your project build, as even though I'm doing import thing right now, I'm definitely gonna have a muscle car at some point in my life. Probably once I get that one fast import, I'll be over it.

Right now I'm teetering towards the ever popular 70-72 Malibu/Chevelle crowd. I actually kinda have this urge to do a sedan, but I'll probably end up with a coupe. Of course I have to get out of the blower happy mindset, since then I can't drive it on the street. (My inner Mad Max comes out). I'm just staying away from the true SS cars. As much as I love the real deals, they're SO pricey now, and if you do anything but make them original, people cringe, and I couldn't do that to one of those. Though a 502 into an SS clone with an 8-71 sticking out of the hood wouldn't be a bad deal.

If I was going to build a cruiser, I'd look into the 73-77 Cutlass Supreme. My cousin had a one owner 73 with 34K miles, Landau roof and everything. With a pair of glasspaks and raised white letter tires on the stock rally wheels, that thing was beautiful.

Comment

On topic...Jason statham is a great actor, I can't wait to see this movie, and i wanna see the movie with dane cook in it
                          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Just got back from the theater. Im going to be vaugely honest. I thought it was going to be stupid when i saw the begining. It jumps RIGHT into action. he wakes up, find a DVD-R titled FUCK YOU and realizes he's been poisined(sp?)

so he basically spends the movie trying to keep his adrenaline up, and once his doctor tells him there is no way he is going to survive the day, he goes out to get the mexican dude who killed him. I say mexican dude because the mexican mafia is involved with the movie, which is an element i havent seen in a very very long time. hot latina chicks FTW lol

over all it was a good movie, the begining kinda let me drift, but once the story kicked in, it was great. LOL he takes ephadamine and he has a raging hard on, its the funniest shit in the world.

any one else seen it?

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                            Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                            NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
                              any one else seen it?
                              Well, you just basically told me the whole movie.

So imma go out on a limb here and say that yeah, i have seen it.

Comment

Working...
                              X