Whats the farthest...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the farthest...?

That you have driven in your Accord? Im going to be making a long distance road trip in a couple of months and I'm just wondering how far anyone has gone in one of our cars. I'm getting my car prepared, all belts and fluids flushed and changed and so on. It is slightly modified so im hoping to ride there isn't HORRIBLE...but thanks in advance guys. And i will be going from Portland OR to GreenBay WI, with a quick stop in Illinois, altogether it will be a little over a 3500-4000 mile trip. Within a 2 week span too...
    JDB garage

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=seattle

click on this link ^^

Comment

So bring it back....Drove 50 miles one-way, then back(=100 miles) then made same trip about a week later. WAS gonna drive the CB to Arizona, but theres no way im making that trip with all these probs.

If you make a good 3 hour trip, then come back + what you drive around locally, i bet it racks up pretty quick

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Haha man 93EX your mad crazy, i give you props just for doing that, but was there anything you did to prepare for the trip? i just got my "recaro SRD" copies and they don't feel all that comfortable so im just debating wheter to roll down there in them or not. Gettin my engine rebuilt soon (because i don't think its worth the money to swap to a H22 auto, and no money for a 5 speed swap PLUS H22), and getting all the little things fixed here and there.
        JDB garage

Comment

I drove mine 400 miles right after I bought it to get home. It is running fine right now, and I would not hesitate to drive it 400 miles again, maybe further. In fact I would like to take a long road trip in mine.
          Gary A.K.A. Carter
          [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

I drove my car from MA to Montreal Canada. IT was sweet.

Also from MA to PA.

Comment

i drove mine from washington to mexico and back.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by fookmehonda
                Haha man 93EX your mad crazy, i give you props just for doing that, but was there anything you did to prepare for the trip? i just got my "recaro SRD" copies and they don't feel all that comfortable so im just debating wheter to roll down there in them or not. Gettin my engine rebuilt soon (because i don't think its worth the money to swap to a H22 auto, and no money for a 5 speed swap PLUS H22), and getting all the little things fixed here and there.
                well @ the time i just let firestone prep it..i said i wanted to go cross country you guys do your thing....i let them handle it and paid for whatever they did

the way i would prep the trip would be

1) oil change
                2) coolant flush / change
                3) make sure your tires can take the trip .. bring a spare
                4) make sure your jack is functionanl
                5) get AAA just in case
                6) brake pads
                7) change windshield wipers..!!! you will run into inclimate weather
                8) emergency kit....

as far as your racing seats i dont know what to tell you...even if you had pillows under your ass the trip i made your ass is still gonna get uncomfortable

it was a fun ass trip..i got tired of driving some stretches and cut days short... if you can bring someone to drive with you that would make things 10x easier

Comment

yeah, it's always safer and a lot more fun when you roll with someone... but good luck with your trip... and good advise is to not push yourself so much... if you get tired, just pull off man.... it's not worth getting into an accident over wanting to keep going... especially on those straight, long, dry roads... if your eyes start getting heavy there's only so long before they shut on their own..... happy road tripping!!!
                  R.I.P.

AzN VtEc PoWeR (6:38:35 PM): im gonna go shit in someones cereal

Comment

3500 mlies?! are you doing a zig zag or something? i just killed my Boston, ma to Bozeman, MT yearly drive for the first half of my 4th round trip. thats 2635 miles, about 150 of which were out of my way to visit people (oh yeah, 35-36mpg, and two 1000 mile days.. man those blow )
                    dirty accord->
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...threadid=13407
                    crappy website

Comment

Just make sure you're caught up on all your maintenance...fresh fluids all the way around (oil, transmission, coolant, brake) timing belt, tires, etc.
                      00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

id re-check the laternator and maybe the plugs and wires to see what condition those are in.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by b33rnut010
                          3500 mlies?! are you doing a zig zag or something? i just killed my Boston, ma to Bozeman, MT yearly drive for the first half of my 4th round trip. thats 2635 miles, about 150 of which were out of my way to visit people (oh yeah, 35-36mpg, and two 1000 mile days.. man those blow )

Haha yea i have tons of places to be in Wisconsin. But the way it seems right now it will probably only be me driving because my brother is getting married soon. But im going to have the car rebuilt this week, and all belts changed. Maybe install my koyo radiator and flex lite fan. Thanks for the comments and suggestions guys. Just awaiting my new rims to buy some tires and camber kit and such.
                          JDB garage

Comment

I went from NYC to Baltimore in June... its not THAT far...

Comment

Working...
                            X