X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miss Murder

im not into rock that much, so yeah I barely heard this song. lol

But I heard it and I really liked it!

Well, i was listening to it right now, and this time, I payed attention to the lyrics. and from the bits and pieces I heard, the song sounded really, anti-christian. Now, I did grow up christian, so i didnt want to listen to a song that was all against what i was about. Still would have liked it, but its like most songs i like... I never pay attention to the lyrics

any way, I was curious and I looked up the lyrics, and watched the video on yahoo music. And I found this song very interesting.

After reading the lyrics, I was semi convinced that it was anti-christian. And dont think i would have a bug up my ass like church going old people, it would have been a neat discovery to interperate something. but after watching the video. I was definately convinced that that song has nothing to do with Jesus or christianity. Here's my opinion:

its about hitler. just read the lyrics. Jesus wouldnt commit suicide, as the lead singer in the song is implying. If you watch the music video, it's completely signifying a very powerfull leader, such as Hitler. (he even acts like it, with the followers under the balcony and his hand gestures) and with the flags of the of the band leaders, signify the flag of the swaztica(sp?). same position? and when the song mentions verbose. Hitler was very good at making speeches and saying what people wanted to hear. thats how he pretty much came to power.

i've read many therories about this song being about Lucifer, Curt Cobaine, Hitler as well as being anti-christian.

http://www.lyricinterpretations.com/...cff80be40768aa

what are your thoughts?

Now please let's keep this flame free, dont start bashing on religion. i believe what i wish, as well as others. I think this is a really interesting thing to do, interperate a song...

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Hey Miss Murder can I?
    Hey Miss Murder can I?
    Make beauty stay if I,
    Take my life?

Whoa-oh-ohh

With just a look they shook
    And heavens bowed before him.
    Simply a look can break your heart.
    The stars that pierce the sky;
    He left them all behind.
    We’re left to wonder why
    He left us all behind.

Hey Miss Murder can I?
    Hey Miss Murder can I?
    Make beauty stay if I,
    Take my life?
    Whoa-oh-ohh
    (ohh)

Dreams of his crash won’t pass
    Or how they all adored him.
    Beauty will last when spiraled down.
    The stars that mystify
    He left them all behind.
    And how his children cry
    He left us all behind.

Hey Miss Murder can I?
    Hey Miss Murder can I?
    Make beauty stay if I,
    Take my life?
    Whoa-oh-ohh

What's the hook, the twist
    Within this verbose mystery?
    I would gladly bet my life upon it.
    That the ghost you love, your ray of light
    Will fizzle out without hope.
    We're the empty set just floating through, wrapped in skin,
    Ever searching for what we were promised.
    Reaching for the golden ring we never let go,
    Who would ever let us put our filthy hands upon it.

Hey Miss Murder can I?
    Hey Miss Murder can I?
    Make beauty stay if I,
    Take my life?
    Whoa-oh-ohh

Hey Miss Murder can I?
    Hey Miss Murder can I?
    Make beauty stay if I,
    Take my life?
    Whoa-oh-ohh

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Comment

It's actually about Lisa Turtle from Saved by the Bell and why she doesn't have a career anymore since the show ended even though she's actually pretty hot. That's what I think.

Me thinks you should get out more too and not think so much about AFI songs....

Just a thought. I responded because no one else has, even though this thread has had a bunch of views and I know how much you anticipate a response. So. uh. Here's a response.
      www.stickydiljoe.com

Comment

I stopped trying to understand AFI long ago...

Comment

haha i read it and the reviews. in the music video it does show him waving at the nazis and the four flags representing the swatstika. but i think its more about if he killed himself waht would happen. like how curt cobain did. yeah afi is wierd. but i love the song
          ]

Comment

Originally posted by StickyDilJoe
            It's actually about Lisa Turtle from Saved by the Bell and why she doesn't have a career anymore since the show ended even though she's actually pretty hot. That's what I think.

Me thinks you should get out more too and not think so much about AFI songs....

Just a thought. I responded because no one else has, even though this thread has had a bunch of views and I know how much you anticipate a response. So. uh. Here's a response.
            well, uh, thanks for the response? there arent many places i can go at one in the morning, so i figured id try and anaylze this song out of boredom. caffene's a hell of a drug.

Comment

old AFI is cool....new AFI is a fucking joke....they did what they were told and that's why they changed so drastically........the word "sellout" is used too often because it is a business first, but really, when you change everything from your look to your sound, then you've "sold out"..........

have you seen the old AFI video and the new one that cyndi lauper would be proud of?

if it were a tool song, i'd say that YOUR interpretation is really all that matters to you because in the end, it is.....this isn't sending a message so there is nothing wrong with taking it how you want it.....i don't really see the hitler connection though.......if it's anti-christian, they did a shitty job with the anti and the christian part.......some songs just aren't meant to be read too much into.....some are meant to think about for years (that's why i love tool)
              ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                old AFI is cool....new AFI is a fucking joke....they did what they were told and that's why they changed so drastically........the word "sellout" is used too often because it is a business first, but really, when you change everything from your look to your sound, then you've "sold out"..........

have you seen the old AFI video and the new one that cyndi lauper would be proud of?

if it were a tool song, i'd say that YOUR interpretation is really all that matters to you because in the end, it is.....this isn't sending a message so there is nothing wrong with taking it how you want it.....i don't really see the hitler connection though.......if it's anti-christian, they did a shitty job with the anti and the christian part.......some songs just aren't meant to be read too much into.....some are meant to think about for years (that's why i love tool)

very true, The possibility that it could just be some publicity shit, making people think this guy's totally daffy and this is some long suicied note, also crossed my mind.

Comment

AFI has always changed their look and sound... they went from metal-like hardcore to straight punk, and now they're into that goth-emo thing... not my thing, but at least they don't have a reputation for being consistent!

When Unwritten Law changed, I was mad...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                    AFI has always changed their look and sound... they went from metal-like hardcore to straight punk, and now they're into that goth-emo thing... not my thing, but at least they don't have a reputation for being consistent!

yeah I heard about their inconsistantcy. That makes the gimmick theory more believeable.

Comment

IMO AFI's albums have all been great, sure there are blatant differences between black sails in the sunset, art of drowning, sing the sorrow, and decemberunderground, but, besides the slight style changes, they have stayed somewhat true to their roots, yet are still managing to crank out decent 'mainstream' (radio acceptable) rock 12 years later....anyone heard 'answer that and stay fashionable'? i dont even listen to a fire inside much anymore and its still among my fav albums....
                      1993 CB7
                      2001 BB6

Comment

and deev, unwritten law had some badass albums.... even though elva was completely off the beaten trail for them, i liked it
                        1993 CB7
                        2001 BB6

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                          amen!

sorry was that too religious?

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
                            amen!

sorry was that too religious?

nah i didnt get butt hurt about it

Comment

Does anyone else think this song bears an uncanny resemblence to stuff off Green Day's American Idiot CD, or is it just me?

Comment

Working...
                              X