Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I'm cursed with cars for life...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'm cursed with cars for life...

I have come to realize that till the day I die, I will be paying out my ass for cars...whether the car is used or new lol. Since I've had this car, I've gone through two transmission, a clutch, and a new engine. My F22 blew so I decided, hey...lets go H22! So I go off and order it from hmotorsonline.com, cause I have heard nothing but good things from them. Well I get the engine, get the a shop that I always go to to install it. Gets installed....take it out Saturday...but I have no vtec. It's ok, I find out that I didn't receive the vtec pressure valve with the engine. I was like fine I'll get that later. I went out...got new tires. Came home to show my friends, mind you the car was running perfect. I went for a little drive came back and notice a slight tabbing noise coming from the timing belt cover area. So I didn't want to risk anything...took the car home and was planning on taking it in that monday to see what's up. Well before I got home...I got this wierd feeling in the acceraltor...I started to accelarate real slow and the intake sounded really loud. So I pulled over...she died. Tried to restart, it didn't. waited 5 mins tried again...she fired right back up. BUT I still had the revving problem and the car didnt want to accelarate at all. So I got it home...car was 3 house from my house. The next day, sunday, I got the car today triple A to the shop. They looked at it...basically what they found out so far is that its misfiring in one of the cylinders and that theres light bluish whitish smoke coming from the exaust....GREAT I'm burning oil now! Oh and they tried checking the timing with a timing light, but couldn't find anything...they thought the light was broken, but it worked fine on another car. I'm still within the 30days of buying the engine..so if they can't figure out whats up. I'm calling up HMO and seeing if I can exchange the block.

This isn't a give up thread by any means...cause I don't think I'll ever give up on this car. Just needed to vent. Thanks...later.

PS...am I the only one to get a possibly bad engine from HMO? lol...I tell you, I'm cursed!

Buying Your Tan Interior Parts ( Click Here )
    .::.My Member's Ride Section.::.
    .::._____My Myspace______.::.

well don't be spreading your voodoo car curses around here!

i'm sure most of us have had our fair share of car problems. my first car, an S12, was the biggest POS i've ever owned. thats was about the time I said fuck this and bought my first cb7. ahh, Honda reliability!
    "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

I'm not gonna say this with to much excitement because I know I will gynx myself ( knock on wood ). But I just got a call back from the shop. The spark plugs were totally fubar they said...thats why they couldn't see the timing with the light. The checked the timing belt...that was even worse. They said they dont even know how the car started. There was about an quarter inch left of the belt and it was shredded to shit...it was getting caught up and was knocking on the cover. They believe it prolly jumbed a tooth or two. And they said something about the timing being advanced 35 degrees...whatever that means. Lets see what happens with everything replaced.

Comment

all of us has problems with our cars..........use cars need more attention and money put into it.......than the updated ones.........relax its o.k homie.........

Comment

ha! what did i tell you!? was I right or was I right?lol.

i hope you shit gets fixed quick man.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2AZUL
            all of us has problems with our cars..........use cars need more attention and money put into it.......than the updated ones.........relax its o.k homie.........
            oh and the cb7 before that kissed a tree...lol I know we all do...but it seems as of late its been non stop. heh

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
              ha! what did i tell you!? was I right or was I right?lol.

i hope you shit gets fixed quick man.
              yeah you kepy me through these hard times man, hehe. you were able to diagnose it from across the country!! props to d112crzy!

Comment

Originally posted by 93Akkord
                oh and the cb7 before that kissed a tree...lol I know we all do...but it seems as of late its been non stop. heh

DAMN...lol

Comment

Just an update on what's going on. I saw the timing belt last night

lets say a normal timing belt is suppose to be this wide

|||||||||||||||||||||||||

here's how wide mine was when they lifted the valve cover...

|||||||

I'll try to get a picture of it later.

Comment

Working...
                  X