anyone have any racing stories?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone have any racing stories?

i dont know about you guys but where I live if your car doesn't have any "mods" (which means a huge ass wing with a loud ass exhaust) no one even bothers to look at you let alone race you on the street.. to better prove my point today i was riding in my sisters neon (for god's sake she put that stupid silver lining around the doors and the nozzles that have the led light) and this 2003 hyundai tiburon gt pulls up next to me and starts revving his engine at me.. so i was just there sittin while he revved the v6 at me.. so when the light turned green i punched it and i dont know why.. but i was beating his ass in the beginning but then he just pulled half a car ahead of me.. while on the other hand if i was in my cb7 he wouldnt of even looked twice at me.. which pisses me off cuz the point of sleeper car in my town would be pointless.. but anywayz.. yeah.. i dont know if anyone is into street racing.. i mean sumtimes its stupid if u do it in the wrong environment (school zone.. wtf?!?) but if its on an empty street with no intersections i dont see a problem.. so if anyone has any good stories.. please do share.. just be realistic ppl.. i've seen too many sites where a celica claims to have beaten a porsche with just having a cai.. but anyway i just didnt know what to do and i was bored.. maybe i shouldve just posted sumthing on that thread on being bored..

i believe all street racing is stupid. (unless it's professionally sponsored and blocked off w/ concrete barriers.) there may not be any pedestrians, but hit a pothole, run over a patch of slick oil/grease, and you lose control of the car. you get off easy w/ property damage and loss of vehicle. but accidents happen because they're "accidents". you can't predict when someone stupid will pull in front of you.

but that's just my opinion. race on. more power to you.
    Once upon a time I took a joyride in a Huayra...

Comment

I'm mostly worried about cops when I street race. It would be *** to lose my license over a race.

When I raced nirvousaccord we did it out in the country but the road was to narrow and bumpy.

On that note Pete, you found any better places to race?

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

i totally agree with you usc too many people crash while street racing cuz its just plain simple.. their idiots who race on a busy street in the middle of the day.. but im talking about at night when no ones out in a back street thats empty.. u also gotta have a test run to make sure theres nothing up ahead thats gonna make u flip over or anything.. but yeah.. so hey 5spd who won between you and nirvousaccord?

Comment

werd... keep that ish on the track.

Comment

Two of my best friends died from street racing in Cali (separate incidents) so I don't condone any form of street racing... Take it to the tracks... We were all there once, thinking that we're invincible and sh*t like this won't happen to us- face it, it's reality... It can be tempting at times, but, what's the whole point in street racing when we should obviously know the consequences behind it?? It sometimes doesn't make ANY sense at all...

This is what I do when peeps rev at me at a stoplight... When the light turns green, I'll stay put for a few seconds while I let that fool make a complete ass out of himself (he'll only realize that he was racing himself ) in front of everyone...

Sorry for the venting- my two buddies would still be alive today if it weren't for irresponsible drivers (they were in other cars when they died- they were not involved in the race itself)...

L8z-
            Jay
            "Don't meddle with things you don't understand..."

1990 Accord LX- Maroon w/Raspberry pearl. Daily driven: NOT a stay-at-home-bitch RIP 8/9/2006

Another Gen4 CB7 ryde in the works...

Ryde Syndicate... "If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense..."

Comment

Originally posted by 92hondaLX
              i totally agree with you usc too many people crash while street racing cuz its just plain simple.. their idiots who race on a busy street in the middle of the day.. but im talking about at night when no ones out in a back street thats empty.. u also gotta have a test run to make sure theres nothing up ahead thats gonna make u flip over or anything.. but yeah.. so hey 5spd who won between you and nirvousaccord?
              5speedintegra won by about a car length or so...i got a better start but he pulled on me through 2nd-3rd gear. but its weird...i beat a 92-93 accord ex by like 2 car lengths and that car beat 5speedintegra's car, but with cars so similar in power, its just driver vs. driver. i want a rematch

The Dark Tower..........................................and Blaine the Mono

Comment

Originally posted by 5spdintegra
                I'm mostly worried about cops when I street race. It would be *** to lose my license over a race.

When I raced nirvousaccord we did it out in the country but the road was to narrow and bumpy.

On that note Pete, you found any better places to race?
                same with me, cops are a bitch, but they are just doin their job. i got a radar detector which has helped me out alot and saved my ass more than once.

gray, you can kinda race down my street, but the whole thing is like 1/4 mile long so its just like a good best 0-60 race kinda. i bet with all the roads over here there should be a good one thats secluded and not as bumpy as the one we were on, perry i think

Comment

Originally posted by nirvoUSAccord
                  5speedintegra won by about a car length or so...i got a better start but he pulled on me through 2nd-3rd gear. but its weird...i beat a 92-93 accord ex by like 2 car lengths and that car beat 5speedintegra's car, but with cars so similar in power, its just driver vs. driver. i want a rematch
                  I think I will go search someday for a good spot out in the middle of no where. Then you will get your re-match.

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

Originally posted by 5spdintegra
                    I think I will go search someday for a good spot out in the middle of no where. Then you will get your re-match.
                    yessss 2 grand buy in...winner takes all. if i win, i get the money, and the respect...to some people thats worth more

Comment

Originally posted by nirvoUSAccord
                      yessss 2 grand buy in...winner takes all. if i win, i get the money, and the respect...to some people thats worth more
                      Just remember that it don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning.

www.SnowSuperStars.com

Comment

thank you fizzbob.. ur like the first person whos actually agreed with me.. but anywayz.. yeah i cant understand how you guys are saying you dont wanna street race but u dont want a track car either.. why have a car with power and not even race it? well anyhoot.. thats about it..

Comment

whoa.. he sure knows how to prove a point.. good job

Comment

i know its illegal and totally dangerous but it just sucked that no one wanted to look at it in my point of view.. overall i just love driving!

Comment

that's when i pick up the good ol GT3 / Logitech wheel and race all day/night long. (waiting for GT4 then you can race online against a friend/friends.)

my opinion still stands. doesn't mean I'm going to preach and tell you or anybody else what to or not to do. i'm sure street racing is as old as automobiles been on the road, and probably before when they just had horse and buggy. but it's still stupid.
                              Once upon a time I took a joyride in a Huayra...

Comment

Working...
                              X