the accord is down!!! haha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the accord is down!!! haha

well after soo many good miles on the car, i was going up to the lake, i kinda got lost on a dirt road with terrain that is only ridden on by suv's. i made it nicely.

rollin home i heard a rattle in the car, kinda like if someone ran a stick through a fence. so i thought about it wondering. then i came to a light and it went away....when second gear came oh man it shifted soo hard and rattled soo loud that i thought it was going to blow up, but once i got out of second gear it was fine. i was in the cuts area where its barley enough to fit 2 cars in the lane so i wasnt going to be pullin over there. so finally i got down on the bottom of the hill.

haha the next light it was even louder, i tried to bypass second gear by letting the gas go, that helped, 15 miles later the front tires locked up cause the car turned off and the steering wheel went straight to the right and my car flew sideways . at the same time im sliding sideways ...i start the car slam on the brakes and lift up the e-brake to regain me going straight.

i came inches away from 3 cars and i flew across 5 lanes of traffic and almost hit a pole and ended up on the shoulder facing the right way thankfully.

man that was the most scarry moment of my life, one the car was steering uncontrollably and then traffic around me, 3rd... the pole.

so yea car is in one shape. i looked at the odometer and it had 198k but i rememberd that it was out for 20k....so it was time. the car shifted fine before it...smooth and everything with clean tranny fluid. haha i guess nothing lasts forever.

so how was your 4th of july>?
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Hehe, mine is down and out too. Its on ebay for sale.

Comment

eh my 4th of july sucks.. the two seatbealts at the back were broke. and my wheel bearing is now grinding..

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

i opened on 4th of july...car is on jackstands awaiting a h23 head.
        im tired as shit and i hate my mom, i want to move out so bad but if i do she'll probably drop insurance on my car.

i had to change a flat on the camry @ 5:30 am int he morning due to a leaky valve stem.

two co-worker's last day today, workk is gonna go down hill...and im depressed about my life.

anyways, gonna go eat dinner with my family and throw fireworks at people.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

holy shit... so what happened to your car .was your tranny just out?..

Comment

One of the best July 4ths I have ever had. Cleaned my baby, took her for a ride and read her a bedtime story about a brand new intake and header soon to come. Ahh, we had a blast!

generic short-ram
            generic strut tower bar
            hid bulbs all around
            amber bumper + clear corners (soon to be amber)

Comment

Damn glad you're ok man! So you think the tranny is shot?

Comment

Originally posted by '93EX
                and read her a bedtime story about a brand new intake and header soon to come. Ahh, we had a blast!

hahhaaha!! this is funny..

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

my fourth of july was shitty... my car sat on jackstands all day awaiting the new crank pulley thats in the mail... this can be fixed though your car sounds like its out... what are you planning on getting now?

Comment

Swap it.
                    (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
                    Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
                    My (old) Ride

Comment

sounds like that motor had a tko. YOu sure you had oil in it.
                      1)92 Accord lx - I/E w/ valves, springs and retainers. H22 bored to h23 not goin in this summer.--Totaled
                      2)92 Accord Ex - I/E and loving the sound.
                      3)89 Integra Lx - loving the new old-school.

ITS NOT HOW MUCH HORSEPOWER YOU HAVE, ITS HOW MUCH POWER YOUR HORSES CAN MAKE
                      Now serving the Red, White and Blue under the U.S.A.F
                      Now Working at.......Dyess AFB

Comment

why is haha in the title?

did you find out what was wrong. later.
                        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
                          why is haha in the title?

did you find out what was wrong. later.
                          haha tranny is fuked somehow....and i laughed cause i got out of it in one piece.

PREZ....hahah there is no doubt that somethign in the tranny is fuked up. no doubt at all.

at the moment i knew the tranny was going but i never knew it can end like this...im just glad i wasnt on the freeway

my dad wants to look for a new car now just to have just incause and then we are going to fix this car. i wonder if a h22 or h23 tranny would work cause of the shorter gear ratios for the auto?
                          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

h23 tranny would work cool from what I've heard. Less mileage, but more pep?

You gotta keep us updated. I wonder what caused it to fail so catastrophically like that?

Comment

i was in the mountain ranges with it in second and 3rd gear most of the way but the grade of climb wasnt much at all. i think it was just time.

but i did do a bit of off roading to get to a certain portion but i been through worse before, haha it was probably just a time bomb waiting to happen.

now in neutral with the car off and rolling backwards it makes the sound, and in reverse as well.

i think ill go find a honda tranny regular f22. i just want to get it back and running.

anyone have any opinions on a newly rebuilt transmission?

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
                              X