New Digital camera, Help, tips,...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Digital camera, Help, tips,...

Well I bought a new digital camera, Fujifilm A205: Yea I know its not the best, but I just wanted something kinda cheap and decent, so far it has worked out great. So heres my problem:
    I need some tips from any of you photographers, I would really like to know how to take great night time shots, where the flash doesnt lighten everything up, get what im trying to say? I have a tripod, if that helps, but am still a beginner at photography.
    Any help is appreciated.

Jay
    Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

well, it helps if your camera has "extended shutter" settings. it means you can set the amount of time that the shutter stays open to take the pics. generally, 2 to 4 second shutter speeds will give you pretty good photos depending on amount of ambient light. you'll just have to experiment and find your happy medium.

but if you're camera doesn't allow you to manually adjust for exposure time, you're S.O.L.'d.
    Once upon a time I took a joyride in a Huayra...

Comment

Thanks USC, all ive found in the manual is "Slow Synchro" -slowest shutter speed: Up to 1/2 sec. ...so I guess Im outta luck then? Guess you get what you pay for... but it has a EV mode, that I can change the range from -2.1 EV to +1/5 EV, if that means anything. So should I try playing with that, or will that not acheive what Im after?

Well is there anything else I can do to take better night shots? Keepin in mind that my camera isnt the most advanced. Also does anyone have any tips for a beginner, like using the Macro (close-up) option, or the digital vs. opitical zooms, brightness, etc.

Jay
      Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

Working...
      X