Wyotech anyone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wyotech anyone??

noob here...hello everyone...nice to meet you all...been on the board a couple months, but never posted. so hey...

anyway...my wife and i had a visit from a wyotech rep today, and honestly, i dont know what to think. it seems like its too good to be true. i mean, associates in 9 months?? $19,500 for a 9 month class?? so many rules, makes me think of a prep school...i dunno.

have any of you gone to wyotech, or thought about it? or have any of you got to go on a tour, or what...what are your thoughts on the school?
    Love it, wanna go...
    50.00%
    Hate it, wish it burnt to the ground...
    0.00%
    Don't know, don't care, i'm just a post whore...
    50.00%
    Justin

Never heard of em, but an associates degree isn't really worth much more than a high school diploma in the work world. Take the time and go to a real school for 3 or 4 years (depending on how hard you push yourself.)

For me, Rutgers is about $8000 a year, and once you pay for 4 classes, everything after that is free... so, if I took a 6 class courseload each semester (7 sometimes) I could've made it out in 3... Of course, I'm gonna do it in 2.5 there, and 4 at a community college trying to figure out what I wanted to do!

Comment

Originally posted by Deevergote
      Never heard of em
      do you watch tv? I have no personal experience, but have heard that its pretty good

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...ht=morrisville
      HSHO #3

Comment

talked to them about enrollment, seemed a little high. I talked to recruits that were just low paid interns. They didn't impress me, but the commercials looked good.

Just find a good shop and ask to sweep the floor. That's how some of the best builders today got started.

My Cardomain

Current Score: Cops - IV Me - V
        Quote of the moment: "The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
        Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
        Simulation Racing Thread i.e. PC, PS2 & XBOX

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordEX
          do you watch tv? I have no personal experience, but have heard that its pretty good

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...ht=morrisville
          i've only heard of it from tv as well. don't know much more than that.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevergote
            Never heard of em, but an associates degree isn't really worth much more than a high school diploma in the work world. Take the time and go to a real school for 3 or 4 years (depending on how hard you push yourself.)

For me, Rutgers is about $8000 a year, and once you pay for 4 classes, everything after that is free... so, if I took a 6 class courseload each semester (7 sometimes) I could've made it out in 3... Of course, I'm gonna do it in 2.5 there, and 4 at a community college trying to figure out what I wanted to do!
            Automotive school

Comment

Ah, that would explain it then! Ok, an associates degree in a trade like that is good... about as good as a bachelors in other stuff.

Research what kind of jobs graduates can get, and ask about job placement (if they have any). If that sounds good, then I would say it's good.

Comment

well, they had a 98% placement rate last term (3 months ago), so id say they've got a pretty good career services team...

as far as jobs, wyotech has teamed up with dealerships around the nation to offer "apprenticeships" if you want to call them that, where you sign on with, say, bmw-volvo-audi-porsche, for like a year, and they might pay off your tuition, and help you with tools and crap like that. so yeah...im still pondering it...

check them out at WyoTech
                Justin

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordEX
                  do you watch tv?
                  Nope
                  I SOMETIMES catch the Simpsons, or bits and pieces of the A Team or MacGyver, but that's it.

Comment

Working...
                  X