• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PARTY TRAGEDY with a green cb7...

taken from the new york post ....06/12/06
    ....CAR MOWS DOWN 4 AT SWEET 16
    By JOE MOLLICA, PHILIP MESSING and DAN MANGAN

HORROR ON S.I./b> Critically injured Amanda Forsyth, was one of four teens hurled into the air by a car (above) that plowed into them after they left a “Sweet 16” party at this Staten Island church.
    Photo: N.Y. Post/Juan Gonzalez

June 12, 2006 -- A car plowed into four teens goofing around on a Staten Island street after a friend's Sweet 16 birthday party yesterday, critically injuring two of them, cops said.
    "They were just playing, horsing around," said a woman who lives near the scene of the horrific 12:20 a.m. accident on Richmond Avenue, across from Willow Brook Park.

Then, she said, "I heard a thud."

That horrible sound was a souped-up 1991 Honda, driven by Fabian McCallum, 20, slamming into the four teens, who were sent flying down the roadway and onto a median.

The driver, who had slammed on his brakes in a futile effort to avoid them, remained at the scene.

The victims - three girls and a boy - had been attending a Sweet 16 party in a rented room at the Immanuel Lutheran Church at 2018 Richmond Ave.

The most seriously injured victim was identified by relatives as Amanda Forsyth, 16, a sophomore at Susan Wagner HS.

She and a 14-year-old girl, whose name was not released, were both listed in critical condition with head trauma at St. Vincent's Hospital.

Another witness, Ron Medina, said he saw the group, "all dressed up in skirts and dresses," walk across the six-lane street just north of Rivington Avenue once, and then head back across.

"They were having fun, but when they crossed the street they weren't paying attention," Medina said.

"They goofed around a bit with each other and they crossed again"

That's when Medina spotted the Honda hurtling toward them.

"I thought he was going to slow down, and he didn't . . . He couldn't stop the car," Medina said.

"Two of the girls were hit head on. Their legs went up first, like the car picked up their bodies.

"One girl had the flesh ripped off her arm," he said.

Amanda, a member of Wagner's softball and twirling teams, is one of five children of Warren "Woody" Forsyth, a recently retired city firefighter who is the school's head wrestling coach and assistant football coach.

"She is a sweet girl, very level headed," said Doug Forsyth, Amanda's uncle.

"That's why I can't believe she was out on the road, clowning around. She's a smart girl."

The injured girl's grandmother, Caroline Forsyth, called her "a wonderful young lady, so popular."

The other two victims - a girl and boy, both 16 - were in stable condition at Staten Island University Hospital North. Their names also were withheld.

The car, equipped with a variety of racing gear, including a carbon-fiber hood, was badly damaged in the crash.

No charges were filed against McCallum, who lives in Mariner's Harbor.

"Alcohol does not appear to have been involved," said a law-enforcement source.

Additional reporting by Erin Calabrese
    Last edited by 2.2AZUL; 06-12-2006, 09:27 AM.

Damn kids. Good thing they werent killed. What you get for "clownin around". Feel sorry for them but they kinda deserved it who doesnt pay attention when crossing a street? Thats like walking blindfolded across a highway...I guess the driver didnt see them so can kinda be his fault but doesnt sound like it.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Next time they should be a bit more careful and the driver aswell. But kids will be kids I know theyll pay attenton to the crosswalk signal next time.

Comment

I love the fact of how they HAVE to mention it was a souped up Honda with lots of racing parts. WTF!!

Thats doesnt matter one bit, its not like he was street racing or anything. Keep your dumb ass out of the middle of the street at 12 am and you probably wont get hit.

Comment

You know something guys....that car looks awfully familiar. Like it could be one of our members on this board.

I've seen the member's ride on this car.......
          Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

this is the kind of story that motivated me to write about the unfair targeting of Hondas.
            "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid
              You know something guys....that car looks awfully familiar. Like it could be one of our members on this board.

i was thinking the same thing...i was looking at all the members rides that are green and that are in nyc........no luck yet
              i know for a fact that its not SHONUFF

Comment

That "Journalist" makes me sick. The article is clearly implying, by pointing out the fact that it was a "souped" up honda, and that it had "many racing parts like a carbon fiber hood" that it must of been the drivers fault because young whippersnappers in those damn Jap cars drive around all crazy.
                Clearly, you should not play in the middle of the street at night. It was an accident, it is no ones fault just a horrible tradgedy. When some soccer mom weaving between the lane marking talking on her cell phone, accidentally hits someone it is a tragic accident, but when someone who probably actually pays attention while he drives gets in an ACCIDENT it must be because he was racing.
                I've said it befeore and I'll say it again... me (us) driving 85-90 is probably safer than 50% of people driving 45mph.
                Why? Because... Life Happens @ 4500 RPM

Frost White CB7 Member 31

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid

I instantly thought Sho Nuff...but I believe he has painted moldings. The other Avignon Blue ones I've seen don't have OEM fogs.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2AZUL
                    i was thinking the same thing...i was looking at all the members rides that are green and that are in nyc........no luck yet
                    i know for a fact that its not SHONUFF
                    I thought it was SHONUFF but i guess not

Comment

So at the end its still not the drivers fault...just not clearly written that way.
                      2.2AZUL could have made off with some fogs.
                      '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                      EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

The car, equipped with a variety of racing gear, including a carbon-fiber hood, was badly damaged in the crash.

Comment

Didn't their momma's teach them not to play in the street?
                          Hi, I'm Shippo and I have a problem. I keep buying CB7's.

Comment

Originally posted by mrvinyl33
                            So at the end its still not the drivers fault...just not clearly written that way.
                            2.2AZUL could have made off with some fogs.
                            i wanted the fogs

Comment

yea... it looks familiar... but i'm tired of older people calling it souped up.... if i wanted soup.... i'd get some cambells.

SOLD!

Comment

Working...
                              X