Blaaahhh another "i wanna ditch the CB" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blaaahhh another "i wanna ditch the CB" thread

FUCK...I JUST DID MY MOTOR MOUNTS...WHY IS MY MOTOR ROCKING AGAIN??? It's definitely just the rear one and I'll do it again...but honestly it's disheartening to do all that work only for the shit to break again. A 6th gen with an H22 head swap is looking mighty tempting right now and my parents are all too eager to help me lose the CB. I think I'm gonna fix the axle and throw the F/S sign on...

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

for sale sign might go up for my CB as well ..'cause of tha fact that i may be pickin' up a 1991 toyota mr2 for less than $1000.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

What ever makes you happy.

6 gen H22 Vs. 4 gen H22.Theres a huge weight advantage but whatever I saw one yesterday at QT and is was killer. Honestly I would stick with H22 Coupe Accord. Flyin by you!

My ride

Comment

then ditch it.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
        Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
        NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Don't post it here. Just leave.

Comment

Well that sucks to hear. My parents asked me one thing before I swapped....Are you going to keep the car for at least 5 years. I said yea and they were like go ahead lol. Damn I didnt think parents would do that guess its diff for everyone. If your parents want you to ditch your car then be like get me something better =D. That sixth gen will be nice BUT as mentioned heavy so its not as quick but its a "newer" car.

The New-ish Ride
            My old Ride
            Hear my Vtak!!!
            MK3 Member #3
            I piss off people for fun.
            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Not another one! Damn glory, I think you'll have less headaches with the CB but that's my opinion. Do what you gotta do.

My Accord History:
              91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

just sell it. no one wants to here sob stories.

Comment

Its funny how people who own anything but CB's have the smart things to say.

Comment

been thinking about ditching mine too..but it may be harder than that just letting her go..unless i get an acura nsx

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                      Its funny how people who own anything but CB's have the smart things to say.
                      Exactly...shit some of you guys should be happy, I just bought for sale signs and I'm letting it go as-is for fucking cheap ($1750)...I'm gonna have to commute to my next job and I really don't have the time to deal with all the problems. I have to pay off some tickets and get my inspection done and it's fucking gone...I'll probably fix stuff while I still have it as well; the major things that need to be done are to get a new axle, recharge the A/C and get a grill for the front...

I love the CB, it's a lot of fun, but blah I just can't deal. It runs strong and all that but I don't wanna deal with all the little issues anymore. It's either a 6th gen 4dr or a BB6...

I got the signs ready but I probably won't sell it till July or so when I can fix everything and get some money together.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Thats cool. Trust me, I can't blame you. I really couldn't have my CB as my only car. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell you that old parts break. Eventually you will get fed up with it, unless you are into car restoration. That only seems to be a handful of people on this site. However, I don't see anyone who would voluntarily park their car and fully restore it until they are done. I might be the only one who did that...

Comment

I'm just a CB freak. Even if I sold mine now, I'd just go get another one Sure it needs parts to be replaced, but that's with ANYTHING mechanical. I got hooked on these things since my first one many years ago. I hope others get the same Accord bug up their asses, but I don't get dissapointed when they don't. Your needs and preferences may not be the same as mine. And besides, it's another good CB available I just hope you don't leave for good when it sells because you're one of the few good members that we do have.

My Accord History:
                          91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

I hate my car too....stupid thing won't work!
                            My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
                              I'm just a CB freak. Even if I sold mine now, I'd just go get another one Sure it needs parts to be replaced, but that's with ANYTHING mechanical. I got hooked on these things since my first one many years ago. I hope others get the same Accord bug up their asses, but I don't get dissapointed when they don't. Your needs and preferences may not be the same as mine. And besides, it's another good CB available I just hope you don't leave for good when it sells because you're one of the few good members that we do have.
                              I hear you. They're great cars when they're running and they're definitely better built than most 13-16 year old cars...but I'm sure even you have another car you drive regularly. I'm sure whatever car I get next will eventually have some issues, but meh, I'm gonna get a warrantee so I won't have to really worry about that anyway...

And as far as me leaving...nahhhhhh. If anything just to chill in OT, come to meets and all that stuff. I've made some real friends off this site so just up and leaving is out. Plus like I said I wanna keep it in the F/H family, so Just not in a CB chassis.

So yep...stay tuned. I might have the only rustfree CB in the tri-state area and I'm looking to ditch it soon...

Comment

Working...
                              X