Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here collect diecast model cars? I do.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UnicornHondaSE View Post
    Holy moly that is quite the collection. I have some of these too, about five or six boxes. Last week I got that little green 70's custom Honda with the grey three spokes, and that green old Mercedes Benz sedan.

AccordWarrior, what brand and size is that Delorean Back to the Future model? That one is nice!

Two days ago I found at the local grocery store, a red Mitsu Pajero, Audi RS Avant green, 80's Toyota Supra JDM in burgundy, and another one I can't remember...

I had to put the brakes on buying these, thankfully though the small ones are only one dollar each.

I collect 1/18 scale models exclusively. The DeLorean is from Sunstar and went back into production recently with some improvements compared to mine from the very early 2000s. Hot Wheels also makes a BTTF DeLorean that’s quite nice.

IMG_9668 by Mike M, on Flickr
    IMG_1773 by Mike M, on Flickr
    IMG_2450 by Mike M, on Flickr
    IMG_4115 by Mike M, on Flickr
    IMG_4116 by Mike M, on Flickr
    IMG_1342 by Mike M, on Flickr

This is the current status of my collection. I have three additional cars in storage but they’re less interesting for me right now.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post

I collect 1/18 scale models exclusively. The DeLorean is from Sunstar and went back into production recently with some improvements compared to mine from the very early 2000s. Hot Wheels also makes a BTTF DeLorean that’s quite nice.

This is the current status of my collection. I have three additional cars in storage but they’re less interesting for me right now.
      Sunstar... ok thanks. You have some nice cars, if I had gobs of money I would have many of the same.

There are a couple AutoArt models I would like to eventually grab but will have to wait for now.

I have one of the Hot Wheels BTTF Delorean's I think they are 1:64 sized, please correct me if I'm wrong. I have a bunch of those and some of the newer Matchbox 1:64, and I even still have a box from when I was a wee lad back in the 80's.

I also have a 1:18 Ferrari 288 GTO from the late 80's, I think it's a Burago brand.

Also two Minichamps 1:64, a white Porsche 959 and a silver 550 Spyder. Oh and I have a bunch of Maisto motorcycles, and a bunch of 1:64 Muscle Machines from around 2003.

Jeez, I didn't realize how many I have until I thought about it. Probably not as big as your collection but quite a bit. lol

Comment

Oh I just remembered, the box I have from the 80's has an assortment of brands, a few of which is the Penny Racers with the wind up motor inside. I have the Porsche race car, I think it's a 904 or something like that, it's silver, and I think I have the dark blue BMW which might be an M6.

And you may have heard of this brand but it's called Darda Racing, and those also are motorized. I have a dark metallic grey Porsche 911 that I got when the family went to Disney World in 1986 and we did the around the world tour and stopped at Germany.

Comment

I used to collect 1/18th as well as some 1/24th kits - at one time I was part way to having kits of the dozens of cars I've had over the last 50 years (I'm 76) but space got to be a huge issue, and I sold most of them (still working on selling what's left). Still have a ton of 1/64th (HotWheels scale) and 1/87th (HO model railroad) scale, including a number of modified Hot Wheels, mostly conversions of existing models to build models that were never produced by the respective manufacturers.

The Nova wagon in the attached photo was built using the roof and windows from a Hot Wheels 64 Nova wagon and lower body from an M3 Nova 2 door hardtop, and is a model of a wagon we owned until recently - the trailer is a scratch-built copy of the 17' Coleman popup tent trailer we towed with the Nova
          Attached Files
          Last edited by oldcarguy6547; 07-30-2023, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Sweet custom Nova model!

My dad had a pretty awesome model train set back in the day, around 1980, it was decent size too about the size of a twin or queen bed, it had elevation also, with a slot car track mixed in, so you could race cars while the train was going.

It had grass, bushes working light poles, park benches, people, trees, etc. When we moved he boxed it up and I never saw it again. I was only about four at the time. Wish I had pics of that set up.

Comment

I've been into trains a bit on and off - still have a fair sized Z gauge layout with trains, buildings and some vehicles (Z is really small - 1/220 scale, about a 1/3 the size of HO) than never made it much past the track laying and foam scenery base stage - it's another one of those projects that I'll never get to and need to find a home for.....

Speaking of models - anyone ever seen any CB era Accord models in either Hot Wheels or HO scales?

Comment

Originally posted by oldcarguy6547 View Post
                I've been into trains a bit on and off - still have a fair sized Z gauge layout with trains, buildings and some vehicles (Z is really small - 1/220 scale, about a 1/3 the size of HO) than never made it much past the track laying and foam scenery base stage - it's another one of those projects that I'll never get to and need to find a home for.....

Speaking of models - anyone ever seen any CB era Accord models in either Hot Wheels or HO scales?
                The CB era tends to get skipped in any scale. The closest I've seen is a 1/24 CB9 wagon. You can get the CD in Hot Wheels size, Maisto and I believe Johnny Lightning have made them. I've read that Hot Wheels is making the BTCC car as well, but nothing CB. I'm hoping eventually OTTO models is going to make something.

Comment

My first HW 1:43. I've just never seen these in a store before today's Target trip. But I can't pass up a Mustang, and the new Mach 1 is one of the all-time greats imo. Also found an SVO.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4143.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	4984359

Name:	IMG_4255.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	4984358

Name:	IMG_4289.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	4984360

The newest additions. The GMP Grand National was one I had wanted since I was in high school. I made an offer on eBay and won. The condition of it is a bit worse than I had hoped, especially based on the description, but it looks fine in my case. I already have the Mad Max 1 Pursuit Special, but I had a chance to grab an AUTOart version for a reasonable price. It's a lot closer to the original movie car, although part of me does like that Greenlight lifted to rear of the car way up higher than in the movie as I think it looks meaner. I had a Mad Max 2 / Road Warrior version of the Pursuit Special as well. The front end is removable (shown with it removed) to match the car after it smashes into the Landau bad guy car in the movie. I ended up being able to add the dog food and the dog from the earlier release of the car, which was really neat. I might be the only person who has a second release with all the goodies from the first one. (con't on next post)

Comment

The newest additions. The GMP Grand National was one I had wanted since I was in high school. I made an offer on eBay and won. The condition of it is a bit worse than I had hoped, especially based on the description, but it looks fine in my case. I already have the Mad Max 1 Pursuit Special, but I had a chance to grab an AUTOart version for a reasonable price. It's a lot closer to the original movie car, although part of me does like that Greenlight lifted to rear of the car way up higher than in the movie as I think it looks meaner. I had a Mad Max 2 / Road Warrior version of the Pursuit Special as well. The front end is removable (shown with it removed) to match the car after it smashes into the Landau bad guy car in the movie. I ended up being able to add the dog food and the dog from the earlier release of the car, which was really neat. I might be the only person who has a second release with all the goodies from the first one. (con't on next post)

Comment

Name:	IMG_4391.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	4984363
                        Lastly I got the Night Rider Monaro from Mad Max 1 and it's set up to show all the damage from the film. I'm not in love with the car, but it completes the set for me, which I love.

Comment

That Buick GN is cool.

I've actually never seen the entire Mad Max movie, only short parts of it. Don't laugh. Lol

Comment

That Buick GN is cool.

I've actually never seen the entire Mad Max movie, only short parts of it. Don't laugh. Lol

The last die cast car I got was the Audi 90 Quattro rally car by Hot Wheels. 2023 I think. Their most recent one

Kind of put die cast stuff on the back burner since it was summer and real car stuff took priority.

Comment

Doh double post sorry, forum showed me a red screen.

Comment

I've noticed I'm getting a lot more serious about 1/64 collecting lately. Even watching YouTube videos showing off peoples' collections that give me notes to take on what cars are out there; and I found this guy "The Hotline of Diecast" who actually presents well enough that I don't mind listening to him talk for an hour. Maybe it's just me, but a lot of die cast collectors come off a bit awkward and it turns me off. Hotline seems to know his stuff though, so it's educating me on the hobby. Not that I'm going to start going after Treasure Hunts (I stick to car models I'm genuinely interested in), but it's interesting how a company like Hot Wheels might only sell certain collections at certain stores and things like that.

Anyway, I have these on the way...

I'm a huge R33 fan, and what better way to present it than with the HKS livery. The van is cool too.

I didn't even know the C10 Skyline wagon was a thing until maybe a year or two ago. Obviously I have a weakness for wagons, and a real C10 GT-R is a money-no-object dream car.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                                X