No announcement yet.

new members increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this is the best place for CB's....but why the sudden realization by a bunch of new people? I mean what caused the sudden increase? Google ranking jumped to page #1? Tons of links posted in other forums? I'm wondering WHY the sudden increase lately.

My Accord History:
    91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

so out of curiosity, i tried a few different google searches

CB7 - brings up the site page 1, listing #2
      90 Accord - did not bring it up within the first 20 pages
      91 Accord - did not bring it up within the first 20 pages
      92 Accord - did not bring it up within the first 20 pages
      93 Accord - did not bring it up within the first 20 pages
      90 Accord Tuning- did not bring it up within the first 20 pages
      91 Accord Tuning- did not bring it up within the first 20 pages
      92 Accord Tuning- did not bring it up within the first 20 pages
      93 Accord Tuning- did not bring it up within the first 20 pages
      4th gen Accord - brings it up page 1, listing #2

so it's not like CB7T is listed on page 1 of most search criteria....

anyone else know why the sudden increase?

My Accord History:
      91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
        I know this is the best place for CB's....but why the sudden realization by a bunch of new people? I mean what caused the sudden increase? Google ranking jumped to page #1? Tons of links posted in other forums? I'm wondering WHY the sudden increase lately.
        It could be alotta different reasons .. maybe the CB7 has become so affordable
        that there's a bunch a folks that seek the help .. if not in terms of tuning .. simply perhaps
        because of maintenance issues for an *older* car.
        I remember eBay used to have TONS of 90-93 Accords. It would take me an hour
        to go thru all 4 years .. Today .. I can skip thru it in less then 15 min!

Gas is continuing to increase everywhere, and people I believe are becoming conscious
        of the benefits for a reliable source of transportation .. and parts are still being manufactured
        and quite honestly .. at very reasonable prices.

On another note ... maybe once any site takes so many hits .. it rises to the top faster,
        and more people notice it .. I know that happens with alotta my golf sites that pertain to
        anything from forums to suppliers .. the internet is a finger tip based soulution for the
        everyday consumer ..

Now if we can just convince the auto makers to stop making gas guzzling SUV's,
        and bring back ingenuity like our beloved CB7's .. maybe, just maybe .. it wont hurt so bad.
        I have NO idea what major car companies are even thinking about, still making gas hogs
        like SUV's and motors that put out 300-400 horsepower, along with 0-60 times that
        would boggle the mind in the 60's or 70's ... We are so far behind in terms of being
        conservative that it's just plain foolish on our part to continue such arrogance!

But uhhh .. sorry .. back to the question at hand .. ummm err .. maybe Deever is
        out in Safeway and Publix parking lots, stickin flyers on every CB7 windsheild?

A Hui Hou !!!
        Tomi
        Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 05-14-2006, 10:12 AM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Ok ... after reading your google search criteria, it dawned on me .. how old is this site?
          Not that old .. what.. maybe 5 years .. (i can't remember)

To have almost 6,000 members .. it's really not something so unique ..
          I belong to OneModelPlace.com .. that place isn't that much older .. maybe a year...
          maybe 2 at the most .. however, its membership has peaked at allmost 300,000!!!
          Look at ModelMayhem .. another site that I belong to .. it's brand new .. and has
          eclipsed this one by lightyears .. ok ok .. they're not *tuner* sites .. but nonetheless
          they get response in terms of members ..

I guess it's also what/where/how your priorities lie as well .. I belong to a ton of forums,
          and the most unique of them all .. is CB7T .. we dont have banners/ad's,
          or even pop ups for that matter .. most forums I belong to do ..

This online community known as CB7T is so unique .. that I'm not even sure half the members
          who are listed here even realize just how lucky they are .. and what a great job that
          people like Steve and Deever have done and are doing .. blows my mind actually!

We could also have members who are turning other CB7 tuners on to this place ..
          I know I do .. How and when and IF they even join, I have no idea .. but I do spread the word
          to just about every CB7 I see out there .. plain and simple .. I never wanna see this
          place go away .. and I love how we all (for the most part anyway) respect and come to
          an agreement on most topics even unrelated to our cars ..

I love that we're growing as fast as we are .. Maybe we can set up a *How'd ya hear about
          CB7 Tuner* in the registration part of CB7T ..? Lets see if we cant find out where or why
          so many people are signing up .. Give the noobies a legitimate question when they join.

But seriously .. 6000 members in the time that we've been around .. is not all that
          well ok .. compared to some sites anyhow .. and honestly .. I'm more interested in
          quality .. not so much in quantity .. in the long run .. it's the quality that will keep this site
          above all the rest .. and I really mean what I say, when i say that CB7T is bar none
          head N shoulders above anything else that the world wide web has to offer ..

You pose a great question tho .. and one that I'm still in awe of, everytime I see
          our member count .. it'll always blow me away .. just like it did when we hit a thousand ..

A Hui Hou !!!
          Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda
            Ok ... after reading your google search criteria, it dawned on me .. how old is this site?
            Not that old .. what.. maybe 5 years .. (i can't remember)

To have almost 6,000 members .. it's really not something so unique ..
            I belong to OneModelPlace.com .. that place isn't that much older .. maybe a year...
            maybe 2 at the most .. however, its membership has peaked at allmost 300,000!!!
            Look at ModelMayhem .. another site that I belong to .. it's brand new .. and has
            eclipsed this one by lightyears .. ok ok .. they're not *tuner* sites .. but nonetheless
            they get response in terms of members ..

I guess it's also what/where/how your priorities lie as well .. I belong to a ton of forums,
            and the most unique of them all .. is CB7T .. we dont have banners/ad's,
            or even pop ups for that matter .. most forums I belong to do ..

This online community known as CB7T is so unique .. that I'm not even sure half the members
            who are listed here even realize just how lucky they are .. and what a great job that
            people like Steve and Deever have done and are doing .. blows my mind actually!

We could also have members who are turning other CB7 tuners on to this place ..
            I know I do .. How and when and IF they even join, I have no idea .. but I do spread the word
            to just about every CB7 I see out there .. plain and simple .. I never wanna see this
            place go away .. and I love how we all (for the most part anyway) respect and come to
            an agreement on most topics even unrelated to our cars ..

I love that we're growing as fast as we are .. Maybe we can set up a *How'd ya hear about
            CB7 Tuner* in the registration part of CB7T ..? Lets see if we cant find out where or why
            so many people are signing up .. Give the noobies a legitimate question when they join.

But seriously .. 6000 members in the time that we've been around .. is not all that
            well ok .. compared to some sites anyhow .. and honestly .. I'm more interested in
            quality .. not so much in quantity .. in the long run .. it's the quality that will keep this site
            above all the rest .. and I really mean what I say, when i say that CB7T is bar none
            head N shoulders above anything else that the world wide web has to offer ..

You pose a great question tho .. and one that I'm still in awe of, everytime I see
            our member count .. it'll always blow me away .. just like it did when we hit a thousand ..

A Hui Hou !!!
            Tomi

july of 2003, it's not even 3 years old yet...........this flood has happened a few times.....we had 50 people join one day earlier last year....wasn't all from the same person either.......the same 50 post every day though
            ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

im glad im part of this community.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

It could be due to the fact that alot of ppl that are members here, are members on other forums...i know i found CB7T thanks to deev on HHU....i was searching around and i see in a sig "CB7Tuner.com..THE Site for 4th Gen Accords" that was enough to get me here...then the site being so informative and helpful sealed the deal

Click ^^^ for MR Thread
                Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
                by the way, arguing on the net is like womens basketball, even if you win, no one cares.

Comment

I moderate a couple of other forums and have noticed the same thing - dramatic increase in new users - I think if you look more closely at the new member list you'll find that most of the new members are "bots" with links to their sites in their profile. The bots are used to get cross-link traffic and increase their pagerank/SEO.

Comment

i have noticed more noobs in the past 2 mounths than the rest of the time ive been a member...

but fuck it, the more the maryer! maby we'll get a lil aftermarket support!

hah but i dought it

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Working...
                    X