2006 Hurricane season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 Hurricane season

the hurricane season is just around the corner. an expert predicted an 81% of a major (cat 3/4/5) hurricane landfall in the US this season. i have a feeling that you eastern americans are in for one of the worst seasons yet. i hope im wrong though. yikes

americans... thoughts?
    1991 JDM Galant VR-4

i hate the carolina hurricanes. rod brind'amour is a camel.

well, i, frankly don't feel sorry for people who live in areas that get hammered every single year. "oh my god, my house blew away....again....feel sorry for me, please!" why? no one forces people to live in these places. MOVE, or quit youre bitchin.

yeah, up here, we have cold ass winters....people who don't like it, move. same deal.

as for hurricanes that might develop in areas that are not typically prone to it....then i feel sorry for you. then it's actually a disaster....
    Last edited by DeathFromAbove; 05-12-2006, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathFromAbove
      why? no one forces people to live in these places.
      some people simply dont have the financial means to relocate even if they wanted to (and in many cases they don't want to move). You have to wonder about the sensibility of building a huge city in a place that is mostly below sea level... but i still dont think its as easy and straight cut as you make it sound. if hurricane katrina did anything for america i hope that is to take hurricanes seriously and that "riding out" hurricanes under an evacuation order is not a good idea.
      1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

Learn to swim.

Cuz I'm praying for rain
        And I'm praying for tidal waves
        I wanna see the ground give way.
        I wanna watch it all go down.
        Mom please flush it all away.
        I wanna watch it go right in and down.
        I wanna watch it go right in.
        Watch you flush it all away.

Time to bring it down again.
        Don't just call me pessimist.
        Try and read between the lines.

I can't imagine why you wouldn't
        Welcome any change, my friend.

I wanna see it all come down.
        suck it down.
        flush it down.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
        where you been, is something wrong?
        i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

i hate the carolina hurricanes. rod brind'amour is a camel.

well, i, frankly don't feel sorry for people who live in areas that get hammered every single year. "oh my god, my house blew away....again....feel sorry for me, please!" why? no one forces people to live in these places. MOVE, or quit youre bitchin.

yeah, up here, we have cold ass winters....people who don't like it, move. same deal.

as for hurricanes that might develop in areas that are not typically prone to it....then i feel sorry for you. then it's actually a disaster....
          You are being an ASS right now! There are many reasons whu people dont move from these areas but I'm not going to list them because it seems you are a smart guy and you can figure it out. As for hurricanes, it simply a word in most peoples vocab but until experience one or two bad ones you cant say shit about it. Believe been thru several and not just living in FL too. Went thru hurricane Gilbert in '88 when I was a kid and that thought me to respect Hurricanes . Hurricane Wilma and Katrina scared so much Floridians that a way higher % of people are alot more prepared than usual years. My mom has been completely over prepared for this season but the fucked up thing is that she just finally got her roof fixed due to damage from Wilma and now it a Hurricane season again. Roof contractors are making a killing down here....its taking months to even get someone to give an estimated much even to fix the shit. I guess I'll jsut move back up North and experience Blizzards or move to the West coast(cali) and experience Earthquakes...its a toss up between the 2.
          1993 Accord LX - Sold
          93 BMW 525it - SOLD
          92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
          2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
          2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
          2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
          2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
          2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

that's true, i know there are reasons to live there, but it's not always worth the risk. and also many buildings now are constructed much differently, with hurricanes in mind, more able to withstand that kinna pounding.

i still won't feel bad for peeps who don't evacuate though....your stuff is never worth your life.

but there are parts of the world that are inhabited...and for various reasons. i suppose, long ago when people settled in those southern areas, there prolly wasn't a hurrican problem, so i can't expect cities to be abandoned...but i unno...i'd say only live there if you have to.

besides, too many old jews in miami...not to mention all the frenchmen that go down from quebec. frenchmen make me vomit.

if you know what "poutine" is....your soul has already been tarnished by them!

accordaffair, i'll meet you down in arizona bay.
            Last edited by DeathFromAbove; 05-12-2006, 03:43 AM.

Comment

that's true, i know there are reasons to live there, but it's not always worth the risk. and also many buildings now are constructed much differently, with hurricanes in mind, more able to withstand that kinna pounding.

i still won't feel bad for peeps who don't evacuate though....your stuff is never worth your life.

but there are parts of the world that are inhabited...and for various reasons. i suppose, long ago when people settled in those southern areas, there prolly wasn't a hurrican problem, so i can't expect cities to be abandoned...but i unno...i'd say only live there if you have to.

besides, too many old jews in miami...not to mention all the frenchmen that go down from quebec. frenchmen make me vomit.

if you know what "poutine" is....your soul has already been tarnished by them!

accordaffair, i'll meet you down in arizona bay.
              I have no idea what a "poutine" is but I deal with french canadians everyday thru emails and phone calls. I work for a company that deals with Hair Replacement and we have a distributor in Canada called Novera. French canadians are so blunt and sometimes ruder(or sounds rude). Anyways, for the people that dont evacuate when told to or try to be thrill deserve whatever happens. then again some people think are scared to leave their property because of what happen in NO.
              Last edited by Gemini; 05-12-2006, 10:30 AM.
              1993 Accord LX - Sold
              93 BMW 525it - SOLD
              92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
              2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
              2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
              2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
              2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
              2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

They say the NorthEast is due for a super sized hurricane within the next few years....hopefully ill be gone by then

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

northeast... hmm that could be bad if that was a large urban centre like new york... even if it was a fairly minor hurricane and downed power for new york and and area that could be really bad. though i do seem to remember a blackout in new york that lasted for a few days.

no power anywhere for a week could be pretty chaotic.
                  1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

Wow..from Canada... would have never guessed by your overgrown ego.

So you want to just evacuate any area within striking distance of a hurricane... which means anything touching the Gulf of Mexico, and up the Atlantic shoreline should be vacated. Good idea smart guy.

Its all a toss up of what you want to risk, some people like being frozen in igloos, some dont mind unpredictible earthquakes, some live in tornado alley, many live where a blizzard combined with continually rising gas prices only spells out disaster, while others live in a very hurricane prone area...whatever floats your boat, nowhere is perfect.

As for this hurricane season, everyone knows its just going to keep getting worse. but thats all natural disasters, not just hurricanes. Think about the mudslides, forest fires and earthquakes in california. I still dont understand why people actually do live there.

Like I said above, I would rather deal with 150mph winds that I know are coming. You have plenty of time to get out of the way. If you dont, there is nothing like opening the front door with 100mph winds and seeing if you can make it to the street while still standing. Is that kinda dangerous? Yeah, but its a good adrenaline rush. If I ever have money to get a big old SUV, I'll drive around in one and get some good video.

edit: which reminds me, i gotta figure out how to get a cheap but good and waterproof video camera for this year. I didnt get much footage last year since I didnt want my camera to go swimming.
                    Last edited by aero; 05-12-2006, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X