oy .. What a Day .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oy .. What a Day .....

welp .. it happened .. i knew it would .. but still .. i didnt listen to my instinct ..
    i've had my jdm one piece headlights sittin in the closet for over a year ..
    my paint guy suggested i *fit* everything before we spray .. he wants to be sure that everything fits.
    anyway .. i so like how they looked .. that i left um on .... DOH !!!

today .. cruisin down a side street, infronta me, is this new f-250 ..idleing ..he's talking to the driver
    in a semi next to him, who is also...yep ..idleing .. in the middle of the road .. no biggie i say ..
    instead of being a dick and leaning on my horn, or yelling out obscenities .. i stopped behind him ...
    we were in no hurry .. besides .. he'll notice me behind him and he'll split ... wellll ..
    my passenger sean and i are talkin... lookin at each other ..
    i turned to see if the guy infronta me had even noticed that i was behind him yet ...
    i see these freaking reVERse lights on and he's comin backwards at like warp speed ... i FREAKED.
    SLAMmed it in reverse myself... ground gears and all .. lit up the tires .. and POUNDED my horn ...
    too late .... i did manage to leave the clutch in .. and not touch my brakes .. he got me tho ..
    his trailor hitch went THRU my front bumper, below the drivers head lamp .. the lamp itself ?? wellll
    it has a blemish .. my body guy said that it cant be rubbed out .. RIGHT in the middle, bout the size
    of a penny .. damn .. and i just put them on .. after having them, alllll this time ...

i got these jdm's (stanleys) from canada .. i didnt want the japan ones .. anyone know or HAVE
    a pair laying round?? orrrr (i know this is nuts to ask.. but) anyone have a drivers side stanley jdm
    (92/93) orrrr have 2, and know of someone needing a passenger side ?? LOL .. anything .. anyone.
    i'm so desperate right now .. just thought i'd ask .. ya jus neva know ..

btw .. if anyone is wondering .. i never called the cops ... the guy that hit me followed me to my
    body guys place... i had rob show him just how expensive the stanleys were and the dude lost it .. lol
    the guy that hit me asked me what i wanted to do ... i said shit man .. i dont wanna mess up your
    insurance and all .. you pay for the bumper and the lights ... and what rob's gonna charge to
    straighten this and that out ... and we'll call it even .. so far the tab WITH the stanleys ..
    is close to $1200 bucks ... the guy said at the scene that if it went over like 800 .. he'd do
    the insurance thang .. he couldnt beLIEVE the price of the stanleys ... lmao ..

like to find a pair on ebay .. from canada .. hell, just the drivers one ..
    why oh WHY, did i leave those stanley's on for ?????
    hmmm .. maybe NOWS a good time to get that 92/93 front bumper?? .. heh ..
    ps.. thanks greatly ... in advance .. to anyone who might be able to help .

A Hui Hou !!
    Paka

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

i got a front bumper 60 shipped.

Comment

Wow Kewl Maple ...

for a 92 ? what color (like it matters lol) got any pics ??
      great price shipped man .. thanks for the *fast* response!!!

A Hui Hou !!
      Paka

Comment

Certifit has the best deals on body parts. I'm sure you could find a cheap front bumper. I got my hood from them, and you can't tell it's not original.

As for the headlight... damn! That sucks bro. I hope you can find a replacement! What's the difference between Canadian ones and Japanese ones? Did the CDM Accords come with one-piece lights?

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
          i got a front bumper 60 shipped.
          sent you an email Maple ..

a hui hou !!
          paka

Comment

Deevergote> What's the difference between Canadian ones and Japanese ones? Did the CDM Accords come with one-piece lights?

*BustedLX* wrote: "The beam pattern between RHD and LHD cars is different but all one peices are designed
            to be used on RHD vehciles (Japan, UK, etc.)." i've have heard this before myself ..
            sooo .. i would assume that *we* need to be using the LHD ? I'ts just been so damn long, i needed my memory jogged ..

A Hou Hou !!
            Paka

Comment

Oh yeah... makes sense! I realized the beam pattern stuff while blackhousing my lights last week... The cones are different for each side...

Comment

Working...
              X