Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car-splitting Crash Kills 2

**********taken for the NEW YORK POST**********

HORROR: The front of the Honda lies behind the mangled rear in Brooklyn yesterday. Tesfa Smith and Jalani Griffiths died.
    Photo: Seth Gottfried

May 8, 2006 -- Two young men died in Brooklyn early yesterday when their car spun out of control and hit several parked vehicles before smashing full force into a lamppost - a collision that ripped the Honda Accord in two, police said.
    Tesfa Smith, 20, of Brooklyn and Jalani Griffiths, 22, of upstate Herkimer were killed in the 1:55 a.m. accident at Nostrand Avenue and Maple Street in East Flatbush.

The impact ejected Smith from the front seat. Griffiths was pinned in place by his seat belt. Both were pronounced dead at Kings County Hospital. Smith had been celebrating a birthday party at a friend's house, said his sister, Porsha Jones. "He would take his shirt off and give it to you if he thought you needed it," she said.

Griffiths was in the process of moving back to Brooklyn to pursue a career as an X-ray technician, relatives said.

"He had a very quiet demeanor, but he was very intelligent," his mother, Jessie, said.

Was that someone that someone here knows, or is it because it is/was a CB7?

Regardless, if people weren't out screwing around, this sort of stuff wouldn't happen.
    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Originally posted by ACCORDianate
      Was that someone that someone here knows, or is it because it is/was a CB7?

Regardless, if people weren't out screwing around, this sort of stuff wouldn't happen.

I've seen this cb before and race him once ( at night) i really didn't know he was a member or not he never pulled over and ask.................................
      .....but damn.....................

EDIT: i just spoke to my friend and she said that its not the same car that i race'd but the one that cut me off one time..................the one that i race had black rims..................DAM for that car to split in two.......sh*t
      Last edited by 2.2AZUL; 05-08-2006, 10:23 AM.

Comment

must have been going fast as fuck!

Comment

Yo azul you sure you didnt pull off one of your be out moves and careen at the last minute dip causin him to wrap. Poor guy never even had the chance.

Comment

Cars don't split themselves in two... The driver was obiously at fault...
            Automotive Service and Fabrication In SOCAL!! https://www.facebook.com/JLRFAB

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
              Yo azul you sure you didnt pull off one of your be out moves and careen at the last minute dip causin him to wrap. Poor guy never even had the chance.
              lol...

i remember i was street racing this kid with an 89 ls swap....and he kept going through a dead end ..and crashed his car...and i was like peace dawg (after i saw everyone was ok tho)

then i came back 30 minutes later cuz of guilty concious

Comment

Dont be surprised if 2.2azul if you see the news report come back and you see 2.2azuls car speedin away from the site. Shes the only person ive seen that will driver her car real aggresively. She was prolly runnin late and the dude was trying to race her and failed miserably and she sped away like ohwell should have never been in my way .

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                  Dont be surprised if 2.2azul if you see the news report come back and you see 2.2azuls car speedin away from the site. Shes the only person ive seen that will driver her car real aggresively. She was prolly runnin late and the dude was trying to race her and failed miserably and she sped away like ohwell should have never been in my way .

.................lol.........thats not true at all i drive carefully i'm not near aggressive driving not one bit...............its the other driver.........i don't cause mayhem behind me..........i just leave my mark.........

Comment

I saw pictures of it. It was a white 90-91 CB7... He was going over 95mph on Nostrand... impact was so hard the car got split in half.

Comment

"He had a very quiet demeanor, but he was very intelligent," his mother, Jessie, said.

1. I would bet $1000 he was drunk

2. I wonder if she could define "very intelligent" for us.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordAnimal

1. I would bet $1000 he was drunk

2. I wonder if she could define "very intelligent" for us.

Even book smart people do stupid stuff time to time, and who knows.. Normaly they say Alcohol was a factor on these kinda things in the news when they report it..

This reminds me I need to get my roll cage in my car soon, even though I don't do stupid stuff on the street it will help cause shit happens.
                        Hi, I'm Shippo and I have a problem. I keep buying CB7's.

Comment

Originally posted by Shippo
                          This reminds me I need to get my roll cage in my car soon, even though I don't do stupid stuff on the street it will help cause shit happens.
                          not sure, but i dont think a roll cage could of held up. I could be wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Shippo

This is one of those instances when not even a roll cage will save you. I highly doubt even a roll cage would've stood up to a car splitting in half... and just cuz you have one doesnt mean you should do something so utterly reckless

Comment

Originally posted by ant96gle
                              This is one of those instances when not even a roll cage will save you. I highly doubt even a roll cage would've stood up to a car splitting in half... and just cuz you have one doesnt mean you should do something so utterly reckless

I dono really, I've seen unibody cars take alot of damage with a rollcage and the driver walk away. But he was driving like a jackass so it was only a mater of time, and it ran out.
                              Hi, I'm Shippo and I have a problem. I keep buying CB7's.

Comment

Working...
                              X