Almost a year later.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost a year later.

As some of you members know, I gave up my car last year to a local junkyard. I went back about a week later and I thought they had already sent it to the crusher.

That story can be read here 1.04.2005

Well today I went to the same yard to find some things for the Civic , and my truck. Well as I'm walking I look to where I had came across a flushmount spoiler for a CB7 last year and for second I took a double take.

Turns out my car had never seen the crusher, instead I think they may have lent it to someone or did something with it, there it was my old whip, same damn car with the awful rust spots the aerodynamic dent and the miscelanous scratches and the horrible dull white color (which I thought added character to my old car )

They perched it on top of a Volvo 240 and had managed to take off the front bumper, speakers and the new distributor and alternator the interior was a complete mess the window itself has two huge holes and the back seat has been ripped up.

The mods I did were still intact, the manifold which I purchased about a month before I got rid of it, the K&N filter I had as well, and the rigged o2 sensor wires.

But enough of that here it is in its purest decayed form:

This is walking towards it.

A close up of the car itself.

The infamous cancer.

Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Part 2

My favorite decal ever, The Punisher.

The rear

The mangled interior

The trunk and whats left of it, I had painted it black with Rustoleum to prevent further cancer in Nov of 2004.

The engine bay, I had added this exhuast manifold before I got rid of it and I think the drop in filter from K&N was still in there,

Finally walking away from it I took one last shot.

Looked like they had taken something and beat on it relentlessly, I just wish at the time this all happened the site was up and I would've been able to give it a good home as a parts car.

Sucks, but hey you move on.
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,

Comment

Pretty cool but more times than not, the car will sit there and get picked apart over the years.

Believe it or not, people that run junkyards are not dumb... they're very smart at taking something that is worth nothing, and turning it into a money maker.

Comment

jeez i cant believe its still there, grab those headlights dude, and ur header!

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
          jeez i cant believe its still there, grab those headlights dude, and ur header!
          Yeah Im thinking about grabbing the header as for the headlights nah, I drilled holes in them 5 years ago so there no good anymore because of condensation.

My old members ride thread when it was actually whole.

lol

The great white hype
          Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          Legend FSM

Comment

its funny for me to see an accord still intact like that.

all the junkyards around here have roaming packs of mexicans that strip all hondas down to nothing! sometimes they hide parts in other vehicles so others cant get them. the only time i can find something good in a salvage yard is when its arrived within the last couple of days.

also my local harrys-u-pull-it has $5 part day which results in everything being gone.

Comment

Originally posted by jay78
              its funny for me to see an accord still intact like that.

all the junkyards around here have roaming packs of mexicans that strip all hondas down to nothing! sometimes they hide parts in other vehicles so others cant get them. the only time i can find something good in a salvage yard is when its arrived within the last couple of days.

also my local harrys-u-pull-it has $5 part day which results in everything being gone.

Yeah it shocked me a bit to see it still sitting there, I really thought that they had crushed it for good, but I',m going back to pull a spoiler off a 98 Civic for my gfs car and I may rip the vin tag off my old car just to keep it as memorabilia, I still have the two original keys and I ended up finding the valet key.

I still have the original owners manual with my step dads name on it as well lol.

There going in a safe soon lol.
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              Legend FSM

Comment

ah meeting old friends, feels good doesn't it??? it's good u remember what mods you did to it before u let it go. memories from a honda go on and on....
                <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by tommi
                  ah meeting old friends, feels good doesn't it??? it's good u remember what mods you did to it before u let it go. memories from a honda go on and on....

Mods before I let the Great White Hype go were:

K&N Drop in Filter
                  Meagen Headers
                  New Alternator

Sad part? They're still on the car.

Damnit wheres Chip Foose when I need him lmao.
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  Legend FSM

Comment

Working...
                  X