Emo-crisis with my CB7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emo-crisis with my CB7

Ok guys...I really like my car..but everytime I look at it and think of all the problems it has...rust holes, hollow body behind rear wheel well door dent, and basically a new suspesion...I plan to give her up to a bone yard later this summer ( I wont sell to anyone else, I cant give my car to another person...) because I afford to fix it I wish I could but I can't I guess I'm saying I need support from you guys..what should I do ? Get rid of it and get another ? or keep it and work on it?

I really can't bear giving my car to someone else....
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

well i understand not wanting anyone else to have ur girl but how does the motor run? is the tranny tight? because if ur drivetraine is still good concentrate on your suspension....new springs and struts...i know some people are going to say coilover this n coilover that but for the doh, springs n sruts....after that give your car sum kemo and get rid of that cancer...im in the process of the diy on the rust removal and what accordtunerx says to do is great.....i had nothing left of my drivers side rear wheel well and ive basicly reconstructed it thanks to that thread..in my opinion you know what you have right now and if its decent nurse her back to health.
    Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

I just replaced my hood, had all my rust repaired (I had the hole in the fender as well) and I'm doing my suspension this summer. I also had a Presidential Maaco paint job. The bodywork, paint, and hood cost me about $675 total. Not too bad, considering it almost looks new again now. My new suspension will be high-end, and cost me another $700.

Hit up Maaco and Ebay. You should be able to do both your bodywork and suspension for under $1000, and still keep your car. It looks like a hell of a lot of work, but it's not really that bad.

Comment

Yeah, Just save up...I pretty much planned on selling my car this summer and switching to a DSM b/c of my rust (which i think this is terrible even though you guys would laugh if you saw it) but I'm totally gonna suck it up and spend the 2800 or so for new quarters...and just keep it...I'm too attached to it...just look around...you're in Taunton right, AccrdKid...just Hit up Everett's in Brockton...i was there last weekend and they had a silver CB7 with perfect quarters...just hack em off and have a bodyshop weld them on.

Comment

i have bad rust to but i'm getting it fixed,hey you live one town over from me like 20 mins away if you do give her up i'll take it.let me know.but hey try and keep her.

Comment

ya evertetts rocks,i was there today,and that silvercb7 loks hot.they got like 6 there now.i live in brockton,i am gonna cut out good rear quarters and have them welded in.
            Last edited by 91accord4door; 03-18-2004, 03:18 PM.

Comment

If you do...let me know how much that'll run....and they have more cb's now...i remember last time i went there was like 4...i almost bought the trunk from the red one...and i did get the lip of the green one

Comment

ya they got at least 6 now,they told me that eachrear quarter runs about $70-$100,but if you go to brockton auto parts its right before everetts there only $65 for each rear quarter the old guy theres great,but when you go to either one the priceschange when you are there so call first so you can use the price they tell ya,but you should go to everetts soon(we should meat there)they have ,mad cb's.

Comment

accordwrrior you got pm

Comment

91accord4door

Im gonna be living in Fall River soon. But yeah you me and Accord Warrior should def meet up and work on each others rides...i dont think im gonna give up on the car yet .
                    Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,

Comment

ya dont give up man i got rust so bad i hafta get metal put in,we should all meet up,i am getting my body work done this summer,just pm me so we can go over this,you have yahoo?pm me

Comment

Yo keep the cb7 i was once thinkin just like you hmmm yeah wanting to sell it. But your cars a honda bro built to last you have to do your part and take care of her so shell take care of you. Get started on the bodywork and let us know how it goes dont be discouraged by car cancer. Besides dsm like the eclipse are cool but them trannies sure wasnt made to last.

Comment

If your suspension is going, look at replacing all the bushings, that should help tighten things up a good bit...it's what I'll be doing this summer...

Comment

ohhh man....you can't give up on her! If it was me, I definately would keep it.
                            00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Originally posted by WeDgE
                              If your suspension is going, look at replacing all the bushings, that should help tighten things up a good bit...it's what I'll be doing this summer...
                              LOL dude suspension hasn't been touched in about 12 years....not a thing has been changed since new..i just need a new radius rod..for lower kit and springs ill have to save for those.

But yeah Im not gonna give up sometimes I feel like it....I have the car going on two years now. Its seen its share of biting the curb gettin slapped by a Tacoma and leaving a cum stain on a F-150 only to get some damage. But hey it still runs and yeah im keeping it
                              Henry R
                              Koni/Neuspeed
                              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                              Legend FSM

Comment

Working...
                              X