Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So much for best friends

[/RANT]
    So me and my 'best friend' jeff got into a huge fight the last few days. I had told him that i was going to order an SR20DET motor, so him, being a friend, called his motor guy and got me a KILLER deal on a ball bearing turbo DET motor. This was on friday, and i was going to go to the bank on saterday and overnight the check.

Well when saterday came around I woke up a little later than i wanted, and my mom was still home ( i have to try and sneak this all behind her back ) so i wasnt able to make it to the bank and the post office before 12:00 noon.

On sunday, Jeff askd me if i had the tracking number for the check, and i told him no, and explained the circumstances. Well, he completely flipped out on me, we exchanged some words, he told me "I got you a deal and you went and fucked it up!" (I didnt fuck anything up, the guy was expecting the check for Wed, and i was goign to overnight it for monday). and he basicly told me to find someone else to help install the motor.

some background:
    (I cant work on my car at my house or Vals house because both of our parents are really agaisnt it. that, combined with the fact that i dont have the tools to do a motor swap, like air tool or an engine hoist. Jeff on the other hand has a huge, heated 2 stall garage with every friggin tool you could ever imagine. His dad is installing a lift in there soon, so you get the idea)

So now im fucked. I ended up not buying the motor because:
    1. i cant have a motor show up at my door step, my mom will FLIP out
    2. I have no where to install the motor

I dont understand why he would do this over the stupidest fucking thing in the world, but i guess thats just the way he is. Ever since we were kids (we have been friends for over 10 years), he always had to be better than me no matter what. If i got something, he had to get either the same thing or something 100x better. I know recently it has been killing him that i scored a Job making double what he makes, and he hasnt been the same since (you would think he might be happy for me instead of being a jelous ass hole). Im really starting to think he doesnt want me to have this motor because i might have something half as good as him (he has a SR20DET GTiR motor in his sentra). He knows how hard it is for me to modify my car (something i truely love), because of my mom and the lack of space to work on it. I dont know how he could sit there with an empty garage and a best friend who could really use it, and just say no. God forbid he make me happy.

I guess when you have everything under the sun. a perfect family, a perfect house, a huge garage, all the tools you could ever need, two vehicals (a 400whp track car, and a truck), a swimming pool, 2 big screen TVs, no bills, havign your parents pay for everything and only 1 Class a week,.....its hard to know whats its like to have to really struggle to have a single mom who makes $12.50 an hour, no father, having to watch your little 10 year old brother struggle through life because he has a learning disablility, and just never really being very happy.

Thanks Jeff

[/RANT]

wow, that got way off topic...sorry for the sob story, that felt good

Edit: I realize that im very lucky to have the things i have too, beleive me, i take NOTHING for granted. everything i have I either lost something to get (Dad) it, or worked my ass off (scholorships)
    Last edited by Accord R33; 04-18-2006, 01:03 PM.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Hey bud, I understand... misunderstanding for sure... but you still got us!!!
    Love ya,
    -pax
    Seattle, WA

Comment

i have a similar friends...i think everyone does. good luck eric, i wouldnt let this ruin 10 years of a friendship.

Comment

punch him in the face to set him straight.

or, he's just pms-ing, let a few days pass and he'll get over it.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Hey man you still got connections here.
          Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Ahhh well what can you do . Not to blame you but its kinda your fault yaknow. He ordered up the motor for you but this was due to bad communication . You have to weight out your options when you think about doin swaps or work of any kind . Both your parents val and yourself have to have an understanding but being that its their house they are gonna break on you.

My parents dont do that they let me work as long as they have a place to park in the yard its all good as long as i dont block them when they leave to go to and from work. You both need to work something out. He got you a deal and why do you have to sneak past your moms jsut to get a check to pay for the motor isnt it your money?

Do you have to consult with her before you buy anything. If it is your money why should you have to consult with her into buying the motor. If you dont have a space to swap the motor why even get it? Why even bother goin through all the headaches if you cant and having to go through all these people and store the motor. Doesnt your moms trust you just tell her that youll clean up the mess as soon as your done.

Did he tell you no you cant use his garage before or after you couldnt/didnt buy the motor. If you fell asleep while trying to front up the money it was solely your responsibility to express those funds to get the motor so thats on you. If you have nowhere o install it yourself either find another place or go to a shop and have them charge you for it. If your making double now find a loaner to drive and take it to the shop to get swapped or have the motor delivered there next time. I hope this doesnt upset you but both of you need to just shake hands and try to work something out after all he did go out of his way for you yaknow its only right. Dont ruin 10years etc over something so petty over a motor.

Comment

i was reading in a magazine the other day that friendships do often dwindle due to jealousy.

i'm sorry eric, i know how much you were looking forward to that motor..i wish you the best of luck
              Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Originally posted by williamsvt
                i was reading in a magazine the other day that friendships do often dwindle due to jealousy.

i'm sorry eric, i know how much you were looking forward to that motor..i wish you the best of luck
                Yup....it's true. If he acts this way in spite of jealousy, then he's not a true friend(never has been).
                My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Did he tell you no you cant use his garage before or after you couldnt/didnt buy the motor. If you fell asleep while trying to front up the money it was solely your responsibility to express those funds to get the motor so thats on you. If you have nowhere o install it yourself either find another place or go to a shop and have them charge you for it. If your making double now find a loaner to drive and take it to the shop to get swapped or have the motor delivered there next time. I hope this doesnt upset you but both of you need to just shake hands and try to work something out after all he did go out of his way for you yaknow its only right. Dont ruin 10years etc over something so petty over a motor. [/QUOTE]
                  well said dude
                  GOT REBEL?

"There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer."

Comment

Hey man sorry to hear that... honestly sleeping in on a saturday is nothing to get mad at. I'm rather shocked to see you in a situation not really able to work on cars, and considering how much you've done and the fact that you help hook other people up with turbo stuff I've much newfound respect for you being able to accomplish so much under those circumstances. Hope you're friend comes around before too long and there aren't any scars.
                    My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Jealousy sucks doesnt it I know what you are going through have a friend who has to always be on top and brag about this and that and how much money hes got and what he wants in the future. Im not the jealous one but he is always trying to make him self look better then me as if he where jealous with what I got and it aint much sorry dude.

My ride

Comment

listen man just shake hands and explain the problem over again........10 years is long and shouln't go down the drain for a motor..........jealousy is a big thing amongst friends........so you say you don't have tools and the space WELL you need to patch things up with him if you want that motor really bad.....if not let it die down....he'll come around sooner or later.........i know how it is my friend and me have been going threw it lately

Comment

i dont have friends because im an ass............my best one died and i only deal on an acquaintance level now......i dont like owing anyone anything

Comment

Man, dont get down in the dumps because of some jerk like that. He was never your friend and i dought he ever will be. I know what you mean about the family and the dad part. My real dad walked out on my family when i was about 4, Im now 16, My mom and sister had to raise me. I may be the youngest one, but i know the struggles that my mom and sister went through. If your "friend" did that to you, then i wouldnt even bother talking to or going around him ever again. If you still want to be his friend and all, by all means be so, Just let him know that you didnt appreciate what he did at all. Ask him what happened, Like why did he flip out.

If you ever need anything, im sure just about anyone here is willing to help in anyway we can

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
                              i dont have friends because im an ass...
                              Ahh, I see clearly now...
                              My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Working...
                              X