Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more incentive to keep studying/stay in skool

The Human Population:

If we could shrink the earth's population to a village of precisely 100 people, with all the existing human ratios remaining the same, it would look something like the following:

There would be:

- 57 Asians
    - 21 Europeans
    - 14 from the Western Hemisphere, both North and South
    - 8 Africans

- 52 would be female
    - 48 would be male

- 70 would be non-white
    - 30 would be white

- 70 would be non-Christian
    - 30 would be Christian

- 89 would be heterosexual
    - 11 would be homosexual

- 6 people would possess 59% of the entire world's wealth and all 6 would be from the U.S.A.
    - 80 would live in substandard housing
    - 70 would be unable to read
    - 50 would suffer from malnutrition
    - 1 would be near death; 1 would be near birth
    - 1 (yes, only 1) would have a college education
    - 1 would own a computer

When one considers our world from such a compressed perspective, the need for acceptance, understanding and education becomes glaringly apparent.

The following is also something to ponder...

If you woke up this morning with more health than illness...you are luckier than the million who will not survive this week.

If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation ... you are ahead of 500 million people in the world.

If you can attend a church meeting without fear of harassment, arrest, torture, or death...you are luckier than three billion people in the world.

If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep...you are richer than 75% of this world.

If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish someplace ... you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy.

If your parents are still alive and still married ... you are very rare, even in the United States and Canada.

If you can read this webpage, you are luckier than over two billion people in the world that cannot read at all.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Damn..thats deep...
    My Ride r.i.p.

My new ride

Comment

Originally posted by CKYaccordHIM
      Damn..thats deep...
      Now thats some interesting stuff right there.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

where did you get that info from?

Comment

wow............thats some shit i guess i'll be in the 70 would be non-white.........lol

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
            - 1 (yes, only 1) would have a college education
            - 1 would own a computer
            That is definitly the same person haha.

but wow thats really cool info. whats the source?

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

wow, what an eye opener.
              "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

Damn...really makes ya think...now i feel a little guilty about bitchin about the rust on my car lol

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                  The Human Population:
                  - 70 would be non-Christian
                  - 30 would be Christian
                  well...ok there's about 6 billion people on earth (very rough estimate, but works for my purpose) and a little over 1 billion claim to be Chrsitian. Thats about 17% of the world population (much higher in the US of course)...so it would only be 17/100 that would be Christian. Some of the other numbers you listed dont seem completely right either..but meh, its kinda cool anyway.
                  Under Construction

Coupes weren't mean to be sleepers

H22power.com

Comment

Originally posted by Liljord05
                    well...ok there's about 6 billion people on earth (very rough estimate, but works for my purpose) and a little over 1 billion claim to be Chrsitian. Thats about 17% of the world population (much higher in the US of course)...so it would only be 17/100 that would be Christian. Some of the other numbers you listed dont seem completely right either..but meh, its kinda cool anyway.
                    are you sure your not confusing chatholic with christian?

Comment

catholics are still christian, just another branch. Just like all the others.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

catholicism is christianity...whether people like to admit it or not, there is no separation. The only difference between cathlolics and the protestant religions was the split during the reformation. They still hold many of the exact same beliefs, just with different traditions/ceremonies...such as confession, saints, etc.

As to whether I might be wrong on the estimated number...that is possible. But it is a growing religion so it could be more...but not nearly the 30% predicted in the original post. Americans just tend to assume that there are tons upon tons of christians...because thats the "unofficial" religion of America. But with a population of only roughly 250 million, the US is just small piece of the religious mosiac of the world.
                        Under Construction

Coupes weren't mean to be sleepers

H22power.com

Comment

school's for fools.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                            catholics are still christian, just another branch. Just like all the others.
                            I know..but not all christians are catholic. that was my point.

i really couldnt care less. Religion is just one big cover up fabricated by man kind to hide the fact that we really dont know anything about the interworkings of the universe.

its also the #1 cause of death in the world
                            but thats a different thread...
                            Last edited by Accord R33; 04-18-2006, 03:08 PM.

Comment

That's bonkers.

Unfortunately, with the rate of growth and the way things are I dunno if we'll have the resources to support everybody...

Originally posted by lordoja
                              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                              X