Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We, the consumer, can lower gas prices...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote
    Yeah, you wanna save money on gas? Maintain your motor. Drive conservatively. Drive less. Buy a scooter. WALK!
    My scooter got jack!!!!
    "form follows function."
    Louis Sullivan

Comment

Wow I got this forwarded to my office email on Monday.

The cursor arrow circled and circled and circled the 'delete' button until it finally came into contact and *click* it was gone.
      Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
      2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
      2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
      2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

ugh..

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
          oh god..not this again. it has to be the most uneducated campaign iv ever heard of.

now if president bush would stop opening his mouth and telling Iran that were going to kick there ass if they keep enriching uranium, gas prices probably wouldnt be so high.

you guys do realize that whatever gas you dont buy on that day..your going to have to buy eventually..the oil companies know that, there not stupid
          We actually discussed this in micro-economics; it's actually not Bush's fault its our own. WE need gas, we NEED to drive, we NEED to get to work, we NEED gas. As long as we always demand it, there will always be someone to sell it and if we all demand it and don't stop using it then of course the price will rise. Its amazing that the price hasn't risen before this, because if you think about it we've been demanding it for a long time without having an consequences, in this instance its price. Its not that the quanity is low and we're angering Muslims, but rather they have learned that they can charge whatever they want, and we still pay the price. We can't drive anywhere without gas, and most poeple don't want to ride a bike to work, so as long as we keep going to the pump, the companies will keep rising the price. It's simple economic principles...i'd post graphs on economics demand and supply, but i'm too lazy to scan them.

I don't agree with the comment you make about Bush, because i feel that it's a wide open comment with no evidence behind it. Bush may be threatening the middle-east and Muslims, but it has nothing to do with fuel COST. The cost that they are paying to create the fossil fuels isn't really changing, it's really only that America is willing to pay the higher costs, and well to tell you the truth most of America is becoming richer, and isn't caring what they have to pay in order to get from one place to another.

Gas will remain high as long as we all own SUV's, turboed cars, and etc...its never going to go back down, because guess what we are all willing to pay the price, whether you like it or not. The oil companies have finally smartened up and have found out our weakness.
          Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Originally posted by williamsvt
            Gas will remain high as long as we all own SUV's, turboed cars, and etc...
            eric

Comment

Originally posted by floored
              eric
              yes, i know eric used to have a turboed car, infact i've ridden in it and i'm good friends with him.

i included turboed cars, because they are known for not getting the greatest gas mileage and they usually run on 93 premium octane gas.

Comment

I don't agree with the comment you make about Bush, because i feel that it's a wide open comment with no evidence behind it. Bush may be threatening the middle-east and Muslims, but it has nothing to do with fuel COST.
                So you’re saying that it was pure coincidence that gas prices shot up 30 something cents at the same time Bush threatened to invade Iran if they didn’t stop their nuclear program? I doubt it.

Ever hear of price gouging? The oil companies use stupid comments like Mr. Bush's against us..they know we are going to expect an increase, therefore they do what we expect, and we don’t think anything of it.

The theory of supply and demand has been around since the beginning of time. I understand that the more we need it, the more it will cost. Look at tickle me Elmo! But that only accounts for the long term increase in fuel cost, not these 30 cents in 1 week spikes. There is just as much fuel in the ground this week as there was last week (theoretically speaking of course). That kind of puts a hole in the supply and demand theory.

Gas will remain high as long as we all own SUV's, turboed cars, and etc...
                My turbo car got just about 30mpg in its prime.

What are they teaching you guys over at RWU? I got into a fight with Val today over an economic issue, namely the U.S. deficit.

Aparently they were teaching her that because China recently bought out the U.S. paper debt, that the guy from the chineese restaurant down the street had the right to come to my house and ask me for $10. and if i didnt give it to him, they would do bad bad things. Like spread communism across the U.S.
                Last edited by Accord R33; 04-13-2006, 06:23 PM.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

reality is, they can manufacture news stories or give minor incidents excessive media coverage and through this they facilitate fear of increase in price or fear of gas shortages. the factors outlined above (and a whole lot more) can lead to the increase in the price of gas.

the person who posted before me who said oil companies have "smartened" up is exactly right. but they also decieve the media and use the media to manipulate people, an essential part of taking advantage of consumers.
                  1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

So you’re saying that it was pure coincidence that gas prices shot up 30 something cents at the same time Bush threatened to invade Iran if they didn’t stop their nuclear program? I doubt it.

Ever hear of price gouging? The oil companies use stupid comments like Mr. Bush's against us..they know we are going to expect an increase, therefore they do what we expect, and we don’t think anything of it.

The theory of supply and demand has been around since the beginning of time. I understand that the more we need it, the more it will cost. Look at tickle me Elmo! But that only accounts for the long term increase in fuel cost, not these 30 cents in 1 week spikes. There is just as much fuel in the ground this week as there was last week (theoretically speaking of course). That kind of puts a hole in the supply and demand theory.

My turbo car got just about 30mpg in its prime.

What are they teaching you guys over at RWU? I got into a fight with Val today over an economic issue, namely the U.S. deficit.

Aparently they were teaching her that because China recently bought out the U.S. paper debt, that the guy from the chineese restaurant down the street had the right to come to my house and ask me for $10. and if i didnt give it to him, they would do bad bad things. Like spread communism across the U.S.
                    i guess you have a point about the Bush thing, but i do believe we had this coming to us; it was only a matter of time. I mean look at what Canadians pay and the price per liter over in England. It was only a matter of time before the United States would become a target by oil companies.

Overall, however, America is getting richer, i mean loook at how many more millionaires there are today then there were 10 years ago. Everyone and their mothers are now millionaires and its become not an un-common occurence that most people are millionaires.

Oil companies see this type of new money and realize that they can charge what they want and get as much money as they desire. Do i think that government should have a price ceiling on gas per gallon, yes yes i do believe they should put a price cap on per gallon prices.

i guess i was wrong about your turbo in particular, but in general aren't turbos not the most effecient cars (gas per gallon wise), and don't they use the premium gas?

Comment

i guess i was wrong about your turbo in particular, but in general aren't turbos not the most effecient cars (gas per gallon wise), and don't they use the premium gas?
                      While they do (or at least should) use 93 octane, the fuel is burnt more fully and more efficiently than in an N/A engine. THere is also the fact that turbo cars are "re-tunned" so we can tune for better gas millage.

Comment

While they do (or at least should) use 93 octane, the fuel is burnt more fully and more efficiently than in an N/A engine. THere is also the fact that turbo cars are "re-tunned" so we can tune for better gas millage.
                        eric has thus correct me, haha

again, i'm not trying to knock any previous theories or other people's opnions, but only expressing my own views. Personally, i don't think we can do a damn thing about gas prices as an individual consumer..the only thing we really can do is go to the polls.

Comment

Personally, i don't think we can do a damn thing about gas prices as an individual consumer..the only thing we really can do is go to the polls.
                          and your absolutely right..there is absolutly nothing we can do (including boycotting ExxonMobile)

Comment

and your absolutely right..there is absolutly nothing we can do (including boycotting ExxonMobile)
                            or hijack all the tanker trucks...
                            My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Originally posted by Clueless
                              or hijack all the tanker trucks...
                              that's a great idea, hijack a bunch of oil trucks, which contain oil and then have shortages to gas station which in turn creates lines and pushes the individual gas price up at stations. Not to even mention that that would give an excuse for the oil companies to raise their prices again, because they would claim losses in equipment and fuel.

Comment

that's a great idea, hijack a bunch of oil trucks, which contain oil and then have shortages to gas station which in turn creates lines and pushes the individual gas price up at stations. Not to even mention that that would give an excuse for the oil companies to raise their prices again, because they would claim losses in equipment and fuel.
                                not oil trucks, gasoline trucks...
                                My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Working...
                                X