CB7 memories.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7 memories.....

Remember when CB7's were new? I remember going to a Honda dealership with my dad when I was 10. I remember seeing a sea of recently delivered Accords on the back lot of this dealership, most of them still covered with plastic. Then riding home in our brand new '90 Accord. ahhh....back in the day
    00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

ahh the good ol days...........................

Comment

well i was about 10, but mine is still new =)

but damn those were the days...and honda was good too! hahah...and they gave alot of discounts and cash back, now fuk that. lol
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Oh man...I was 7 when my car was made...that's a head trip...but I think if I had seen my car when I was 7 I wouldn't have even given it a second look lol...that was back when it was all about fast sports car...but in a way for me just looking back at the pictures from when I first got my car has the same effect...

Comment

yeah i was 9 when my car was built...wasn't even looking at cars then...but when i was younger i was all about the domestics *shutter* i've since seen the light. WOO
          Trites

1992 H23 powered CB7

Comment

Like I mentioned in another post, I have a original sales brochure for the 90 coupes. Unfortunately its in a box in Oregon. I have to grab it next time I'm up there so I scan you guys some pages. It's a trip to look at. I love looking at the options you can and all the different Honda wheels. Also seeing the factory CD option was cool. Were any of you lucky unough to get a factory CD player in your cb7? I've never seen one in person, just in the brochure.

My first memory of the cb7 was when my grandma bought a 90 4door lx off the dealership. The funny thing was that it was previously owned by her mother. They had just traded it in for a 93 4door lx. Man I fell in love with that 90. I was only 13 so I couldn't drive but I would wash it all the time and just sit in it and play with the radio.

Thems was the days.
            "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

a guy i know has the factory cd player in his 91 EX-R. rest of the car is POS though.
              Trites

1992 H23 powered CB7

Comment

i just remember seeing more of them driving around back in the day. they were more common. i swear i'm seeing less and less of them around now. whenever i see one now (stock or modified), i have to say "cb7 represent" to myself, heh... :dork:

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerx
                  i just remember seeing more of them driving around back in the day. they were more common. i swear i'm seeing less and less of them around now. whenever i see one now (stock or modified), i have to say "cb7 represent" to myself, heh... :dork:
                  Yeah I find myself doing the same thing. On my way to work in the morning I always see this 93 black EX coupe. It looks cherry and an older lady drives it. I wonder if its a AT or stick. Anyway I want to stop her someday and ask if she will sell it!
                  "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

ATX, shit you need to come out here to northeastern Wa then,
                    everyday I see one on I-5 i havent seen before whether its 90 and cappucino wit a bra and red/white tails or green 93 ex wit a black rear BC kit and m3 sides red/white tails and 2000 teg front conversion,,
                    yeah(actually that dude is a member on here(according2me)but hes goin back to a stock cb7 front end cas that one got jackt up
                    lookt real clean tho
                    yes i do love cb7's as well, and enjoy hearing all the memories

Comment

Originally posted by accordtunerx
                      Yes, saddly, this is true. Everyday, all over the country, more of them get totalled, and more of them blow their motors as the result of neglegence. And they all end up at the junkyard. They are truely a dying breed. Think about it, when was the last time you saw a 2nd or 3rd gen? Pretty soon, the CB7's will be just as few and far between.
                      Last edited by mrhonda; 03-16-2004, 09:42 PM.
                      00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

I was 12 and living over seas in Guam (U.S Territory in the Pacific) when I saw my first CB7 it was black Ex top of the line (with an auto) this guy had put a kit on it and I think that car was the first of its kind EVER to have a hydralic system in it..man it was beautiful.
                        My uncle lived next to the guy man it was the greatest machine I had ever seen, besides that Toyota and Nissan pickups where always a lowriders' dream vehicle never a CB7...I knew then and there that my mom had one here in Mass.
                        And man was I right...I used to sit there and read that manual and I would get yelled at for reading it lmaof..but now 10 years later I can say I happily own the family car...man thats my first memory turned into a dream. :-D
                        Henry R
                        Koni/Neuspeed
                        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

around where i live, CB7s are everywhere...there are at leats 2 others on my street alone. and at leats 4 others in my town (1200 people). and in my general area you see them everwhere. they are mostly the cdn LX (DX) modles though
                          Trites

1992 H23 powered CB7

Comment

In the Bay Area there are tons of 4th gens and the majority are in really good shape too! I was suprised to see so many on the east coast when I was in PA a couple of weeks ago.

I remember picking up the 4th gen at one dealer, but the car had lots of spots on the paint surface, plus it had nearly 400 miles on it. The dealer wanted to sell it as new. They also claimed it was the last white 4 dr ex in Nor Cal. We left anyway, and went to another local dealer. Then we drove to their lot, and there was a SEA of 4th gen's There were at least 12 other white 4th gens hehe. I drove the Accord to high school senior year, then when I got to junior college next year there were some guys that had fixed up hondas. A really clean black slammed 3rd gen Prelude with O.Z. plutos, also a 4th gen civic si hatch with the jdm treatment, and some fixed up 2nd gen integras.. Man those were the old school days...

Comment

I was ten when mine was made. I remember when i gave up all hope on gettin a honda period but i wanted a 5-speed no luck whatsoever. Unil my parents and i passed by this car lot it was open on a freakin sunday im like whatever.

So my pops and i went to venture and check it out . MY moms stayed in the car go figure. So then i looked around you know not payin the car any attention not lettin the dealer know that i wanted that car bad it was a 5-speed i was about to literally hump the car on the spot. It had a little bit of blemeshis here and there but i didnt car its like it called to me.

So then when my pops and I got the keys and took it for a test drive she was perfect she ran hard i was like wow this is a 5 speed stock honda oh shit. BUt yeah she was indeed fast some water comin out the exhaust pipe was all filled sputterin out water the rear backup light was on.

The inside the car was dirty a bit I found a pic of the old lady who owned it I couldnt beleieve she drove my car before me i through the shit out the window and proceeded. I was in the car everyday waiting praying id get to drive it around cause around then no registration on the car shit like that its was a weekly process that felt like a decade as the fucked up wheels of justice and oppurtinity turned.

Then finally as it sat in the backyard i fixed it up cleaned it out air freasher here and there sprayed off the engine leaves hear and there . someone beofre me tried to break in my car and failed. Ohyeah the car also had no radio so i tok the one out of my old car and put it in there so it was good. Then i got it painted my car and i became very good friends got attention from it just about everytime i drive it around. AHHHHH CB7

Comment

Working...
                              X