Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lately I have been thinking of killing myself.....(sportbike)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lately I have been thinking of killing myself.....(sportbike)

Na just kiding.Anyway my boy is selling me his 2001 yamaha r6 wit 8700 miles for $3500.I'm thinking of buying it.Will post pics as well as pics of my 93 lx next week.
    Project EP hatch on the way

Greatest thread title in a long time! You should be in advertising. I wish I could afford that bike. Blue?
    Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
    -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
    MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

thats a pretty damn good price for that bike
      Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

if you are thinking about it.. have you ridden before? have you taken an MSF course, have you priced insurance?

Check out www.sportbikes.net before ya buy, sounds like a pretty good deal though.

Comment

Yea it's blue/black.I have been lookin at some insurance prices and ouch not good.Thanks for that link.

Comment

Originally posted by GREENCB3
            Yea it's blue/black.I have been lookin at some insurance prices and ouch not good.Thanks for that link.
            yeah, insurance can kill, but without it.. it'll kill you aswell. Thats part of the reason I started out on a ninja 250, insurance for me with a not so great driving record is only 236 a year. The bike is also as fast as you need for around town (faster than most of the cars on this site), and with a smaller bike, you actually LEARN to ride a motorcycle, with a newer 600 for a first bike, it'll bite you in the ass any chance you give it. (pretty much similar to daily driving an indy car in NYC IMO) Just checked with geiko, and they woulda been 178 per year, but not worth the pain to get transferred over to them.

But read up at the sportbikes.net forums, and take an MSF class before you jump into purchasing a bike, it'll save your ass in the long run.

And as far as the 250...I am thankful I got it instead of a newer bike a few times now. Im pretty responsible about not doing stupid stuff, but a few times, had I had a newer bike, I prolly woulda wrecked it, too much throttle, you'll loop it, too much brake, that asphalt will be in your mouth in ... .5 seconds.
            Last edited by aero; 03-25-2006, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Yea cuz my old bike was a 2000 kawasaki ninja zx6r.Got stolen in pasaaic new jersey at a party I was in and to this date I have yet to find it.That website you gave me helped me out thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by GREENCB3
                Yea cuz my old bike was a 2000 kawasaki ninja zx6r.Got stolen in pasaaic new jersey at a party I was in and to this date I have yet to find it.That website you gave me helped me out thanks.
                damn, like I said in the other thread.. doesnt take much for the stupid theives to take a bike whether locked up or not. Lowjack is being installed now though. Only downside is you have to have it installed, cant DIY. But, the percentage of bikes they get back, its VERY worth it. The lowjack is installed inside of the engine, not easy to get out/off. The theives usually leave the bike for a day somewhere to see if its got lowjack, if the cops didnt come and get it, then they grab it up for good.

Comment

Definitely considering doing that.Getting your car stolen is the worst feeling in the world.

Comment

Working...
                  X