Farming Equipment Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farming Equipment Help

I have a job interview tommorow at a farming equipment place....its 10 bux an hour and 44 hours a week so i really wanna get it....I dont really know much about farming equipment....i know the general knowledge that most ppl would know about it.....and ive been searchin manufacturers websites and all that lookin for general info....but im kinda hopin that some ppl on here can give me some of their knowledge commin from using the machines....i know the place mainly deals with john deere stuff if that helps....and I will mainly just be selling the stuff i wont have to deal with maintenence or anything like that.....any help is appreciated....thanks
    Last edited by King James; 03-22-2006, 04:00 PM.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

I can't offer you anyhelp on that. i don't think i've ever SEEN seen a farm.

Good luck on your interview though bro
    CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

dont touch the PTO (power take off) when its in use, those wicked cool warning stickers tell the truth (the stickers with the dude getting spun arround the shaft).
      John Deeres are way over priced, dont lay under a disk, dont lay under a plow, the average combine head will rip your arm off, the ones for corn are very mean. with bailers im not sure... but i think if you ran a person over with one you could turn him into a square or round bail of hay / straw

PS are you selling tractors, impliments, or both?
      PPS i know that was no help at all
      dirty accord->
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...threadid=13407
      crappy website

Comment

Originally posted by b33rnut010
        dont touch the PTO (power take off) when its in use, those wicked cool warning stickers tell the truth (the stickers with the dude getting spun arround the shaft).
        John Deeres are way over priced, dont lay under a disk, dont lay under a plow, the average combine head will rip your arm off, the ones for corn are very mean. with bailers im not sure... but i think if you ran a person over with one you could turn him into a square or round bail of hay / straw

PS are you selling tractors, impliments, or both?
        PPS i know that was no help at all

LMAO!!!!

James, Are you going to be in the parts department or are you going to be a salesman for the tractors themselves.John deere is way over priced but im sure you already know that, and your job will be to talk only good about your merchandise/machines...My family has a 8850 tractor, and ive ran that a couple years.Its a really nice tractor has loads of snort.But when she does break down its pricey to fix.Im partial to Caterpillar combines anymore...German manufactured....But I hear that John deere makes some nice skid steers also, one of my grandfathers own two of them...very roomy inside and I guess they are made so that they arent so bouncy to ride in.
        Just study up on all the equipment so when someone says hey my so and so tractor broke down or i really like this model.You can be like yeah thats a great tractor or lead them in a better direction.If your in parts im sure they have a catolog on the computer so thatll be pretty easy to look up parts. good luck man let us know how it goes and sorry for this being so long lol later

Comment

John Deere makes some nice tractors that will last but i agree with the overpriced sticker they usually carry. Get to know the main features and functions of the tractor which will help you out. If they have a catalog i suggest you read it and get a lil knowledge on it it will help you out a lot.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

im from a farming family. so i know some....hit me up with questions

Comment

Hey thanks for all the help....its given me alot more knowledge bout everything....I just got back from my uncles....who used to own a farm and he gave me pointers on all the stuff ppl should look for and wat is good and bad....and i think that im gonna be mainly workin inside with just sellin like mowers and smaller things....but i know that the place does sell all the major farm equipment so its good to have knowledge in that.....again thanks for all the help...and thanks for the good lucks....ill let ya all know how it went tommorow.

Comment

remember, sell yourself and overexaggerate key ideas about yourself.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                  remember, sell yourself and overexaggerate key ideas about yourself.
                  O ya i gotta remember that lol....i always kinda try and be modest and i think i take it too far some times....i think that comes back to bite me in the ass....but im not really too too worried bout that cuz i know that i am capable of doing the job....the only thing im worried about is the fact that im not really a farming type person lol....but o well we'll see how it goes....im off...wish me luck.

Comment

hey bro .. if you need to know about farm stuff .. come in grand falls heheh ... everywere i look its all fields of potatoes and peas .......... too much up here hehe ... to bad i aint a farmer though heheh i would have helped ya but i aint good with that shit myself... good luck for the job
                    本田**AcCoRd**本田
                    Click to see my CB7
                    '90 CRX SIR - Imported from Japan --- Daily Driver
                    '93 civic hatch -sold
                    '98 Civic H22 Turbo -sold
                    '92 Accord ExR coupe- sold
                    '96 Golf- Sold
                    '96 Bmw 328-Sold
                    '01 Civic Si-Sold
                    '99 Maxima-Sold
                    '88 Crx-Sold
                    '91 Accord H22-sold
                    '97 Civic Coupe-Sold
                    '95 Civic HB b16b-Sold
                    '93 Accord-Sold
                    '89 Prelude Si-Sold
                    '91 Crx Si-Sold
                    '93 Honda accord-Sold
                    '88 Ford Exp-Rip
                    '92 Tracker-Sold
                    and many more lol(just dont want to take all the place lol)

Comment

when my father lived in Vermont, we had a john deere...

one day in the winter he bymistake dropped the bucket on the top of his hood of his explorer, lol..

it was fun driving the thing, i conquered most things with it
                      Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

DAMN! 100 bucks an hour.Good luck on that interview.
                        Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

Originally posted by GREENCB3
                          DAMN! 100 bucks an hour.Good luck on that interview.
                          dude it says 10 bux not 100

Comment

The interview went pretty well i think.....i just basically sold my self to the guy and told him a bunch of the stuff that i learned bout it....he seemed shocked bout me lol....cuz im pretty sure as soon as he seen me he just assumed that right off the bat that i wasnt knowledgable bout it...cuz of my longish hair and american eagle clothing lol...but after that we just talked bout hockey cuz i told hm that i played and he loves it so....it went pretty well.....i have to go back tommorow tho and "sell" him a tractor....but thats not too hard i can sell ne thing...i just need to research some more.....thanks for all the help

Comment

Working...
                            X