Which tops out a higher top speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which tops out a higher top speed?

Kay, So my friend and I, Jordan, are at each other's throat's about this. Which car would top out at a higher top speed- A 2nd gen stock Me-so-bitchy eclipse, automatic, non-turbo. Or a 91 EX Accord running about 155 under the hood? I can't seem to find top speed ratings on the eclipse 2nd gen. but mine tops off about 115. Could someone help me out on this please, the question I mean?
    Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races.

look up to your right.........you see where it says search?....play with that you may find something intresting
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...astest+accord:

google is pretty good too
    Last edited by 93EXaesthetic; 03-21-2006, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Maybe you should read his post a little more carfully before being a jack ass. He wants to know what the eclipse top speed is. Not his.

1993 Accord Ex Coupe
      -1999 USDM H22A4, M2Y4
      -JDM 17" WedsSport RS-5
      -BFGoodrich T/A Sports 215/40/17
      -JDM Fujitsubo Legalis-R Exhaust
      -D2 Coilovers
      -JDM Headlights
      -Suspension Techniques Rear Swaybar
      -Axxis Metal Master Brake Pads
      -Recaro Seat

Comment

Originally posted by bbhondacb793
        Maybe you should read his post a little more carfully before being a jack ass. He wants to know what the eclipse top speed is. Not his.
        bitch...i said..."google is pretty good too"...asshole

a lil bit of extra knowledge would help the guy out too.....what did your post do to contribute...LOL...

hey newbie...i mean new guy.... the only way your gonna have to check is to do a run on the highway.......if he is not governed he will top out prolly around 120.......the N/a 2nd gen eclipse only produces 140 hp. let me give you a clue......the turbo version tops out @ 130 mph according to dsm tuners..
        http://www.dsmtuners.com/model-guide...eclipse2ga.php
        Last edited by 93EXaesthetic; 03-21-2006, 04:02 AM.

Comment

i'm pretty sure top speed has nothing to do with horsepower, as in if your gearing is the same as stock, your stock car will top out the same as if it was modified.

Comment

Originally posted by ckyskater733
            i'm pretty sure top speed has nothing to do with horsepower, as in if your gearing is the same as stock, your stock car will top out the same as if it was modified.
            in a vacuum (or on a dyno) that is corrrect. sadly, in the real world, we have aerodynamic drag to worry about. if you dont have enough power to overcome the drag . . . you wont get to hit the top of 5th (or 4th depend on your transmission)
            Last edited by ACC0RD22; 03-21-2006, 01:29 PM.
            -Mark-
            CB7
            CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
            Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by ckyskater733
              I think that depends, if the car's last gear is too long, it may not have enough power to use it all. More power would mean it would get to the top speed faster and probably go a little faster. But who knows how much more horsepower it would take to make any sort if difference.

1993 Accord Ex Coupe
              -1999 USDM H22A4, M2Y4
              -JDM 17" WedsSport RS-5
              -BFGoodrich T/A Sports 215/40/17
              -JDM Fujitsubo Legalis-R Exhaust
              -D2 Coilovers
              -JDM Headlights
              -Suspension Techniques Rear Swaybar
              -Axxis Metal Master Brake Pads
              -Recaro Seat

Comment

Whats the point of asking this question?

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

My girl has a 96 eclipse.Let me find out the top speed on that.I'll get back to you.
                  Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

96 Would be 3rd gen??? Or no...?

Comment

Originally posted by wrichards2005
                      96 Would be 3rd gen??? Or no...?
                      no

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

96 is second gen I think because the 1st gens are the 91-94 ones that look like replica's of the eagle talon.
                        Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

Lot of funky stuff in this thread...

Anyhoo, top speed has everything to do with horsepower, and indirectly everything to do with gearing as well. Considering the two cars are about the same in power and aerodynamic profile I'd say they both top out at about 120. For the record, my car topped out at about 125MPH...but a stock speedo is useless at those speeds, so it was really "around" 125MPH. I did pass my friend's governed Altima 3.5SE though

Originally posted by lordoja
                          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                          X