Transferring to California (College)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transferring to California (College)

After long hours of contemplating and trying to decide if leaving the east coast was good or not, i've decided to. I did a lot of thinking and im deciding that leaving the North East is what i need to do to further my experiences and learning. I want to see other places in the US and i think the west coast in general has a lot to offer me. I have started to make a list of colleges to look at and apply to in California.

These are the following schoools that i'm most likely going to look into and apply to:

Loyola Marymount Univ.
    San Jose State Univ.
    Sonoma State Univ.
    St Mary's College of Cali.
    Univ. of Redlands
    Univ. of San Francisco

if any of you guys know anyone or attends any of these colleges please let me know. I will not be transferring till next spring (so i will be doing apps next fall), and no matter what i will be leaving the North East whether or not i get into any of these schools or not.

I just figure that this time in my life, it's time to experience some different locations and experiences and i need to get out somewhere else, before i become an NEier for life.

I will keep you guys updated as i research more and more on these colleges and as i make my decisions...i also plan on flying out at some point in spring/summer to look, so i'd love to meet some fellow cb7tuners.

-ben
    Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

As long as you don't hate on us west coast/cali tuners unlike some other people here if you go to university of redlands you can hang out with the So. Cal guys. We dominate california with cbs.

Comment

Originally posted by SSDH22Accord
      As long as you don't hate on us west coast/cali tuners unlike some other people here if you go to university of redlands you can hang out with the So. Cal guys. We dominate california with cbs.
      do you go there? cause one of my friends from my HS goes there, and i was planning on maybe visiting in the near future.

Comment

i dont go there but its located in so cal

Comment

i goto san jose state

cool place, anything in particular you need to know about it other than it being primarily a commuter school?
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
            i goto san jose state

cool place, anything in particular you need to know about it other than it being primarily a commuter school?
            ahh thanks thats the kind of information i need!

well Wes, do you like the school? do you find yourself wanting to ever go somewhere else? and what's your major?

Comment

mt st. mary's is a good school use to be an all girls school now they are trying to equal it out but the ratios is about 20-30 girls to one guy....hahaha arrozburners gf use to go there dunno if she still does ask him i plan to attend there also in the near future im a nursing major and they have one of the best programs....wuts ur major btw??
              So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

oh yeah i forgot to include that thanks for reminding me. At this moment i am Business Undeclared major, so i'm looking for schools with just generic decent business programs.

thanks for info!

Comment

thats what i was going to ask you ^^^ whats your major? which st. marys are you talking about? theres a mt. st. mary's that has a great nursing program like aaron says and then theres a st. mary's school as well...totallly different schoold but sound similar. ive heard that lmu was a good school..i dated a chick there and the campus was beautiful and close to the beach as well...she loved it there and its close by to alot of things so theres always something to do within the area...redlands is out in the boonies so theres minimal extra curriculur activites to do since its in the middle of a desert...i have a friend that goes there and thats one thing she doesnt like of it. if its mt. st. marys then im like 20 minutes away as well as lmu so atleast youll know someone in the vicinity.

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                  first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
                  Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                  no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
                  So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

business...USC has an excellant business program and there alwyas working on expanding it...they just built a new building for graduates in business...have you thought about the uc's or csu's?

So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Originally posted by arrozburner
                      business...USC has an excellant business program and there alwyas working on expanding it...they just built a new building for graduates in business...have you thought about the uc's or csu's?
                      i had heard USC had a good business program, unfort. i'm not sure that i could get in. I did alright through HS with grades/sports/extra curricular, but generally speaking i did not do excellent. College hasn't differed too much, so i think in order to get in there i'd really have to push and it probably be a 'reach' school.

Again thank you for that great info!

Comment

Originally posted by williamsvt
                        ahh thanks thats the kind of information i need!

well Wes, do you like the school? do you find yourself wanting to ever go somewhere else? and what's your major?
                        Civil engineering
                        sophmore year

i do liek it very much, so far the majority of teachers are very cool and willing to help with academics.
                        counselors are a bit harder since there are so many people within the engineering field, but they still will talk to you and about the career that you want.

i never find myself wanting to go anywhere else, maybe it is mainly because i just hate academics in general but there is everything i need here.
                        good food, tight clubs, and entertainment within close walking distance. (hookah clubs, strip, 18+, breakdancing events)

but the BEST thing of...BEST THING!!!!
                        is the girls...yes, the females.....
                        it's so diverse and there are females of every kind, when it comes summer. it seems like all of them wear close to nothing. it is such a great sight.
                        55% females @ SJSU

ask me more questions
                        I <3 G60.

Comment

look into ucla, uci, csun, csulb

So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

hmm, SJSU might not be the place for business major but what do i know?
                            I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                              Civil engineering
                              sophmore year

i do liek it very much, so far the majority of teachers are very cool and willing to help with academics.
                              counselors are a bit harder since there are so many people within the engineering field, but they still will talk to you and about the career that you want.

i never find myself wanting to go anywhere else, maybe it is mainly because i just hate academics in general but there is everything i need here.
                              good food, tight clubs, and entertainment within close walking distance. (hookah clubs, strip, 18+, breakdancing events)

but the BEST thing of...BEST THING!!!!
                              is the girls...yes, the females.....
                              it's so diverse and there are females of every kind, when it comes summer. it seems like all of them wear close to nothing. it is such a great sight.
                              55% females @ SJSU

ask me more questions
                              sounds like a good school to me, haha.

thanks for the great information Wes!

UCLA would be an awesome school for me, butt yet again its a 'reach'.

Comment

Working...
                              X