my latest aquisition....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my latest aquisition....

This is the 91 EX I recently purchased for $500. It had a broken timing belt and 9 out of the 16 valves were bent. I rebuilt the head with all new valves and did a complete t-belt package. Don't ask me about the valve cover, it was black when I put it in the parts washer....30 minutes later I pull it out and its silver. Anyway, it runs great now, and should make for a nice daily driver for a while. What I really want (if I can find one) is another 5spd car....anyone up for a trade?

00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

that pic makes the interior look flawless...good job on restoring the engine.

Comment

Dude where do you guys find this stuff? Hook a brotha up....

Comment

Oh it makes me giddy! What do you use for parts wash?

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
        where you been, is something wrong?
        i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

nice car i like the paint looks really clean heck i want a 5spd car too ....how did it get so clean did you clean it or did you have the peoples at honda clean it for you

AzN VtEc PoWeR: i need to find something to do on my b-day
          nFiniTeSkiLz: yea
          nFiniTeSkiLz: go find some friends
          nFiniTeSkiLz: lol
          AzN VtEc PoWeR: i already went on craigslist and got some hoes
          AzN VtEc PoWeR: just like maple
          AzN VtEc PoWeR: hahahaha i keed
          nFiniTeSkiLz: um hum im sure...

Comment

I'd trade my cb7 for that one....I still haven't gotten my running yet, but hey, it is a 5 speed.
            My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Originally posted by 1993sE
              how did it get so clean did you clean it or did you have the peoples at honda clean it for you
              Nope, this is exactly what it looked like when it was towed in to our dealer. I diagnosed the problem, the customer declined the repair, I bought from them, fixed it, and started driving. I love it, its clean as hell and drives really nice...probably because it only has 140K miles on the clock. I'll probably keep this one for a while, at least until I can find another 5spd Accord to buy.

accordaffair - our parts washer at work is basicly just a hot water tank.
              Last edited by mrhonda; 03-18-2006, 02:40 AM.
              00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

So how does water break down oil?
                I would've thought it would be petroleum based, like carb-cleaner...

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                where you been, is something wrong?
                i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Oh my god, is that an OEM color??? I want it! (sorry for the noobishness, but thats one of my favorite colors)

Comment

Wow...I wish I lived in Texas sometimes. I could deal with that for $500.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior

mine wasn't as nice, but I picked mine up for that much and it just needed a fuel pump. 120k on the clock and only thing that erks me is a few dints and dings, and normal wear.. It looked like a 5-7 y/o car to me when I saw mine for the first time on its condition.

I <3 my 5 speed, and coupe.
                      Hi, I'm Shippo and I have a problem. I keep buying CB7's.

Comment

nice find man. i almost bought a cb7 identical to this one back in the days. i ended up getting a 90 teal coupe.
                        "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

looking very sharp, definately worth the 500 bucks and time involved to fix it, VERY worth it.
                          My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                            Most Def., wow what a steal and what a great job on fixing it! congrats on the find and fix
                            Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Originally posted by mrhonda
                              Nope, this is exactly what it looked like when it was towed in to our dealer. I diagnosed the problem, the customer declined the repair, I bought from them, fixed it, and started driving.
                              Over here you can get Fired for that.
                              Yup i know.

Comment

Working...
                              X