PROOF that an exhaust works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PROOF that an exhaust works

In my never ending quest to get my car back to former glory, I got my flex pipe fixed (thanks Mike). The old one was all trashed, and I was basically running an open header...it was awesome outside of the noise issue. The exhaust would pop between shifts and the engine just felt freer...

Now, with the stock exhaust being part of the equation it's noticeably choked up. I dunno if it's just my perception and the car being 10x quieter, but somehow I think the "freer" exhaust really did make a difference...

Oh well...that dude will do my whole exhaust w/2.25" piping AND either an OBX Twin Loop or OBX SP2 muffler for $170...

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

damn, thats cheaper than mine...
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

go for it dude!! When i put my 2.25 piping on the does seem to breath a lot better. I got megan racing header back and i cant complain.

Originally posted by Dr.x
      You drive an almost 20 year old car, pretty much everyone can pay it off.. you dont need to be "ballin"

Comment

Where'd u go to get in done? I live in NYC also. So you didn't bother with wrapping it huh lol.

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
          Where'd u go to get in done? I live in NYC also. So you didn't bother with wrapping it huh lol.
          Naahhhh...when Mike told me the price I had to. You gotta go with him though as they know him. It's one of those spots by Shea Stadium though. They have all the OBX mufflers on Ebay and everything...

ARRRRGH there's a body supply shop near him too...NEW BUMPER= $40!!!! I'm gonna get the front and rear next paycheck...

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
            Naahhhh...when Mike told me the price I had to. You gotta go with him though as they know him. It's one of those spots by Shea Stadium though. They have all the OBX mufflers on Ebay and everything...

ARRRRGH there's a body supply shop near him too...NEW BUMPER= $40!!!! I'm gonna get the front and rear next paycheck...
            what's wrong with your bumpers? They look fine in your sig.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
              In my never ending quest to get my car back to former glory, I got my flex pipe fixed (thanks Mike). The old one was all trashed, and I was basically running an open header...it was awesome outside of the noise issue. The exhaust would pop between shifts and the engine just felt freer...

Now, with the stock exhaust being part of the equation it's noticeably choked up. I dunno if it's just my perception and the car being 10x quieter, but somehow I think the "freer" exhaust really did make a difference...

Oh well...that dude will do my whole exhaust w/2.25" piping AND either an OBX Twin Loop or OBX SP2 muffler for $170...
              dont mention it homey

Comment

Sounds like a good deal to me.
                Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

Yea that pic is from about a year ago, maybe a little less...sheesh...it's been a long time!

Comment

Figure, with your old leaky exhaust, there was a good deal of turbulance. Plus, if most of it was leaking out at the flex pipe, there was no velocity to create a scavenging effect. So yeah, you should notice some better performance now!

Comment

Shea Stadium = teh wack crush bending. Actually, which shop? There are like 20 of them. Is this the one across the rim place?
                      Last edited by KillerCam282; 03-12-2006, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Proof that an exhaust doesnt work

Comment

i got my muffler ran at shea too. I picked up my obx muffler at eastern motorsport on horace harding, but they closed down now (probably cause they were a rip off). I paid 75 for my muffler and 70 at shea for all the piping, i think i went 2.25. 75+70=145 and i told the guy to put 2 extra straps on my shit

Comment

Originally posted by T3aM 83rD
                            i got my muffler ran at shea too. I picked up my obx muffler at eastern motorsport on horace harding, but they closed down now (probably cause they were a rip off). I paid 75 for my muffler and 70 at shea for all the piping, i think i went 2.25. 75+70=145 and i told the guy to put 2 extra straps on my shit
                            I remember I went to them for my Z the first time around. They put 2 hangers up for my entire exhaust system (stock has damn near 10 hangers). Then I wised up and bought a Stillen exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                              Figure, with your old leaky exhaust, there was a good deal of turbulance. Plus, if most of it was leaking out at the flex pipe, there was no velocity to create a scavenging effect. So yeah, you should notice some better performance now!
                              No, no, no...the more I drive it the more disappointed I am. Power is definitely down, and I have to give it noticeably more gas to get it moving. While the rattling and droning definitely isn't missed, the "throttle response" definitely is.

I think I might go with 2.5" piping to offset the wack sauce crush bending...

Comment

Working...
                              X