Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freak brake malfunction, car towed to dealer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freak brake malfunction, car towed to dealer...

So as some of you know, I had some interesting issues with my other car recently. My '06 Civic had a freak malfunction with its braking system caused by a foreign object (in this case, it was a rock or something).

As I was pulling off the highway, the car started to make this loud, weird rattling sound (sounded like the transmission or something was falling off of the car) followed by a scary screeching sound. It made a piercing sound as the car moved in all gears. I panicked and called the dealer who told me to pull over immediately and not to drive it any further. This was the same day the WRX had just gotten back from the detail shop. I wasn't pleased at all to be driving it around after all that, but did snap a few photos.

This happened right at the bottom of the big hill where I live. So, of course, it was interesting to see all the neighbors rubber-necking wondering why the hell I was standing on the side of the road, HEHE. Oh well, all's well now and things are fine. Here are the pics...

So fresh n so clean clean!

Last edited by mysticbluemaui; 03-09-2006, 04:57 AM.

Wow, never heard of that happening on the new Civics.
    But it is a new model, so you kinda expect it.

Have you gone in for that other recall?
    The one where the Gas pedal tends to stick depressed?
    If you havent, i suggest you go do that

BTW, 04-05 WRX and STi's are my favorite years.
    Well on second thought, the 2000 2.5 RS coupe doesnt look all that bad

Comment

sorry to hear about the civic, hope everything turns out alright

As for that beautiful WRX, woowwo
      Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

nice wrx

Comment

Originally posted by erikm
          That WRX looks clean. But I think my cb7 is cleaner You'll see.
          Riiiiiight! That's only because you're OCD! Don't make me have to bring up your dirty @$$ floormats now! Oooooh! HAHA J/K

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE
          Wow, never heard of that happening on the new Civics.
          But it is a new model, so you kinda expect it.

Have you gone in for that other recall?
          The one where the Gas pedal tends to stick depressed?
          If you havent, i suggest you go do that

BTW, 04-05 WRX and STi's are my favorite years.
          Well on second thought, the 2000 2.5 RS coupe doesnt look all that bad
          The car has been in for one other irritating problem. When I first got it there was this creaking sound that was driving me up the walls! People thought I was losing my mind, but I was able to duplicate the problem going over surface irregularities and bumps. The car would also rattle (loudly) at stoplights or while parked, the sound wasn't too far off from what my CB sounded like when its heat shield was ready to fall off. I took the car to two different dealers who weren't able to figure it out at first. Since this was right when the new Civics came out there was no actual service manual (according to the service managers) so they had to do a bit of investigating. It turns out, there was overspray of "cosmalene" (sp?) applied just prior to shipping from the factory. This apparently caused the resonating sound, blah blah blah, bottom line is that they fixed it.

I had no idea about that recall, I wasn't aware of it. Thanks. I'll have to bring it up to the dealer. They probably already hate me because I'm so anal, HAHA. But, about the brake thing, that surprised me as well. I had never heard of any car having this happen. I've driven down a lot of roads that were wayyy worse than the one I was pulling off of (it was fully paved, just had some gravel on the road) and I've never had this happen. Is this common? The dealer said that there are minor dents on the front right brake, but nothing to worry about. The tech noticed that the front strut was not properly installed (I think it might've been displaced when the two truck driver was loading the car for transport), so he went ahead and fixed that too. And, you're right, this is the first year of production for this generation, and I realized I'd probably have a few minor bugs to deal with. All in all, still happy.

Indeed, the GEN1 2.5 RS was a nice car. A few of my friends had the sedans, they were good-looking, so when they came out with the bug-eyed '02 - '03 models, I hated the look, HEHE.

Originally posted by williamsvt
          sorry to hear about the civic, hope everything turns out alright As for that beautiful WRX, woowwo
          Thanks, and things have been okay, thus far. Let's hope it stays that way.

Originally posted by Maple50175
          nice wrx
          Thanks, hope you're feeling better (saw a thread last week that said you were hospitalized or something).
          Last edited by mysticbluemaui; 03-09-2006, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Dents in the brake rotor? And about your car being the first year of production, how far off is it really say from the last generation....in mechanics. Brake systems are probably close of not the same, so why the problems with the brakes? That's funky....Honda should cater to you, IT IS brand new.
            1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Gee ading be safe goshers I want you alive in one piece for the meet.
              "form follows function."
              Louis Sullivan

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
                Dents in the brake rotor? And about your car being the first year of production, how far off is it really say from the last generation....in mechanics. Brake systems are probably close of not the same, so why the problems with the brakes? That's funky....Honda should cater to you, IT IS brand new.
                Yeah, the dents were caused by the rock(s) that were lodged in the system. I have no idea as to whether or not this is an isolated case, I do know that I've never heard of anything like this happening to anyone I know. We were actually at the dealer to buy a TSX (like right in the middle of finalizing the deal) when I noticed the Civic clear across at the Honda end of the lot. My last car experience at this dealer was also with an Acura so they knew I had high expectations. They've actually been pretty good at catering to me. Though I know they probably talk $h!t about me once I leave, HAHA. Overall, though, I still love my silver "spaceship" HEHE.

Originally posted by Chan_Man
                Gee ading be safe goshers I want you alive in one piece for the meet.
                Thanks, I was fine, but my poor car wasn't. You keep calling me "ading" but I think I might be older than you. Don't you worry, I'm going to be at the meet. You, on the other hand, better not flake. Is your car going to be repaired by then?

Comment

Wow, sorry to hear about the Civic..

As for your WRX, that's a very clean one What wheels are those? Your car really reminds me of my friend's car:

Prolly 'coz you both have the same wheels...I think...Looks the same n e wayz, his are Work Emotions, how bout yours? Well either way, car's lookin good

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

My bad ateh gee lol I had ading on my mind for some reason you old fart jk jk jk. Don't worry ateh I won't miss the meet I'm there for sure and yes the cb is fixed tomororw I am installing my lip back on and calling it a day and then saturday I'll be ready for the meet.
                    "form follows function."
                    Louis Sullivan

Comment

Originally posted by mysticbluemaui
                      I had no idea about that recall, I wasn't aware of it. Thanks. I'll have to bring it up to the dealer. And, you're right, this is the first year of production for this generation, and I realized I'd probably have a few minor bugs to deal with. All in all, still happy.
                      This is the Bulletin we recieved...

Comment

those wheels on the WRX are those rota circuit 10s? just wondering

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald_Type-R
                          Wow, sorry to hear about the Civic.. As for your WRX, that's a very clean one What wheels are those? Your car really reminds me of my friend's car. Prolly 'coz you both have the same wheels...I think...Looks the same n e wayz, his are Work Emotions, how bout yours? Well either way, car's lookin good
                          Thanks. Your buddy's car looks yummy, too. Gotta love the WR Blue. Indeed, they are also genuine Work Emotion CR Kai from the good guys down at Vivid Racing in Chandler, AZ!

Originally posted by Chan_Man
                          My bad ateh gee lol I had ading on my mind for some reason you old fart jk jk jk. Don't worry ateh I won't miss the meet I'm there for sure and yes the cb is fixed tomororw I am installing my lip back on and calling it a day and then saturday I'll be ready for the meet.
                          Well, I'm not THAT much older... bastos! HAHA J/K Glad to hear your car will be done by this weekend. I'll be sure to avoid you and your karaoke machine! LMAO!

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE
                          This is the Bulletin we recieved...
                          Thanks, Jak, I'll check to see if my car is affected by this. The people online here in these forums seem to know way more than my dealers here in town. *SIGH*

Originally posted by T3aM 83rD
                          those wheels on the WRX are those rota circuit 10s? just wondering
                          Um... no, see my signature. You're not the first and I'm sure you're not the last to ask me if they're Rotas, HEHE. Maybe I should put on a few of those blue Work Emotion decals that they came with. LOL

Comment

Working...
                          X