No announcement yet.

Pimpin' Hard with flowmaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've used Flowmaster before and I don't like the way it sounds. They sound "ok" on a V6 (had that too) but they really sound at home on a V8. I preffer Magnaflow on a 4cyl. Nice and mellow on the inside (I can hear myself think) plus it performs way better than any chambered muffler. The best performing chambered muffler out there is the Hooker Aerochamber. On avg, it makes 5-8 rwhp more than any Flowmaster muffler. Flowmasters are inherently inefficient. They're better than stock but that's about it. Ask anyone in general that owns a Flowmaster why they got it and 99% of the people will tell you because they "sound badass". Hell, even Flowmaster's slogan is, "Love that Sound!!". I don't know about you guys, domestic/import, I'll take performance over sound anyday.

Comment

i have the flowmaster, and i must say its gotten me laid too

i've seen that before... i think its BS...

Comment

haha..he said like bullfrogs

Comment

Damn it, why did i go magnaflow!?

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
          Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
          NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7
            Damn it, why did i go magnaflow!?
            u pretty much just anounced to the world that ur not getting any

Comment

Originally posted by bjaccord
              I got it because of the price, ($50) and the fact that you can get one with 3" in and 3" out, instead of the average "import" muffler that is 3" in 5" out. Sound is sound, I don't frickin care, the flowmaster gets drowned out by the external dump when I'm getting on it anyway. L8r
              Well have you had a look at all the different types of mufflers Magnaflow has? They don't have just the regular import mufflers with tips welded on. They have actual mufflers like you'd expect to see on a normal vehicle. Just about any case size you can find in a Flowmaster, you can find in a Magnaflow. Plus, ALL of Magnaflow's mufflers except the Turbo XL mufflers carry a lifetime warranty. The one I happen to pick is an import universal muffler. Here's what it looks like:

The dual tips fit perfect in the oval shaped cutout in our rear bumpers.

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordf22a6
                Well have you had a look at all the different types of mufflers Magnaflow has? They don't have just the regular import mufflers with tips welded on. They have actual mufflers like you'd expect to see on a normal vehicle. Just about any case size you can find in a Flowmaster, you can find in a Magnaflow. Plus, ALL of Magnaflow's mufflers except the Turbo XL mufflers carry a lifetime warranty. The one I happen to pick is an import universal muffler. Here's what it looks like:

The dual tips fit perfect in the oval shaped cutout in our rear bumpers.

I love my magnaflow

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Loving my Magnaflow too.. Got a hell of a deal on it and plus its flows well with the rear bumper.

Dual Square DTM, Single Wall
                  2.25" Inlet, 3" Diam. Tips
                  7.75" Tip Length
                  5" x 8" Oval Body
                  14" Muffler Body Length
                  Last edited by 84Blazin; 03-05-2006, 04:23 AM.
                  90' Honda Accord LX Sedan
                  Everytime I feel blue, I remember to breath again.

Comment

bah apexi WS > *
                    Seattle Silver crew #5
                    Member of the Midwest Car Club.
                    ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

Originally posted by 84Blazin
                      Loving my Magnaflow too.. Got a hell of a deal on it and plus its flows well with the rear bumper.

Dual Square DTM, Single Wall
                      2.25" Inlet, 3" Diam. Tips
                      7.75" Tip Length
                      5" x 8" Oval Body
                      14" Muffler Body Length
                      A buddy of mine has that exact model as well. His cb7 is a 1991 4dr sedan. His is much louder than mine tho. He took off the cat/resonator. Too loud if ya ask me....lol.

Comment

whatever i would like to see these chicks that he's picking up .............FOR REAL............

Comment

Originally posted by accord91lx
                          bah apexi WS > *

ws2!

Comment

Originally posted by bjaccord
                            Went to there site, and looked at a few mufflers that I would be interested in, and they were twice the price of the flowmaster on my car. There 3"in/out turbo muffler's were right at 100 bux. Doesn't really matter, its all preference, and so far I've been happy enough with my exhaust. L8r
                            Duuude. You're looking at their MSRP. If you give me some specs as to what you're looking for size wise or get a p/n of a muffler, I'll find you a badass price. I guess you could say, I have the hookup.....lol. Trust me on this one, I speak from experience. once you have a Magnaflow on your ride, you'll never use another muffler.......ever. I really do believe that. I'm not trying to sell them or anything. I'm just speaking from my own experiences. Holla!!

Comment

Well at least its not a fart can like those crappy muffflers on the Civics. >_>
                              Current Car:
                              1991 Accord LX
                              Mods: STOCK!
                              Future Plans:
                              Better All Red Tailights (i messed the driver side up bad!)
                              15" Rims and tires
                              Drop its about 2"
                              Amber sidemarkers
                              Amber turn signals
                              Lip spoilers
                              etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X